ADVERTISEMENT

2AA West = Champions League

if ED would have won, as it looked like we would at the beginning of the game before our back got hurt, the 2AA east would be the champions league this year. but congrats again to Hibriten on getting it done when we didnt.

Reactions: olddog77
if ED would have won, as it looked like we would at the beginning of the game before our back got hurt, the 2AA east would be the champions league this year. but congrats again to Hibriten on getting it done when we didnt.

They would not be the champions league. ED would be the lone ranger. Although it seemed like ED was the only real eastern team in their bracket, nobody in that bracket had rings or multiple championship rings. I'll say ED and ND were both good enough to win it.

2AA West South Point, Shelby, Hibriten, all have championships. Newton Conover has had multiple appearances(bridesmaids) in title games. That's why they are the champions league.

I said it before and I will say it again...if worms carried pistols birds wouldn't mess with them.

Reactions: 96panther
Sorry your kid was injured but ED was far from the first team to score 1st and then lose.
just my opinions about my team my friend. i think our performance in the title game didnt do justice to how stacked our team really was.

They would not be the champions league. ED would be the lone ranger. Although it seemed like ED was the only real eastern team in their bracket, nobody in that bracket had rings or multiple championship rings. I'll say ED and ND were both good enough to win it.

2AA West South Point, Shelby, Hibriten, all have championships. Newton Conover has had multiple appearances(bridesmaids) in title games. That's why they are the champions league.
those past championships didnt help them this year did they?

I was highly impressed with the East Duplin team! Very athletic lots of good looking athletic kids ... nice size as well .... the defense was outstanding as well ...

Hibriten was on a mission this year you find teams like that on occasion that just finds a way to win even if supposedly “out athleted” per say.... that defense was outstanding and that linebacker Tassinari was a humongous difference maker .... #36 for East stood out on the film to me as did #15 who had one heck of a monster hit

This game and the WRH game were the most exciting that I watched .... two evenly matched clubs battling to the last second .... both fan bases should be proud of their respective schools ... they left it all on the field .... wished Shelby would have been there again but the west and east were represented by two outstanding ball clubs

those past championships didnt help them this year did they?

You seem annoyed, I said ED was good enough to win it. You got your props, you had no control over your bracket, nothing to act preturbed over. You should be thankful ED didn;t end up in the bracket of death aka Champions League.

You seem annoyed, I said ED was good enough to win it. You got your props, you had no control over your bracket, nothing to act preturbed over. You should be thankful ED didn;t end up in the bracket of death aka Champions League.
not annoyed lol. besides, we beat three western teams to get to the title game. i have no doubt we could have handled your "bracket of death".

I just wish #82 had not broken his collar bone. Chris is a great kid and deserved to play in the big game. At 6'6" and 215 lbs, he is definitely a difference maker at Defensive End. He seals the edge, runners don't get around that edge with him in the game. He is also a terrific receiver on offense, to play opposite Miles. Too bad Miles, Chris, Taz, Jonas and the two Noahs are graduating this year, but I like what we're bringing back!!!

Well, while we’re making excuses on why big plays from the opposition were made, and why the opponent may/ may not have won, I might as well add mine to it. Had Malik Sarratt not had an injured ankle that has him now sidelined in basketball, and wasn’t robbed of his mobility and athleticism, I feel the Drive for Five would have been completed, in my opinion, without a doubt. I’m sure South Point posters will argue that if they weren’t without their star D tackle, Phillip Davis, things would have been different. Bottom line, injuries happen, they are an unfortunate part of the game.

Newton Conover lost in the title game twice, but did win the 2A title in 08!

Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT