ADVERTISEMENT

2AA East Playoff Discussion - 4th Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
There are only two teams left in this division, as we are just under two
weeks til everything is decided in the championship game.

Let's
get the talk going for this game below, as we want to hear your topics,
your predictions, and any other thoughts you have on the game.

2 Northeastern (14-0) @ 1 Washington (13-1)

Washington by 5. I may get fooled, but that defense is something.

If the field isn't a factor, I look for lots of points in this one. Each team has a gifted playmaker capable of scoring from anywhere on the field. (as well as others who are ery talented) Both defenses are solid, but I think this night will belong to the offenses and special teams. Gotta pick the Eagles in a double Fireworks display!

I have to go with Washignton in a close game tonight only because of the coaching. Attending ECSU I've been to several Northeastern games this season and I'm not impressed with the coaching staff. To much fussing and blaming refs for plays that blow up and not enough coaching to fix the real issues. Offensive line is a weak point for the eagles. Any team with a strong quick nose guard will beat the center for the Eagles all night. I do have to say that the QB is a play maker. He's not easy to bring down. I don't care either way who wins, my school was eliminated last week, but since I'm making the 2+ hr ride to watch I just hope it's a good game.

Coaching, did this guy say coaching.NE has one of the best coaching staffs compiled. NE teams are very disciplined and the kids believe in what the coaches are teaching,guess that's why they have been to the regional championship game 3 out of the last 4 yrs. And the offensive line weak,too funny,their offense is avg over 40pts a game.NE 35-14

They may be a good coaching staff but by far their not the best in state out of state even area. As for the offensive line, if you're watching the game,I was right!! They are weak. NE is stuffing the run but Washington has by far put the most pressure on the qb in the backfield.

Momentum is such a killer thing. It was a defensive battle in the first half. Northeastern got on the board with a FG, then left the field wide open for a Washington TD on the ensuing kickoff. 10-7 Washington at the half. Northeastern gets the ball to open up the half, drives the field, starts running the ball, and scores. By then it is 13-10 Northeastern in the third. Eagles get a big stop and get the ball back. This is when the game changed. Northeastern has a bad snap, Washington recovers, and Northeastern's Ge'Dari Liverman gets hurt. After that it was all Washington. Northeastern turned it over five times, which is really uncharacteristic of them. Washington did not have the greatest of fields, but that should not be an excuse. I think Northeastern should have came out and tried to establish their running game instead of trying to spread it. Washington was able to get to Ge'Dari all game.Washington got most of their rushing yards running to the outside on jet sweeps. Northeastern had their chances but could not capitalize. It was a 27-17 game in the fourth, Northeastern had just gotten another big stop, but Washington's punt hit a Northeastern player and Washington recovered inside the 25 and scored on the next play. Great game by the Pam Pack and best of luck in the State Championship.

Did Liverman ever return? If not, I can see how NE couldn't overcome that loss given how much he's meant to them. I guess even half-speed wasn't going to cut it against Washington, which has played a really tough schedule. Hope the Pam Pack wins it for the East.

Washington looked like the more prepared team on defense. Northeastern looked lost

BigBird12 I was at the game Friday when Liverman got hurt everybody started pressing an panicking because they were use to blowing everybody out and when Washington didn't go no where and started really bring the wood to them that was it. Everybody panicking the coaches and the players how can you come from having a time out go back on the field and get a penalty for delay of game because of not having the right play. The only team that put pressure on Northeastern this entire season in a game they could have lost was Edenton and when they played Washington they didn't make the mistakes that Edenton made and they took advantage of Northeastern mistakes. How could you let Liverman punt deep near your 15 yards line with a bum knee and the ball barely went ten yards Washington got a short field again and that kickoff for a td what was the coaches thinking your defense was stopping them up to that point. Washington coaches did a good job preparing their players on the other hand Northeastern staff didn't on that field you are going to lose some speed at the skill positions they should pounded the ball like Washington did Liverman was in check all night couldn't get the ball out cleanly to his receiver balls hitting the ground the coaches should have seem that the passing game wasn't working you got three rb's that could run the ball.

I agree on the coaching. Washington looked more prepared and stood with their game plan. Questionable play-calling from Northeastern. Should have ran the ball more

I agree Lane. It was alomost like Northeastern had made up their mind before the game that they were going to live or die by the passing game. NE had one great drive running the ball and that was thier first drive right after the half. Washington couldn't stop them. Like you, I couldn't beleive they didn't run the ball more until Washington stopped it. I understand you need a good mixture of run and pass plays but they just seemed to commited to the passing game. Field conditions may have had a factor in that at first I guess. Players from both sides were slipping and falling all over the field.
From a neutral point of view I do have to say the best Defense on the field was NE until they wore down. Washington couldn't get anything going. They broke a few plays here and there but nothing consistantly. If it wasn't for a special teams mishap on the kickoff they wouldn't have scored in the first half. The O just left them in bad situations where they couldn't even afford to bend and eventually they just broke. As for someone who didn't have a dog in the fight, it was a good game until miidway thru the 3rd qtr give or take several minutes and it was well worth the drive. Good luck to Washington this weekend and NE has nothing to hang their heads about. Even though it didn't end like they would have liked they had a great season!!

Same thing happened last year vs SWO. Went away with the running game. It was closer (19-9) but still, I'm not sure why the sudden change. The way Northeastern made it to the State Championship in 2010 was with a solid running game and defense. I think they should go back to that next year with Ge'Dari being a senior this year.

Who's your team man? Edenton is mine but I was going with Northeastern against Washington because I will always support the conference teams but Northeastern just got beat just like Edenton lost to Clinton the coaches didn't make the necessary adjustments that need to be made during the course of the game. Both teams had the opportunity to be playing for a state championship this Saturday but the coaches from both schools didn't bring their A game and the other schools coaches did bottom line. Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT