ADVERTISEMENT

2A East Discussion Board - 2nd Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
8 Farmville Central (10-2) @ 1 East Bladen (10-2)
13 Warren County (7-5) @ 5 SW Onslow (11-1)
6 Holmes (10-2) @ 3 Ayden-Grifton (8-4)
7 Clinton (10-1) @ 2 Eastern Randolph (9-3)

You folks are going to be surprised by Eastern Randolph...They are Tough at Home and Clinton will be in for the fight of their Lives...Mark It Down........

Three hard fought games and Southwest Onslow rolls. I think Clinton will emerge as the East rep but it won't be easy.

Originally posted by maddox#1:

You folks are going to be surprised by Eastern Randolph...They are Tough at Home and Clinton will be in for the fight of their Lives...Mark It Down........
Thats what most are expecting and the team is preparing to do so not overlooking anyone

Randolph was a good team last year, but overall and once again SPEED KILLS! Football conditioning and weight training have made SWO, Clinton and a few other east 2a teams very hard to beat. Yes I am sure they train, but not year around like the top programs.

Clinton 42-14.

That would be my biggest fear if i were clinton. overall speed wise its not close. if they force er to pass and contain the qb the darkhorses will move on.

It's not that bad of a ride, I make the trip to Ramseur quite often from Elizabethtown. The new bypass around Sanford has cut off a good 10 minutes. Probably around a 2 hour and 15 minute ride, if that. Hope you all come back with the W, safe travels!

Talk about an expensive playoff run last year...to avoid a slow start due to the long ride SWO chartered 2 buses for the 3 hr plus trip to Northeastern..even on a nice charter with TV's and plush seating..you could tell the ride made a difference in the routine for the players...then had to rebook 2 again for the title game..that's a hit to the budget...I think Clinton will be fine CHS 38 ER 12
...ER last year made the long trip to SWO and jumped on SWO quickly to take a early lead(in the first half it looked like SWO was the team that rode the buses)..classy and hard playing group last year @ ER ..The coach is a good guy spending time talking to some SWO fans pregame

...This post was edited on 11/18 4:42 PM by 2for3

This post was edited on 11/18 4:49 PM by 2for3

even so it will be our longest trip so far this season wondering how we will respond im confident in my school Lewis will have the boys well prepared like Maddox said Clinton will be in for a fight...but make no mistake Eastern Randolph better be ready too cause this Clinton team is really starting to click especially on the defensive side of the ball

it's suppose to get tighter & tighter also gut wrenching, at this point there 7 of the top 8 seeds still remaining #4 SC is only one that didn't make the cut. Going to be guantlet the rest of the way. May the best team survive.

eb over fc in a dog fight...
holmes eliminates ag
clinton over er....close in the first half but the darkhorses pull away in the second
SWO over wc the score in this one 35/7 homefeild advantage is worth a touchdown....LETS GO STALLIONS!!!! I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!GO HARD or GO HOME!!!!

Gentleman I have been reading this board all season. Now we are in the playoffs second round. I do take issue with the fact that everyone had discounted AG. Not one has made mention of them. Well here is a little note. First last year we were in the playoffs and we entered as the number 4 seed with a 5-6 record. And all we heard was we were in a weak conference and that week after week no way we were going to win. Well this year we entered with 7-4 record and number 3 seed. And all were saying oh Bertie is going to beat us they are in much better conference. Well don't worry we like being the underdog. I suspect that again everyone is looking at Edenton and saying gees they barely lost to North Eastern. Well I will say it. We beat Edenton last year second round and guess what we are going to beat them again. I suggest though before you start casting stones you look at records. And what some of you don't realize is that we use our non conference schedule to work out the kinks. Of course we want to win. But we make adjustments. Bring on the ACES we are ready. We are ready to Welcome the Aces back to Ayden... Just a reminder though... This is where you lost last year and you thought that you were going to win......

Other winners..

Farmville Central will win over East Bladen
SWO will win over Warrenton- I don't know how they do it but they have had the easiest road to the third round. I think this bites them next week.... There days are numbered.
AG- If I did not make my point clear enough we win this game. I do think it will be tight but we win.
Clinton- I really know nothing about this team. But from reading. I will say Clinton but it is purely off what I have read. No one knows much about there conference. But the Farmville game will tell the tale against East Bladen. If Farmville hits them hard like I think they will then we will know the story of Clinton. Personally I hope Clinton wins then we get another home game.

Wins85 what was the Edenton vs Ayden - Grifton score this is not the same Edenton team as last year you never know which of the three rb's of Pierce,Dixon,and Beasley is going to rush for 200yds plus they can pass if they want to right Wins85? I hope people continue to doubt and don't give the Aces their just do right up to the eastern and state championship game. By the way they can win on the road also.

Mark what down?????????????

it was marked down Maddox but i dont think the message ever made it to the Clinton football players

A loss is a loss. Edenton won no excuses. I will give them this they put there whole team in the box and then just came after us. Very gutsy game plan and it worked. I wish Edenton much success. And your right the backs were impressive. Good luck to Edenton. AG had great year and we will come back next year stronger. We hope to see you guys again next year.

To the next games I thing Farmville Central and Holmes will be the regional showdown. I feel pretty comfortable saying that Farmville has to much for SW Onslow and I just get tired of hearing them brag. I do believe Holmes may have to much for the Dark Horses and I think it will be a great game.

Wins85 why don't you and your friends come check out the game against Clinton in Edenton Friday. The backs all three are good but Pierce was the only one at 100pct Beasley and Dixon but gave about 80pct of what they normally give but it was enough since they were keying on Dixon. Do you know that Beasley favorite sport is track he run a 4.3 forty and last year at one of the combine at Havelock he came in first in all the events the rb's was participating in even Havelock all everything back I think is name is Scott and he went to Tennessee I think except one the standing broad jump that the only event he lost to Scott the D1 prospect. If Beasley would focus strictly on football he could be exceptional he's also one of the strongest guys on the team they have a good weight fitness program at Edenton the both coach Mattera and coach Collins brought to the team. They might not be the biggest teams in the playoff but they are strong and in tremendously condition and shape that's why they continue to play so well in the second half they have played this way all season in the second half they believe in themselves and won't quit.

Sounds like Edenton and Clinton may be mirror images of each other offensively. I don't know about the Edenton defense. They have given up twice as many points as the DarkHorses as the DarkHorse defense is extremely talented. I think the further a team goes toward a championship defense usually takes over as the separation factor, at least that's been the experience in all the DarkHorse championship runs.

This post was edited on 11/22 10:55 AM by Wizard of the East

Wizard of The East forget about the regular season this is a new season and the Aces secondary has gotten a lot better which gave up most of the points during the regular season they are a lot better because coach Collins and the defensive coach Downing made some adjustment so we will see on the 28th which defense is better.

Wins85 picks FC and Edenton.....that means SWO and Clinton will win ha ha

Lane67, let me assure you I, but more importantly our team and our multi-championship experienced coaching staff know exactly what part of the season this is. Sooner or later you have to "ride the horse that brung you." I'll leave it as that. See Ya Friday!

Wizard of The East i'm sure your coaches does but this is a different season,team,and the Aces coach also know about winning championships he won championship in Michigan before he located to NC and how to readjust is game plan when need be in the course of the game. He know how to coach football and get the players to respond to his instructions. May the best team win and no matter which way it turn out the kids should still show the other team respect.

Lane67, those qualities are all basics of coaching . Our Coach has coached 6 state championship teams and has mastered all that. He. Has maintained a core group of assistant coaches some having been with him over the past 20 years . Win or lose I can assure you of one thing they will play and act like champions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT