ADVERTISEMENT

1A & 2A NW Boys & Girls State Championship (Scores 3/11/17)

No I was at home getting all the scores. Had the Mount Airy Murphy game coming 2 and sometimes 3 sourses as I did most of the games tonight.

As someone posted, The town will be empty Saturday night with 4 schools in the playoffs. May not be as many winning after Saturday though .:(

Crowds were about equal. Murphy probably had 100 fans. Part of MA fans were in Avery for the boys game

The WS Journal article about the WS Prep-Lincoln Charter game has a lot of quotes that make it seem like there is no love lost between the two of them. Did it get chippy or something?

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...cle_5dcdfe85-dd2d-525f-9c2a-d5b665f78264.html

I didn't gather that. I think you see a rivalry developing but Coach Gould from prep I think analyzed it well. You had Lincoln charter wanting this game after losing a tight game last year and prep who maybe had some complacently and anytime you have that against a very good team it spells trouble. Lincoln charter played a great game and earned it and now you have prep that will be on the hunt next year.

For me the interesting item to watch is will Lincoln charter come out focused and ready to battle a good MA team after a big win over Prep.

I guess the last quote saying "they're still a long way off" (in terms of program status) is what I took as being a little salty about things.

I guess the last quote saying "they're still a long way off" (in terms of program status) is what I took as being a little salty about things.

In regards to state championships that's a true statement. Definitely one of a rivalry. Both teams will be back next year. I was surprised Lincoln Charter got them by 10 and seemed to control the entire game.

In regards to state championships that's a true statement. Definitely one of a rivalry. Both teams will be back next year. I was surprised Lincoln Charter got them by 10 and seemed to control the entire game.

It is a true statement, but as my grandpa used to say, "Always tell the truth, but don't always be telling it." Saying, in essence, they may have won but we're still a better program just struck me as a comment that would be made if there was some animosity between teams, that's all.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
unless there's a great recruiting class coming in, I don't see Prep like days gone by.....

Lincoln charter will beat down mt airy. Im rooting for mt airy just being realistic, advantaged schools win 95% of time.

Lincoln charter will beat down mt airy. Im rooting for mt airy just being realistic, advantaged schools win 95% of time.
I haven't seem LCS, but have seen MA several times, they will get after it. Not looking for a beat down.

I haven't seem LCS, but have seen MA several times, they will get after it. Not looking for a beat down.

MA will fight them but I think Lincoln charter will be too much for them. I don't see a beat down at all MA can shoot the ball well enough to hang around. I would think it will be similar to what we seen between prep and And Lincoln charter.

I have to work till 3PM Sat. but may find a way to get time to post the North Surry Boys & Girls scores.It is our slow season. I will be home in time for the Mount Airy Boys & Girls score. I wish the best of luck to all 4 Boys & Girls teams from Mount Airy ! I will say these advantaged schools should be in a playoff to their selves. So unfair ! ! !

Attention all Surry County schools go to these game and support you local Mount Airy Surry County schools. All 4 schools from Mount Airy...Game times below. Help your County schools move on.These two schools are only 5 miles apart and hang out together. and go to the same Churches
Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Wake Forest University

12:00 Noon – 2A Men

#5 North Surry (26-4) vs #4 Forest Hills (26-4)

2:00 PM – 2A Women

#7 North Surry (25-5) vs #4 East Burke (27-3)

4:00 PM – 1A Women

#6 Avery County (24-7) vs #3 Mount Airy (28-2)

6:00 PM – 1A Men

#11 Mount Airy (25-6) vs #3 Lincoln Charter (28-4)

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Boys
26f9.png
Coming Up

North Surry (0) Forester Hills (0)
12:00 Noon – 2A Men

#5 North Surry (26-4) vs #4 Forest Hills (26-4)

2:00 PM – 2A Women

#7 North Surry (25-5) vs #4 East Burke (27-3)

4:00 PM – 1A Women

#6 Avery County (24-7) vs #3 Mount Airy (28-2)

6:00 PM – 1A Men

#11 Mount Airy (25-6) vs #3 Lincoln Charter (28-4)

Congrulations to the North Surry Boys on their Western Reginal Champions
North Surry Girls up next followed by Mount Airy Girls then Mount Airy Boys.
Go Surry County ! !

Last edited:
2-A Reginal Champs
Boys
26f9.png
North Surry (83) Forester Hills (73) Final
Girls
26f9-fe0f-200d-2640-fe0f.png
North Surry(53) East Blake (32) Final

Last edited:
Mount Airy Girls up next @ 4PM then Mount Airy Boys @ 6PM.
Go Mount Airy,Surry County ! !

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT