ADVERTISEMENT

2A Predictions

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
NOTE: These predictions were made by the conference coaches last spring heading into the Fall of the 2020 season but due to Covid the season was moved to Spring 2021. There maybe some changes with players early enrolling in college. I still wanted to post these just to get some conversation going on here. Thanks for being on the site!! Me and Chris appreciate all of you!!

POST ANY THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS!!!

COASTAL 1A/2A
1. Southwest Onslow
2. Richlands
3. East Carteret
4. Pender
5. Croatan
6. Dixon
7. Trask
8. Lejeune

MOUNTAIN VALLEY 1A/2A
1. Ashe County
2. Elkin
3. Starmount
4. Wilkes Central
5. East Wilkes
6. Alleghany
7. North Wilkes
8. West Wilkes

NORTHERN CAROLINA 1A/2A
1. South Granville
2. Granville Central
3. Bunn
4. Roanoke Rapids
5. Warren County
6. Webb, J.F.
7. Louisburg

THREE RIVERS (1A/2A)
1. Whiteville
2. St. Pauls
3. East Bladen
4. South Columbus
5. Red Springs
6. Fairmont
7. West Columbus
8. West Bladen
9. East Columbus

WESTERN HIGHLANDS 1A/2A
1. Mountain Heritage
2. Owen, C.D
3. Mitchell
4. Polk County
5. Avery County
6. Madison

CENTRAL CAROLINA 2A
1. Salisbury
2. Oak Grove
3. North Davidson
4. Ledford
5. Thomasville
6. Central Davidson
7. South Rowan
8. Lexington
9. East Davidson
10. West Davidson

EAST CENTRAL 2A
1. East Duplin
2. Clinton
3. Wallace-Rose Hill
4. James Kenan
5. Goldsboro
6. Midway

EASTERN CAROLINA 2A
1. West Craven
2. Kinston
3. Washington
4. Ayden-Grifton
5. Greene Central
6. South Lenoir
7. North Lenoir

EASTERN PLAINS 2A
1. SouthWest Edgecombe
2, Nash Central
3. Beddingfield
4. North Pitt
5. North Johnston
6. Farmville Central

MID-STATE 2A
1. Reidsville
2. Bartlett Yancey
3. Cummings
4. Carrboro
5. Graham

MOUNTAIN SIX 2A
1. Pisgah
2. Brevard
3. Hendersonville
4. Smoky Mountain
5. Franklin
6. East Henderson

NORTHEASTERN COASTAL 2A
1. Northeastern
2. Hertford County
3. Currituck
4. First Flight
5. Bertie
6. Pasquotank

NORTHWESTERN FOOTHILLS 2A
1. Hibriten
2. West Iredell
3. East Burke
4. Draughn
5. Patton
6. Bunker Hill
7. Foard, F.T.
8. West Caldwell

PAC 6 2A
1. Eastern Randolph
2. Randleman
3. Providence Grove
4. HP Andrews
5. Wheatmore
6. Jordan-Matthews
7. Trinity

SOUTH FORK 2A
1. Newton-Conover
2. North Lincoln
3. Maiden
4. East Lincoln
5. Lincolnton
6. West Lincoln
7. Bandys
8. Lake Norman Charter

SOUTHWESTERN 2A
1. Shelby
2. Burns
3. South Point
4. Chase
5. Rutherfordton-Spindale Central
6. East Rutherford
7. East Gaston

WESTERN PIEDMONT 2A
1. Walkertown
2. Forbush
3. West Stokes
4. North Surry
5. North Forsyth
6. Surry Central
7. Carver
8. Atkins

MID-STATE 2A/3A
1. Eastern Alamance
2. Northern Guilford
3. Western Alamance
4. Northeast Guilford
5. Person
6. Morehead
7. Rockingham
8. McMichael

ROCKY RIVER 2A/3A
1. Anson County
2. West Stanly
3. Mount Pleasant
4. Forest Hills
5. Montgomery Central
6. Central Academy

SOUTHWESTERN 2A
1. Shelby
2. Burns
3. South Point
4. Chase
5. Rutherfordton-Spindale Central
6. East Rutherford
7. East Gaston

Yea. Shelby will go undefeated destroying everyone in their path. The race for 2nd place will be over after the first game of the season. Whoever wins between Burns and South Point will come in 2nd. The other will be 3rd.

Reactions: Crestuff
Yea. Shelby will go undefeated destroying everyone in their path. The race for 2nd place will be over after the first game of the season. Whoever wins between Burns and South Point will come in 2nd. The other will be 3rd.
Burns and South Point should’ve been near the end of the season. Instead it’s the first game and we got stuck with the last bye last year and the only reason that got changed this year is so we could play Crest.

Conference champions seeded by rankings(same as last year I believe) followed by the 2nd place teams seeded by rankings then the WC

Reactions: PBBear51
Hope its the last season SWO is in the coastal conference. SWO will roll into the final vs Richlands. Rumor out of the lands, they found their coach of the future. We shall see.

SWO returns
BIG Oline, not as large as previous years
6'5 315 will be the bulldozer up front
Fast n great vision back in Mr. White only a sophomore but will be lead back for next three years at SWO, is he that good? Or can't find any athletes. Three neighborhoods in the West have always produced the best brothers ever to come to SWO. Can Dempsey recruit them areas again
Big time QB. 6'4 Tall, athletic kid and can actually sling the rock around.
X Factor. 6'6 285 Mr. Hardison, brother of TQ Hardsion, one of the best to play SWO, at the TE and DE spot. The kid is a bigtime player. Should see offers coming in soon for this young man.

Hope we can get all the games in and Injury free. I'll drive my 2 hrs every Friday down to the west, hopefully they will let me in. If not I'll back the truck up to the fence and watch from there.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Croatan finishes second in Coastal.

Richlands has some talent. 6 or 7 boys from swo transferred to Richlands. Rumor has it they found their coach for the future. We shall see. Croatan never scared me on the football field, SWO should beat croatan 70-0 every year, no excuses

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
A toss up between these three. Wallace Rose Hill, Clinton, East Duplin to take the conference.

Reactions: UNC91
Hope its the last season SWO is in the coastal conference. SWO will roll into the final vs Richlands. Rumor out of the lands, they found their coach of the future. We shall see.

SWO returns
BIG Oline, not as large as previous years
6'5 315 will be the bulldozer up front
Fast n great vision back in Mr. White only a sophomore but will be lead back for next three years at SWO, is he that good? Or can't find any athletes. Three neighborhoods in the West have always produced the best brothers ever to come to SWO. Can Dempsey recruit them areas again
Big time QB. 6'4 Tall, athletic kid and can actually sling the rock around.
X Factor. 6'6 285 Mr. Hardison, brother of TQ Hardsion, one of the best to play SWO, at the TE and DE spot. The kid is a bigtime player. Should see offers coming in soon for this young man.

Hope we can get all the games in and Injury free. I'll drive my 2 hrs every Friday down to the west, hopefully they will let me in. If not I'll back the truck up to the fence and watch from there.

Hope to see some film of Hardison, and in person if conditions are right for a trip back this year. Is he a senior? TQ was a great kid, was around him and talked to him a lot. Excited to see White behind a good O line. NOW if we can get some receivers with hands. Although the hot dogs at the Corral were never the best I would still eat em ..... Funny how I almost never eat em except at games, somehow they taste different. I liked the food at East Carteret the best and E. Duplin had the best dogs around, I would go thru half dozen a game there.

Richland coach was at Jville for awhile. Seems to be a good coach, great offensive mind. It will take them some time though. My buddies over there said the program had a little lack of discipline with the last guy. Takes some time to build that. Good luck to all the Onslow teams in that conference. Croatan still finishes second.

Hope to see some film of Hardison, and in person if conditions are right for a trip back this year. Is he a senior? TQ was a great kid, was around him and talked to him a lot. Excited to see White behind a good O line. NOW if we can get some receivers with hands. Although the hot dogs at the Corral were never the best I would still eat em ..... Funny how I almost never eat em except at games, somehow they taste different. I liked the food at East Carteret the best and E. Duplin had the best dogs around, I would go thru half dozen a game there.

Hes a JR brother.

East Carteret had some great food

Hot dogs definitely taste different at the game for some reason

Richland coach was at Jville for awhile. Seems to be a good coach, great offensive mind. It will take them some time though. My buddies over there said the program had a little lack of discipline with the last guy. Takes some time to build that. Good luck to all the Onslow teams in that conference. Croatan still finishes second.

Ha Richlands never had discipline going back to the 90s. I hope he can get that ship going, always had athletes.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Burns should be loaded with all those really good middle school teams now playing varsity football.

I think the talent is there for the next 4 years (at least) to be very successful. But I think we are still 1 year away from most of those players being main guys on varsity. They're mostly sophomores and freshmen right now. We have a few that will be main guys this year, but it will be their team starting next year for sure.

Clinton out of the East. Not sold on leadership in Elizabeth City.

One can hope but when you play in same conference as you guys and ED, anything can happen. Especially in this shortened, winter season of ours.

how many of your guys (if any) transferred to Harrells? Seems like I had heard maybe 1-2.

Of course SWO is probably a lock out of the Coastal 8 (seven now with Lejeune out for the spring) Hopefully we can get a decent non-conference game to have a little test before playoffs.

I expect Clinton, ED and WRH to battle it out for top spot in their conference. I would not rule out NE being a factor in the East.

By the way how many playoff spots are up for grabs in the ECC ?

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton out of the East. Not sold on leadership in Elizabeth City.

Who's clinton got coming back? Haven't heard much from Northeasterns camp. Their hype man is in hiding for over a year now........

Of course SWO is probably a lock out of the Coastal 8 (seven now with Lejeune out for the spring) Hopefully we can get a decent non-conference game to have a little test before playoffs.

I expect Clinton, ED and WRH to battle it out for top spot in their conference. I would not rule out NE being a factor in the East.

By the way how many playoff spots are up for grabs in the ECC ?

Spring Creek is gonna play in conference this year to help get two teams out of ECC. Thanks to the gators.

One can hope but when you play in same conference as you guys and ED, anything can happen. Especially in this shortened, winter season of ours.

how many of your guys (if any) transferred to Harrells? Seems like I had heard maybe 1-2.
2. Linebacker and running back

Who's clinton got coming back? Haven't heard much from Northeasterns camp. Their hype man is in hiding for over a year now........

2 QB’s (we rotated Qb’s last year), 2 WR (slot, boundary), 1 RB that I know of for sure, a good size Oline. A starting LB.

There isn’t much more I know. It’s not been a typical preseason. I’ll find out just like everyone else next Friday @ Anson County.

Unless some guys transfered Northeastern returns alot the QB,RB,big FB/DT, and Freshwater. Its only right they are preseason favorites to come out the East

We shall see. They start with havelock 1st game of the season. Freshwater enrolled at Ecu with his brother. QB was a senior. Lost tons of their team. Not sure what your getting your stats at? Maybe they had some transfers come in, if not they wont be in the running.

Reactions: dogs79
Spring Creek is gonna play in conference this year to help get two teams out of ECC. Thanks to the gators.
Not entirely true. The NCHSAA agreed to give the ECC 2 auto spots but there is a catch. SC currently does not have an ECC game scheduled. The other six teams in the conference will be divided into 2 three team pods. The top two finishers in each pod will play each other in a tournament the last two weeks of the regular season. Winner of both games is declared conference champ, runner up gets the other auto bid.

I think SC will then play the two teams that finish third in each pod the last two weeks of the season. So, in theory, SC will only play two conference games and will not have to play the four historically stronger teams.

I think thats right....lol.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Burns Beats shelby this year.....coach Devine knows how to develop talent and we beat crust again. :)
As much as I wish you were correct, I just don't see this happening. I don't believe our offense will be as good as last year and Shelby's defense, even without Hollifield, will be just as good, if not better. It will be very difficult to score.

We shall see. They start with havelock 1st game of the season. Freshwater enrolled at Ecu with his brother. QB was a senior. Lost tons of their team. Not sure what your getting your stats at? Maybe they had some transfers come in, if not they wont be in the running.
Freshwater was a sophomore last season Proctor was a junior according to the roster i have from the Eastern Championship. Big FB and DT Thomas also returns RB Riddick who had a long TD run against us......now unless that roster is incorrect they return some guys that giave us alot of issues

As much as I wish you were correct, I just don't see this happening. I don't believe our offense will be as good as last year and Shelby's defense, even without Hollifield, will be just as good, if not better. It will be very difficult to score.
Honest assessment that is hard to disagree with BBB....Sad thing is no matter what happens we may not be able to see it. Early reports are the live streams are having issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT