ADVERTISEMENT

2A East Girls Bracketology 2024Updated February 5th 2024 2:37pm

My bad...corrected
One more thing, and I apologize if I'm wrong, but I think a split conference team has to have over a .500 overall record to be seeded with the #1's. So, if that is the case, Whiteville would qualify, but as a 32 seed. Louisburg is going to be close, depending on their last two games and conf. tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hon Dines
4.1.18 Seeding(a) The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another.(b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows:(1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to beseeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

As of today Whiteville is in third place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
4.1.18 Seeding(a) The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another.(b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows:(1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to beseeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

As of today Whiteville is in third place.
Thank you for the clarification! So I guess it is Louisburg who is more on the 1 seed/at large bubble than Whiteville currently?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT