ADVERTISEMENT

2AA/A WEST - WHO HAS THE BIG MO?

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Who are the teams with the most momentum going into the games Friday?

In other words, which teams are showing the most improvement now?

For you math majors (probably no one reading this post:(), momentum is defined as the second derivative in calculus which measures the rate of the rate of change. In simple terms it means how fast you are accelerating or how much you are beating the projected point spread by an ever increasing margin.

Teams with the Big Mo : North Lincoln and West Stokes

Teams with the Little Mo: Brevard and Reidsville

Teams Stuck in Neutral: Burns, West Lincoln, Mountain Heritage

Teams Digressing: Shelby

What does this mean for Friday night? Fan bias set aside, it probably means the only teams that might be subject to upset are Mountain Heritage ( a 7 point favorite ) and maybe North Lincoln ( a 4 point favorite ).

For West Stokes to upset Mountain Heritage the team from King will probably need a +2 turnover margin. And Mountain Heritage is playing at home which is worth about 2 or 3 points in itself.

For Burns to upset North Lincoln, the team from Lawndale will probably need a +1 turnover margin. And North Lincoln holds the home field advantage.

There is no chance West Lincoln will beat Shelby regardless of turnover margin and Brevard will need a +4 turnover margin to have a chance against Reidsville.

Of course, miracles do happen. That's why the games are played on the field and not on paper.

Plotting the teams power ratings on a graph you can project which team will most probably win future matchups by projecting the power ratings based on the accelerated ratings.

Got it?:D:D:cool::cool:o_Oo_O

Reactions: 97Cougar
I wouldn’t say Heritage is stuck in neutral they did get two starters back Friday one of which starts on both sides of the ball. Also playing at home. Those two things themselves would give teams some momentum going forward. West Stokes is definitely coming in with momentum also. Like you said if we take care of the ball and our defense limits big plays I think we can move on. Those two things will be crucial.

I would say that Burns has Big Mo (definitely not stuck in neutral).

Since losing a hard-fought game at Shelby, 26-13, on Oct. 18, they have ripped off 5 consecutive wins, scoring 49, 38, 63, 42, and 52.

They have not been to a state championship game since 1994 and they are very hungry, as is their fan base...this is an entire community behind a team...

They have maybe the most dynamic RB in the state in Kujuan Pryor - who has rushed for over 2,000 yards this season, including 229 yards and 3 TDs vs East Lincoln and 431 yards and 3 TDs vs Hibriten in two playoff games...he has 4 games this year over 225 yards rushing, and averages 10.9 yards per carry for the season....

I enjoy reading your post mule. If where we (Mountain Heritage) are currently is in neutral, then I’m happy with it. We have played the toughest non-conference schedule ever and our conference is much improved (all teams except one made the state playoff’s) compared to the past few years. 8 of the 10 teams we played made the playoff’s and 5 of the 10 made it to the 2nd round and 2 of those 5 lost to WHC conference foes in round two. With that being said, I think we are peaking at the right time. We got some injured kids back this past week and we’ve had some guys with nagging injures heal up a little more. Our bunch is battle tested and if they can limit turnovers and penalties I think they have a good shot. West Stokes is a very capable opponent so we have to be dialed in on them Friday.

So much of this just seems wrong...SMH. West Lincoln has NEVER won a playoff game, they done that round 1. NEVER hosted a playoff game, they done that round 2 and WON. No way their stuck in neutral. The WL football team has never even been in this spot before and they are on top of the world with the most momentum they have ever had in program history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT