ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round 1A Scores

These are all fair points, but like you said you played your season worst game tonight against HD, I definitely thought Murphy's worst game last season was Mitchell. Murphy failed to close that game out, it should have been a much less anxiety inducing final margin. But it certainly didnt help the Murphy cause that day that their D1 girl played with a high fever and dehydration, she was a shell of herself in that game and was beyond fatigued at late in the game. I got flashbacks that day to the nearly identical game scenario the year prior when Murphy played East Surry at regionals, except Murphy lost that one on a buzzer beater, a game they should have won by 10 or more had they not went into "play not to lose" mode in the latter part of the 2nd half. Having said all that, I thought Mitchell had a really good team last year, they were a worthy regional opponent no doubt about it.

What does all that have to do with this season? Not much, and that's my point, I wouldn't count last year's results towards how things may go this year much at all. Murphy lost their point forward from that team, Addison, to college basketball and another starting guard from that team, Wilson, to transfer to Rabun Gap. I think even if Murphy were double digits better than Mitchell last year that gap has certainly closed. So I would strongly disagree with Blackcat on Robbinsville or Murphy being 20 points better than Mitchell. Whoever wins the Robbinsville/Murphy game (my money is on Robbinsville because it's a bad matchup for Murphy) will have a real fight on their hands with Mitchell in my opinion.

all I was pointing out is we’re not saint marys sisters of the blind. We proved tonight we can be awful. Beating heritage this year is no small feat as they play Shelby Saturday. Whc has a strong basketball tradition especially in women’s. I’m not sure we will beat robbinsville or Murphy gotta get Bishop first. If we lose Saturday we still are a pretty good team. As are Murphy and robbinsville. I just hope one of the three represents the west and not Bishop.

all I was pointing out is we’re not saint marys sisters of the blind. We proved tonight we can be awful. Beating heritage this year is no small feat as they play Shelby Saturday. Whc has a strong basketball tradition especially in women’s. I’m not sure we will beat robbinsville or Murphy gotta get Bishop first. If we lose Saturday we still are a pretty good team. As are Murphy and robbinsville. I just hope one of the three represents the west and not Bishop.
I don't think Bishop will beat Mitchell. If you play like you did tonight they probably will, but unlikely that you will have two subpar games in a row. I didnt see your game but I'm sure a long bus ride and your girls going up against something they haven't contended with, that being HD's huge 6'3 center, were factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
They posted the incorrect score and then the parents shooting the middle finger to high school players.
Hahaha no one associated with the team posted the score! As far as shooting the middle finger I didn’t see but I will take your word and say it happened (more than likely). What I did see was a classless bunch of winners dancing, taunting and waving gestures at half court (coaches and sideline personal included) also saw a trashed bench area that they had no intention on cleaning up. Most of the dancing and taunting is on the YouTube feed if you would like to view it (if it is still up). Anyway hope MIC made it home safely and good luck in the next round!

These are all fair points, but like you said you played your season worst game tonight against HD, I definitely thought Murphy's worst game last season was Mitchell. Murphy failed to close that game out, it should have been a much less anxiety inducing final margin. But it certainly didnt help the Murphy cause that day that their D1 girl played with a high fever and dehydration, she was a shell of herself in that game and was beyond fatigued at late in the game. I got flashbacks that day to the nearly identical game scenario the year prior when Murphy played East Surry at regionals, except Murphy lost that one on a buzzer beater, a game they should have won by 10 or more had they not went into "play not to lose" mode in the latter part of the 2nd half. Having said all that, I thought Mitchell had a really good team last year, they were a worthy regional opponent no doubt about it.

What does all that have to do with this season? Not much, and that's my point, I wouldn't count last year's results towards how things may go this year much at all. Murphy lost their point forward from that team, Addison, to college basketball and another starting guard from that team, Wilson, to transfer to Rabun Gap. I think even if Murphy were double digits better than Mitchell last year that gap has certainly closed. So I would strongly disagree with Blackcat on Robbinsville or Murphy being 20 points better than Mitchell. Whoever wins the Robbinsville/Murphy game (my money is on Robbinsville because it's a bad matchup for Murphy) will have a real fight on their hands with Mitchell in my opinion.
Imagine that, MBD disagreeing with me lol!

Hahaha no one associated with the team posted the score! As far as shooting the middle finger I didn’t see but I will take your word and say it happened (more than likely). What I did see was a classless bunch of winners dancing, taunting and waving gestures at half court (coaches and sideline personal included) also saw a trashed bench area that they had no intention on cleaning up. Most of the dancing and taunting is on the YouTube feed if you would like to view it (if it is still up). Anyway hope MIC made it home safely and good luck in the next round!

Train, you left out the part about them trashing the locker room.

Train, you left out the part about them trashing the locker room.
Their Coaches should be held accountable if the locker room was trashed. I do know they must have put on MaxPrep they won 105 to something in the 60s and the NCHSAA picked that up and had it on the brackets before changing it to the correct score. Ever who posted that should be barred from posting scores on MaxPrep.

14 went down with a pretty bad injury in the 3rd quarter when ES was leading by 9. Anyone watching that game could see East Surry was better until that injury.
It was actually a 4 point game, and the momentum had already swung. Credit to our girls, down 26-8 at end of 1, for their resilience they have shown all year. Congrats to ES on a fine season.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
East Surry girls are better than Robbinsville. When they lost #14 halfway through the 3rd quarter it eventually took the wind out of their sail.
Evidently you know nothing about Robbinsville..they have literally destroyed their opponents in the 2nd half the entire year. Ask the defending state champions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT