ADVERTISEMENT

2A 2A Conference Predictions

Is it b'ball season yet? I am really Jones'in for some basketball.....

The PAC-6 could be really interesting this year. On paper, the favorites should be Providence Grove and Andrews. However, PG is still fairly young across the board and you never know which Andrews team will show up on a nightly basis.

I'm also keeping an eye on Randleman. I liked what I saw out of them over the summer. They don't have any mega-athletes but they've got some shooters and they play really well as a team.

It'll also be interesting to see what Dimes04 can do with Wheatmore. Wheatmore returns, arguably, the best big guy in the conference.

Chute,

No love for returning conference champs?

I'd love to have more love for the old alma mater. They do return some pretty good players (Parsons, Herbert, Cockman) However, I don't think they'll be able to replace what Cheek and Watt brought to the table. Especially Watt. That guy did all the dirty work.

I hope I'm wrong though. I really do.

Don't forget about Silas Headen. He was kind of unsung as the point guard. Cole will be missed and you are right Jordan did the dirty work. Not sure how coach will use the ones coming up from jv. Should be able to run with anybody but could get hurt on the boards.

Don't forget about Silas Headen. He was kind of unsung as the point guard. Cole will be missed and you are right Jordan did the dirty work. Not sure how coach will use the ones coming up from jv. Should be able to run with anybody but could get hurt on the boards.

I don't know how in the world I forgot about Headen. You're right, he was a very unsung guy. I think he slipped my mind because he and Herbert were virtually the same player.

I don't know much about the Rocky River conference.........but I'm going to make a prediction. West Stanly's Adafe Price will be POY. I saw Price at the Phenom Hoop 150 today and he was a man amongst boys. He's a versatile 6-7 with a motor that doesn't quit. He'll be one of the best players in 2A.

As for the conference itself, I don't know who's coming out on top. Forest Hills lost three main guys (but return quite a bit), Monroe and Parkwood look like they'll return a lot, West Stanly will have a nice frontcourt but not sure at all about backcourt.

This is Thomasvilles best year to make something happen. Good group of seniors and juniors that should mesh well. Jahare Taylor-Thomas, #31, can flat out play!
Thomasville will b
This is Thomasvilles best year to make something happen. Good group of seniors and juniors that should mesh well. Jahare Taylor-Thomas, #31, can flat out play!
Thomasville will be very good. I think that Lexington has the best player in the conference with Jordan.

Upon further review, I'm not as confident in Providence Grove as I once was. I saw over the weekend that one of their best players is now at The Burlington School. Big loss for them.

Upon further review, I'm not as confident in Providence Grove as I once was. I saw over the weekend that one of their best players is now at The Burlington School. Big loss for them.
Chute which one? The point guard who carries every time he dribbles? Seriously I know all of them so am curious.

Reidsville should be the favorites to win the midstate 2A conference now that Cummings is depleted...young team coming off a playoff win over Lexington last year on the road

Reidsville should be the favorites to win the midstate 2A conference now that Cummings is depleted...young team coming off a playoff win over Lexington last year on the road

I need to go see the Rams, haven't seen them in a couple of years. I still think of that 2010 team every now and then. That was one whale of a squad.

Reactions: ramking2012
I don't know much about the Rocky River conference.........but I'm going to make a prediction. West Stanly's Adafe Price will be POY. I saw Price at the Phenom Hoop 150 today and he was a man amongst boys. He's a versatile 6-7 with a motor that doesn't quit. He'll be one of the best players in 2A.

As for the conference itself, I don't know who's coming out on top. Forest Hills lost three main guys (but return quite a bit), Monroe and Parkwood look like they'll return a lot, West Stanly will have a nice frontcourt but not sure at all about backcourt.

Think I might actually make the trip to West Montgomery tonight to watch Price. I think he'll be worth the drive. I just hope I won't have to use "The Stick".......

Last edited:

I'll get my first look at PG either Tuesday or Wednesday. Should be interesting. Can't wait.

Think I might actually make the trip to West Montgomery tonight to watch Price. I think he'll be worth the drive. I just hope I won't have to use "The Stick".......

Yep, definitely worth the hike. Price put on a show. He had around five dunks and one amazing coast-to-coast drive. He's going to be a serious problem for most teams.

I've got to give West Montgomery props though. Considering they only dressed out/played six players, they put up one heck of a fight. When the football guys come in, WM's going to be rather interesting.

Absolutely.

Caught PG last night over at North Moore. PG won by around 20 (they were up by around 30 at the end of the third quarter. The bench came in and gave up around 10/12 points in a four-minute span). Anyhow.......

The story of the game was Daylin Locklear. It was his world and everyone else was just living in it. He dismantled North Moore with his on/off ball defense. He had to have around five steals under NM's basket off the inbounds. I would love to know how many combined assists/steals Locklear had. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was around twenty.

As for the rest of PG, well, a few things look the same.....a few things look different. The main difference is there's no Lonnie Clapp or Jordan Hodges (or Fox). They still have their shooters in Connor Smith and Micah Griffith. They still have Evan Taylor and Brandon Carter bangin' on the inside (Taylor had a fairly nice game. He drew at least three charges). They have a couple of other guys in the main rotation that are decent.

I think PG will have a successful year. I also think they'll make state playoffs. I think they can contend for the conference title but it won't be a given by any means. One thing is 100% truth though: They can ill-afford to lose Locklear. He is the "Black Lion" of PG.

Last edited:
Thanks Chute. That is a great report.

Jordan still recovering from his injury I assume and Lonnie in Florida. Coached against most of them all the way through rec so I was curious at how they would be this year.

ER has N Moore Thursday I think so we will see how they do.

I'll take Farmville Central MR. Tyler Maye to repeat as 2A champs this year. Tyler put up 40 pts. his first game this year and followed it up with 32 against ayden-grifton!

I forgot about dimes04 sorry a$$ coaching wheatmore now. He ran his mouth all over these boards for years. I guess he grew up now that he's a head coach. Goober.

Thanks Chute. That is a great report.

Jordan still recovering from his injury I assume and Lonnie in Florida. Coached against most of them all the way through rec so I was curious at how they would be this year.

ER has N Moore Thursday I think so we will see how they do.

Looks like ER didn't have too much trouble.

I'm glad to see that Jordan and Lonnie are indeed playing. That's good for PG.

ER had a tough time finding rhythm in 1st half. Took lead in 2nd quarter. Coach played all 15 players. Stretched it out in 2nd half again ended up playing all 15. Looks like from 1st game they will be a decent running/defensive team but may have their hands full on boards. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Cool that all 15 got to play. I'm not surprised ER had some trouble on the boards. N Moore had some big boys (including one kid that looked like he'd never spent a day outside the weight room. )

Speaking of North Moore......did you find it strange that they had a metal detector? Of all the places I go, I figured North Moore would be the last place I would ever have to go through a detector. I also didn't expect two nice close-captioned TV's right outside the gym either. I figured NM's gym would look more along the lines of West Montgomery. It was surprisingly really nice (and cold).

Cool that all 15 got to play. I'm not surprised ER had some trouble on the boards. N Moore had some big boys (including one kid that looked like he'd never spent a day outside the weight room. )

Speaking of North Moore......did you find it strange that they had a metal detector? Of all the places I go, I figured North Moore would be the last place I would ever have to go through a detector. I also didn't expect two nice close-captioned TV's right outside the gym either. I figured NM's gym would look more along the lines of West Montgomery. It was surprisingly really nice (and cold).
Metal detector was a little bit surprising. Fortunately for some reason left my Case XX at home. Just forgot it. Talked to guys manning detector after game while waiting on boy to get dressed. Said they have them at all major sports in Moore. Told me they were not deputies but their own force paid by state to man them at the schools.
And Moore county as country as I am. Heck I have had coaches ask me for my knife more than once in Randolph to help fix everything from unis to equipment and not just at ER.

ER goes to Chatham Central Monday. Hope they keep improving.

Metal detector was a little bit surprising. Fortunately for some reason left my Case XX at home. Just forgot it. Talked to guys manning detector after game while waiting on boy to get dressed. Said they have them at all major sports in Moore. Told me they were not deputies but their own force paid by state to man them at the schools.
And Moore county as country as I am. Heck I have had coaches ask me for my knife more than once in Randolph to help fix everything from unis to equipment and not just at ER.

ER goes to Chatham Central Monday. Hope they keep improving.

The people at North Moore are great. Very nice basketball facilities as well. Anybody know the results of
The ER and thomasville guys and girls were?

Apparently that game disappeared from schedule. Maxpreps had it on their page but after N Moore I asked if ER was playing Tville Friday and was told no off til Monday and Chatham Central. I think the schedule on the school's web site is more accurate. Football playoffs caused some changes as 13 out of 15 boys played on that team.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Apparently that game disappeared from schedule. Maxpreps had it on their page but after N Moore I asked if ER was playing Tville Friday and was told no off til Monday and Chatham Central. I think the schedule on the school's web site is more accurate. Football playoffs caused some changes as 13 out of 15 boys played on that team.
Ahhh ok that makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT