ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round 1A Scores

68-56 Robbinsville girls over E. Surry

Robbinsville JV 42-00 0ver Cherokee. Not sure if that's a final.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
This is the last reported score but does not say final

Mitchell 61
Pine lake prep 60
Final

Girls played terrible, boys played awesome, both won tho. It's been a long time since both were this deep.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
This is the last reported score but does not say final
But the brackets have Hayesville winning 105 to 60 over MIP

Reactions: sbbbfan
East surry lost at home to 2 sophomore2 juniors and 1 senior. That's all I know.

I think Murphy at Robbinsville will be the Western finals in reality.
Mitchell got by HD by 7 tonight.
Robbinsville beat HD by 33.
Murphy best them by 41.
Anything can happen by I think Robbinsville and Murphy are the front runners to represent the west.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Ok. Max preps had Hayesville 105 -60. Glad it was corrected. MA will be hosting MIC sat
Seeing several scores. Who actually won MIP or Hayesville.
But the brackets have Hayesville winning 105 to 60 over MIP
This was posted wrong on MaxPrep, MIP won this game.

I think Murphy at Robbinsville will be the Western finals in reality.
Mitchell got by HD by 7 tonight.
Robbinsville beat HD by 33.
Murphy best them by 41.
Anything can happen by I think Robbinsville and Murphy are the front runners to represent the west.
Mitchell girls will be hard to beat

Reactions: 97Cougar
Well other than MIC(66th) MH(97th) is the only team in the top 100 in nc the Mitchell played.

Well other than MIC(66th) MH(97th) is the only team in the top 100 in nc the Mitchell played.
We got same girls back from last year and ranking girls basketball is difficult. It’s the same team that pushed Murphy till the end. If we get past Bishop we will show you. Mountain heritage just beat the number 5 ranked team in 2a.

We got same girls back from last year and ranking girls basketball is difficult. It’s the same team that pushed Murphy till the end. If we get past Bishop we will show you
These are all fair points, but like you said you played your season worst game tonight against HD, I definitely thought Murphy's worst game last season was Mitchell. Murphy failed to close that game out, it should have been a much less anxiety inducing final margin. But it certainly didnt help the Murphy cause that day that their D1 girl played with a high fever and dehydration, she was a shell of herself in that game and was beyond fatigued at late in the game. I got flashbacks that day to the nearly identical game scenario the year prior when Murphy played East Surry at regionals, except Murphy lost that one on a buzzer beater, a game they should have won by 10 or more had they not went into "play not to lose" mode in the latter part of the 2nd half. Having said all that, I thought Mitchell had a really good team last year, they were a worthy regional opponent no doubt about it.

What does all that have to do with this season? Not much, and that's my point, I wouldn't count last year's results towards how things may go this year much at all. Murphy lost their point forward from that team, Addison, to college basketball and another starting guard from that team, Wilson, to transfer to Rabun Gap. I think even if Murphy were double digits better than Mitchell last year that gap has certainly closed. So I would strongly disagree with Blackcat on Robbinsville or Murphy being 20 points better than Mitchell. Whoever wins the Robbinsville/Murphy game (my money is on Robbinsville because it's a bad matchup for Murphy) will have a real fight on their hands with Mitchell in my opinion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT