ADVERTISEMENT

2AA/A EAST - WHO HAS THE BIG MO

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Please see the 2AA/A West thread for explanation of "momentum" in math terms.

Teams with the Big Mo: South Granville, West Craven,

Teams with the Little Mo: SW Edgecombe, Clinton, Randleman

Teams stuck in Neutral: Salisbury, Hertford County

Teams Digressing: Northeastern

Favored Teams: SW Edgecombe ( 6 points ), Randleman ( 18 points ), Clinton ( 9 points),
Hertford County ( 5 points )

Teams With Best Chance of Upset: Hertford County ( less than TD underdog playing at home. Neither team with any MO.

Your thoughts?

Lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol!!!!!!!
Clueless-digressing-tell me a team playing better than Northeastern right now in 2a. Your going to have a hard time finding one, Northeastern is playing on a level I've never seen. I'm not saying were invincible, I'm just saying our kids are playing extremely good. These are high school kids so anything can happen week to week.

Clueless-digressing-tell me a team playing better than Northeastern right now in 2a. Your going to have a hard time finding one, Northeastern is playing on a level I've never seen. I'm not saying were invincible, I'm just saying our kids are playing extremely good. These are high school kids so anything can happen week to week.

Maybe that was posted after he ready your posts about how y’all have no QB (everyone is out) Your not even going to game because of It. Read the twitter posts etc. That was you wasn’t it goob?

How do you expect him to give anymore credit to NE knowing they don’t have anyone to play QB like you said.

I ask because I think most thought you were/are kidding but you claim it’s the truth so how can we expect NE to be otw up without its 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QB?

Last edited:
Maybe that was posted after he ready your posts about how y’all have no QB (everyone is out) Your not even going to game because of It. Read the twitter posts etc. That was you wasn’t it goob?

How do you expect him to give anymore credit to NE knowing they don’t have anyone to play QB like you said.

I believe this was posted assuming we were at full strength. If I'm wrong then I owe an apology and will most definitely apologize. Our qb this wk will be just fine. My prediction comes tomorrow night.

Usually I pull for Clinton but I'm going to have to go with my friend Otis's West Craven Friday. He always comes out and supports our NE Eagles. I think you guys will have the best game in the East.

Usually I pull for Clinton but I'm going to have to go with my friend Otis's West Craven Friday. He always comes out and supports our NE Eagles. I think you guys will have the best game in the East.

Good luck to your eagles.

56-7
Well the winds are changing as I type and wait for confirmation. We all love Michael Vick and his support for our Northeastern Eagles!!!

Our future is very bright. Good program, great coaches, and very well connected. The only thing we lack is better fan support and support throughout our community. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be selling out all of our home games. I do envy schools like Edenton Holmes who have overwhelming support throughout their community. They have it going on over there in Chowan County

Goob do you think this team is better than last year’s?

Goob do you think this team is better than last year’s?
Eaglefan I don't think they are, I know they are. I had a nice long talk this weekend with our coach and told him that I felt like we were better than we were last year. Our kids are playing so good together. Last Friday night they couldn't of played any better imo. I had a big smile on my face and personally gave big shoutouts to all our players on twitter. We looked good. Something has changed, you could even notice it in the pregame warmups. Biggie, Coach Moore, Coach Comstock, they were going all out on the field with our kids. The emotion they were showing put a huge smile on my face. I knew then it was going to be a special night against a very tough swo defense.

Good luck Friday night Goob. I hope you are still laughing after the game is over.

One thing. Don't forget to wear you high top boots. SW has a long history of watering their field 24/7 the week before home games. They will do most anything to try to gain an advantage.:(:(:(:(

Good luck Friday night Goob. I hope you are still laughing after the game is over.

One thing. Don't forget to wear you high top boots. SW has a long history of watering their field 24/7 the week before home games. They will do most anything to try to gain an advantage.:(:(:(:(

Thanks Mule, our coaching staff will be prepared and our kids are ready. I spoke with a couple last night and believe me they are ready to get it on. It might just be a special night, our kids don't like being told they can't win. Regardless of where we play, regardless of who's under center, regardless of whether were considered the underdog, and regardless of Michael Vick. Our boys will not lose focus and you can take that to the bank.

Were you serious about them wetting the field down? I'm going up on Thanksgiving to check out the field conditions. I will be spending the night in Wilson and will be at the stadium first thing Friday morning keeping watch. That's a fact

Thanks Mule, our coaching staff will be prepared and our kids are ready. I spoke with a couple last night and believe me they are ready to get it on. It might just be a special night, our kids don't like being told they can't win. Regardless of where we play, regardless of who's under center, regardless of whether were considered the underdog, and regardless of Michael Vick. Our boys will not lose focus and you can take that to the bank.

Were you serious about them wetting the field down? I'm going up on Thanksgiving to check out the field conditions. I will be spending the night in Wilson and will be at the stadium first thing Friday morning keeping watch. That's a fact

Who's that other team that is known for wetting the field down. I think I heard Dogs79 talking about it. Man that's just dirty. It's a shame teams have to resort to those tactics,lol. I'm just joking before anyone thinks I actually believe this

Eaglefan I don't think they are, I know they are. I had a nice long talk this weekend with our coach and told him that I felt like we were better than we were last year. Our kids are playing so good together. Last Friday night they couldn't of played any better imo. I had a big smile on my face and personally gave big shoutouts to all our players on twitter. We looked good. Something has changed, you could even notice it in the pregame warmups. Biggie, Coach Moore, Coach Comstock, they were going all out on the field with our kids. The emotion they were showing put a huge smile on my face. I knew then it was going to be a special night against a very tough swo defense.

That’s interesting you think that...not taking anything at all from this year’s team but remember last year our team entered the state championship game with a 14-0 record. This is the first year in a while our boys have had to travel for playoffs. That being said, most of our team is pretty young so they will only get better. They have definitely started to gel more now and I hope they keep playing like they did last week....I do think the “love” they have for swo just manages to bring out the best in our boys lol.

That’s interesting you think that...not taking anything at all from this year’s team but remember last year our team entered the state championship game with a 14-0 record. This is the first year in a while our boys have had to travel for playoffs. That being said, most of our team is pretty young so they will only get better. They have definitely started to gel more now and I hope they keep playing like they did last week....I do think the “love” they have for swo just manages to bring out the best in our boys lol.

The "love" for swo does definitely factor in. Yes we were undefeated last year but we didn't play a very tough schedule. Our brutal ooc schedule early on took its toll on our kids. Heading into the Holmes game we were banged up bad and it showed in our first loss. Immediately following we had a date with Havelock the following wk which was supposed to be our bye wk. Then the following wk a good Hertford County team came into town and we were crushing them right out the gate 14-0 when our qb gets knocked out. End result was we ended up losing. Fast forward to now and our team with a new qb under center has come to fruition. Holden Hodge is Gedari Liverman 2.0. This kid has gotten better and better each week. I have never seen a player improve so much in such little time. Factor in that he had to totally change positions which obviously was hard enough on its own. Then look at Adrian Spellman,Freshwater,and Quasi Thomas,Lister, and Staten. They are playing so good it's scary. They have the opposing qbs running for their lifes, and when they hit em, they hit em hard. Add Jeron Hinton #7 who's playing out of his mind and a drastically improved #1 Jordan Jones and we've just become an extremely dangerous team. You can believe Calpreps and Massy if you chose, but don't be surprised when the Eagles roll. Like Mule said, " there's a Nor'easter coming, and you can't avoid it". Shout out to Michael Vick, can't wait!!!!

Reactions: eaglez15
My issue with using this mathematical formula is the unaccounted variables. Strength of opponent is not accounted for. I get that the “spread” should inherently account for that but we know it to be false. Even so how is SALISBURY stuck in neutral when they win a game by 20 they were predicted to lose? I would like to see those numbers

Reactions: daagoob
This is too funny! This dumb shit about watering down the field came from Reidsville damn near getting beat by us in the 3rd round in 09. They were scoring 1,000 points a game that year and escaped SWE 22-20 because we flubbed a fg as time expired, and complained that we must have wet the field. Nevermind the fact that it rained twice that week and that our field is pretty much swamp land with said swamp right behind the visitor's side. A saturated field with no noticable crown next to a swamp after rain in damn near December just isn't gonna be dry. Why would we want a slippery field when we need footing to block on offense and chase receivers on defense? Makes no sense. Besides, we don't even have sprinklers on the field, so saying that you saw that was dirty lie. But honestly, it's not even illegal. If teams can take a helicopter and use it to dry the field, why can't teams wet the field? They can. It's called home field advantage. Maybe teams should secure home field themselves and remove all doubt.

Reactions: daagoob
Well our boys at Northeastern are prepared. The local Coast Guard did water drops over part of our field just in case. I'm in Edgecombe County now so I'll be providing updates lol!!! This is to good, I thought the only team that did this was Clinton.:D:D

Well our boys at Northeastern are prepared. The local Coast Guard did water drops over part of our field just in case. I'm in Edgecombe County now so I'll be providing updates lol!!! This is to good, I thought the only team that did this was Clinton.:D:D

???? Dont think we have ever been accused of wetting the field

If it was just you, I'd just call you a tool and move on lol. But trust me, you aren't the only one that says that. It's been spread around. And since you said you're in Edgecombe County, then you know that it's raining right now. I guess our Indian rain dance paid off. Get ready for a slippery field Friday. Seriously, if the rain picks up, it will not be dry by Friday night. It just doesn't drain well.

If it was just you, I'd just call you a tool and move on lol. But trust me, you aren't the only one that says that. It's been spread around. And since you said you're in Edgecombe County, then you know that it's raining right now. I guess our Indian rain dance paid off. Get ready for a slippery field Friday. Seriously, if the rain picks up, it will not be dry by Friday night. It just doesn't drain well.

Yeah I'm up here now. Actually I was just at the school.

If you're in Pinetops, then somebody's house. There are no national restaurants. There is a place called Bone's Grill that serves good home cooked meals. And Abram's serves decent barbeque and chicken and fixin's. If you are in Tarboro, there's an Abram's there too, along with the typical chain fast food restaurants. Sunshine Girl in Tarboro is ok.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT