ADVERTISEMENT

2A Western Finals Shelby vs Mount Pleasant @ Shelby

Could someone give a breakdown of Mount Pleasant?

Good to see this game in Shelby...two Western Finals being held in Cleveland County next Friday (Shelby v/s Mount Pleasant and Crest v/s South Point).

GO LIONS!

Be the third time we've faced Mount Pleasant last time was semi-finals with us winning 17-0 back in 2007 I believe it was....

Should be a good one...they have turned it up in playoffs after almost losing to East Rutherford in first round,,

Originally posted by Golden_Lion_007:
Could someone give a breakdown of Mount Pleasant?

Good to see this game in Shelby...two Western Finals being held in Cleveland County next Friday (Shelby v/s Mount Pleasant and Crest v/s South Point).

GO LIONS!
Has a runningback in Cody Reece who has over 3,000 yards rushing on the season.

Just read a post on carolinapreps.com where some joker from Mt. Pleasant said that he saw no reason that his team couldn't put up 60 points next week.....I told him he was out of his mind....maybe he was talking basketball....lol......Run the table Shelby.........

Most points scored on Shelby was 44 by South Point...we were experimenting with our D..after that game most pts 21 by Crest....I really dont think Mt Pleasant will score over 10......come get some..........were ready

Should be a great game.Last timed we played a 4th round game at home was against Mt.Pleasent.

another reality check for a Shelby opponent, will be similar to the Reidsville game, just worse

Originally posted by mbdfan:
another reality check for a Shelby opponent, will be similar to the Reidsville game, just worse
Waaaaaay worse. Shelby will blister Mt. Pleasant's A..........

I don't care if they had a "bad game" or not against East Rutherford. Burns beat ER, and if Mt. Pleasant only beat them by 1, Shelby will destroy them. Back ups will be playing in the 3rd quarter.

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
Be the third time we've faced Mount Pleasant last time was semi-finals with us winning 17-0 back in 2007 I believe it was....

Should be a good one...they have turned it up in playoffs after almost losing to East Rutherford in first round,,

I was actually at that game in 2007 believe it or not...I remember walking back to my car after the game, and some of their fans started yelling at the group I was walking with.

next thing I know, I feel something hit my leg...I get in the truck, turns out they threw their dang snuff at me...

I thought, "Hell, this ain't even my team and I'm catching crap for it."

Anyway, Good luck Shelby, I hope you beat'em bad!! Avenge my tobacco stained pants!!!

Keep rolling to repeat!!!

Originally posted by crest91:

I was actually at that game in 2007 believe it or not...I remember walking back to my car after the game, and some of their fans started yelling at the group I was walking with.

next thing I know, I feel something hit my leg...I get in the truck, turns out they threw their dang snuff at me...

Anyway, Good luck Shelby, I hope you beat'em bad!! Avenge my tobacco stained pants!!!

Now that would have pizzed me off to no end. I know enough people in Cleveland County to get bail money.

Originally posted by crest91:

laugh.r191677.gif
That is terrible.91 you need to come over Friday and avenge yourself.

MP is a very disciplined hard nosed FB team. They remind me a lot of Charlotte Catholic in that they will rarely be the most athletic team on the field but they execute well. They are well coached. I was surprised how they handled 2 very athletic teams in Monroe and N Rowan.

Lets go Mt. Pleasant.......... Almost half of Cleveland County is pulling for you.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Lets go Mt. Pleasant.......... Almost half of Cleveland County is pulling for you.
Hey get back over to the 3A board where the big boys play.Forestview
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by SHS LION:

laugh.r191677.gif

You have 2 losses one to a team we destroyed and one to Crest. The rest of your schedule was a JOKE, including last week. Small 2a Champs, so what?

Freaking Mt. Pleasant..... Give me a break. We play the team that dropped over 40 on you, and we'll beat them again.

Little 2a...........
laugh.r191677.gif

flush.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/30 3:05 PM by crestrulz

laugh.r191677.gif

You have 2 losses one to a team we destroyed and one to Crest. The rest of your schedule was a JOKE, including last week. Small 2a Champs, so what?

Freaking Mt. Pleasant..... Give me a break. We play the team that dropped over 40 on you, and we'll beat them again.

Little 2a...........
laugh.r191677.gif

flush.r191677.gif

The little 2A team that had the greatest Crest team in history 13 to 0 in the 3rd qt.I also heard that if Willie signs to stay on for his senior year he will put in his contract he does have to play in the Shelby game.He is still looking over his shoulder.This week you play a team that lost to Forestview.Horrible just horrible,
party0002.r191677.gif
Go Chargers

Shelby is a program to be respected for sure. So was undefeated Owen. On their board last week they called us "overrated". Said it wouldn't be close (they were right) 42 to 21 and they scored the last TD with no D starters in the game. It's gonna be a good one! Can't wait for Friday!

Shelby is a program to be respected for sure. So was undefeated Owen. On their board last week they called us "overrated". Said it wouldn't be close (they were right) 42 to 21 and they scored the last TD with no D starters in the game. It's gonna be a good one! Can't wait for Friday!

According to the Shelby posters I have no idea why your overrated Tigers from MP are wasting your time missing half a school day as well as the money for this trip. Just send them a card telling them how grateful you are for them allowing you to even be talked about in the same sentence with them. When you have zero chance why bother going.

Any team playing in the Western finals has to be dang good . Mount Pleasant will be a BIG Challenge . After beating North Rowan and Owen , Mount Pleasant has my respects .
This post was edited on 11/30 8:19 PM by golden one

I will consider asking the school and coaches to just send a card LOL!!! I was there in 2007 when Crest91 got hit by the chew. I promise I didn't do it, but wouldn't put it past one of our more Redneck y types. I will apologize for that on behalf of all of MP. That was a great game in 2007. MP was undefeated going in having beaten Concord and AL Brown (Kannapolis). Our running back Sanchez (1700 yds) had gotten hurt in the previous game and just wasn't able to get it done. I am sure Shelby has some injuries also. I am looking for a good hard nosed game with two top notch defenses with offenses that can break a game open. Best defense will win this one. GO TIGERS!

Question....In 2007 our regular season record was 11-0. Shelby was 10-1. I have never understood why that game was not played in Mount Pleasant. Can someone answer that for me?

probably because Shelby's 1 loss was to a non conf. opponent and they could drop the loss for seeding purposes....Mt. Pleasant and Shelby would've both had 10-0 records as far as seeding and I guess Shelby won the draw///Maybe a Shelby poster remembers.........

Originally posted by mptiger76:
I will consider asking the school and coaches to just send a card LOL!!! I was there in 2007 when Crest91 got hit by the chew. I promise I didn't do it, but wouldn't put it past one of our more Redneck y types. I will apologize for that on behalf of all of MP. That was a great game in 2007. MP was undefeated going in having beaten Concord and AL Brown (Kannapolis). Our running back Sanchez (1700 yds) had gotten hurt in the previous game and just wasn't able to get it done. I am sure Shelby has some injuries also. I am looking for a good hard nosed game with two top notch defenses with offenses that can break a game open. Best defense will win this one. GO TIGERS!

Question....In 2007 our regular season record was 11-0. Shelby was 10-1. I have never understood why that game was not played in Mount Pleasant. Can someone answer that for me?
Shelby's loss was non-conference and it was dropped so both teams went into the playoffs at 10 and 0.Shelby won the flip.

Yeah, Mt. Pleasant's playoff wins over North Rowan and Owen are very impressive, however, I still like our chances. East Rutherford had them beat, period, no matter how they slice it. ER and their fans are probably still losing sleep over that loss. The primary thing that gives me confidence is pretty much the same reason I felt good versus Reidsville. I just can't fathom a one dimensional team beating us. MP's quarterback is barely over a 1000 yards on the season, and he's a 45% passer, which shows he's inaccurate as well. Cody Reece is a fantastic back, but he will find the going tough versus our physical and aggressive defense. He will be hit hard this game. You better believe it! We've made big stat having backs like him look ordinary in the past, average at best. My primary concern is the boys coming into this game too confident Friday and beginning the game flat. We cannot come out flat versus anyone at this stage in the playoffs.

laugh.r191677.gif

Little 2a...........
laugh.r191677.gif

flush.r191677.gif

The little 2A team that had the greatest Crest team in history 13 to 0 in the 3rd qt.I also heard that if Willie signs to stay on for his senior year he will put in his contract he does have to play in the Shelby game.He is still looking over his shoulder.This week you play a team that lost to Forestview.Horrible just horrible,
roll.r191677.gif

I know, I know, you were jsut getting started and had to work out the kinks. Who has Shelby beaten that is any good this year? Just one team will do. ACR? They didn't have three or four starters. Your offense was inept against Crest and your defense was inept against SP. Those are facts, you can however, choose to ignore them.

You have as many football players as any 3A school and can't beat any of the good ones.

6 points...................
laugh.r191677.gif

2A..................................
roll.r191677.gif

@Crestrulz... I know you're not talking. SW Randolph, West Rowan, and Forestview were a bunch of cupcakes this year. We smacked FV up in the Cleveland County jamboree. Heck, Shelby is a top ten 3A team. Can't no one tell me that we couldn't be in the Western 3A finals, as a little old 2A team, going through the path that Crest has. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program, SHS vs the Mpire.

This post was edited on 12/1 7:56 AM by Lion Attack

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
@Crestrulz... I know you're not talking. SW Randolph, West Rowan, and Forestview were a bunch of cupcakes this year. We smacked FV up in the Cleveland County jamboree. Heck, Shelby is a top ten 3A team. Can't no one tell me that we couldn't be in the Western 3A finals, as a little old 2A team, going through the path that Crest has. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program, SHS vs the Mpire.

This post was edited on 12/1 7:56 AM by Lion Attack
He knows it LA but we have to keep that Shelby vs Crest feud going year round.

I know, I know, you were jsut getting started and had to work out the kinks. Who has Shelby beaten that is any good this year? Just one team will do. ACR? They didn't have three or four starters. Your offense was inept against Crest and your defense was inept against SP. Those are facts, you can however, choose to ignore them.

You have as many football players as any 3A school and can't beat any of the good ones.

laugh.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif
Trying to figure out why you are bashing us here rulz. What's the purpose? I am really pulling for Crest to win it all (I pull for the county) but man, you are leaving a terrible taste in my mouth for the Chargers. What's the deal?

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

laugh.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif
Trying to figure out why you are bashing us here rulz. What's the purpose? I am really pulling for Crest to win it all (I pull for the county) but man, you are leaving a terrible taste in my mouth for the Chargers. What's the deal?
He's doing what he supposed to do. Just like I hope they beat South Point Friday. Nothing would be sweeter than to see them go 0 fer in State Title games for the last 10 years!
laugh.r191677.gif

Let me get this straight...So shelby has two losses (by narrow margins) and those two teams are playing for the Western 3A Finals. And that is a negative?!? If this was college football out RPI would be through the roof.

BUT! none of that matters. We have to play Mt. Pleasant on Friday, and they are obviously playing their best right now.

Something has to give in this game:

Shelby's D only gives up 100.6 yards rushing per game and only 81.9 yards passing per game. The 182.5 total yards per game given up is 114 yards less per game than last year.

Shelby has also only given up just 10 rushing and 9 passing TDs through 14 games.

Mount Pleasant averages 284.9 rushing yards per game and has 54 rushing TDs on the season.

Originally posted by bralpa:

Shelby's D only gives up 100.6 yards rushing per game and only 81.9 yards passing per game. The 182.5 total yards per game given up is 114 yards less per game than last year.

Shelby has also only given up just 10 rushing and 9 passing TDs through 14 games.

Mount Pleasant averages 284.9 rushing yards per game and has 54 rushing TDs on the season.
I'd take our defense....

I'd take our defense....
You better try and stop Reece, 3000+ yards rushing this year is awesome, and that was against some pretty good competition.

I cant wait to see shelby win the state title again and crest to get rolled by havelock

Originally posted by maybelline:

I'd take our defense....
You better try and stop Reece, 3000+ yards rushing this year is awesome, and that was against some pretty good competition.
He must be a good one and will be a load for the Lions.How did Mt.Pleasant do against the big back for Owen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT