ADVERTISEMENT

2A 2A Boys Playoff Predictions

1way2play

Dec 4, 2005
Here are second predictions of playoffs for the 19-20 season. These are done with with regular maxpreps ratings, so there could be a few changes.

Still a lot of change can occur as several teams are battling for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in their conferences.

First is all 64 teams regardless of location. Several teams that normally play in the west will be making the trip east as there are not enough eastern teams who qualify.

2nd is East division subdivided and first round games.

3rd is West division subdivided and first round games.

I will update these on Wednesday after new maxpreps ratings come out. Let me know if you have any information on any of these teams that can help. Several games from Friday are missing scores.

Last edited:
Forest Hills game from Friday against Central Academy was rescheduled for Tuesday night due to the schools being closed. A lot of flooding and severe wind damage throughout the area.

Forest Hills is a great team... I think they play better team ball this year. I think last year's team didn't have that spunk.. This team is less talented. But they play harder and they are well-coached.. I hope Mountain Heritage just doesn't take them lightly..

Reidsville is very talented. Pass and Edwards are very good. If they stay a six seed, they can hurt some team plans for deep runs.

Can someone explain how mountain heritage is higher then west Caldwell
I would say that it is because Mountain Heritage's non-conference schedule is a little tougher.
Pisgah, East Burke, AC Reynolds, and Newton-Conover will all probably be playoff teams and Science Hill is one of the top teams in Tennessee. In my opinion, West Caldwell's conference is better overall than Mountain Heritage's though. If you look at the rating it is only a .8 difference right now and their strength of schedule's is only off by .1

Nobody in the West will beat Mountain Heritage! Guards are big and quick. Everyone shoots ball well, I’d be surprised if they lose!

Should Madison boys be seeded with the #2 seeds from each conference, since they are 2nd overall in a split conference behind mountain heritage?

Should Madison boys be seeded with the #2 seeds from each conference, since they are 2nd overall in a split conference behind mountain heritage?
Western Highlands has 3 2A's and 3 1A's. You have to have 5 or more teams in a classification to get two automatic bids. That is why Madison is with the At-Large teams.

Western Highlands has 3 2A's and 3 1A's. You have to have 5 or more teams in a classification to get two automatic bids. That is why Madison is with the At-Large teams.

Is #2 below an outdated rule:

1) The highest finishing team from a given classification will automatically qualify, regardless of the overall conference finish.

(2) Two teams that finish 1st and 2nd overall in the conference from the same classification will automatically qualify regardless of rule 4.1.18(a)(1-3).

NOTE: Ties for 1st place in the overall conference or for the highest finisher in a classification must be broken using the established tie-breaking procedure [rule 4.1.13].

Is #2 below an outdated rule:

1) The highest finishing team from a given classification will automatically qualify, regardless of the overall conference finish.

(2) Two teams that finish 1st and 2nd overall in the conference from the same classification will automatically qualify regardless of rule 4.1.18(a)(1-3).

NOTE: Ties for 1st place in the overall conference or for the highest finisher in a classification must be broken using the established tie-breaking procedure [rule 4.1.13].
I just saw this as I was going through my notes. You are exactly correct. Two teams that finish 1-2 in same classification in split-conference automatically make playoffs and are seeded as 1 and 2 regardless of rule 4.1.18(a)(1-3)

Also... Why they got Anson Going East when Forest Hills, Mt. Pleasant and West Stanly going West... I thought they keep top 2 seeds in their respective sides or do they draw a line..

Also... Why they got Anson Going East when Forest Hills, Mt. Pleasant and West Stanly going West... I thought they keep top 2 seeds in their respective sides or do they draw a line..
Everything is based on the schools longitude. There are not enough teams on the east side that have qualified, therefore some traditional west teams have to cross over.
You can look at longitudes here:
http://simmonsratings.com/longitude.htm

South Granville is very good the east side going to be rough believe whoever comes out East will win it all.

After seeing Farmville Central last year the east will definitely be tough to beat. As for going east or west in the playoffs it's up for grabs being here in Union or Anson County. One year you could be east the next the west. My Forest Hills team went east in football in the mid 2000's after numerous years of always being in the west. I've seen the same with Anson. I've also seen teams in our conference going opposite direction in the playoffs. Usually just in football due to the 2A/2AA classification system.

West Caldwell fell tonight to East Burke now they have to win Friday to win a share of the conference championship or they have the potential to be the 3 seed out of the conference

West Caldwell fell tonight to East Burke now they have to win Friday to win a share of the conference championship or they have the potential to be the 3 seed out of the conference
If they win Friday they would own the tiebreaker over Hibriten having beaten them twice in conference

Reactions: icardcav3
Mountain Heritage will win the West. Forest Hills conference is weaker than it normally is this year. Only tough non conference game they played was to Trinity-Byrnes who they only beat single digits. I saw Lincoln Charter destroy Trinity-Byrnes by 30 plus in a Showcase Tournament this year and I saw Mountain Heritage play Lincoln Charter tight this summer. Only comparison I can come up with. Not saying FH is not good because they are but Mountain Heritage has every piece to the puzzle and a deep bench as well. The big boy for MH will be the difference as not many teams have someone that can control him. And their guards are big, lanky, athletic and very smart. Good team. But my choice is Mountain Heritage in 2A. Could be wrong and maybe I am but that is my take. Best of luck to all teams as playoffs are right around the corner.

Mountain Heritage will win the West. Forest Hills conference is weaker than it normally is this year. Only tough non conference game they played was to Trinity-Byrnes who they only beat single digits. I saw Lincoln Charter destroy Trinity-Byrnes by 30 plus in a Showcase Tournament this year and I saw Mountain Heritage play Lincoln Charter tight this summer. Only comparison I can come up with. Not saying FH is not good because they are but Mountain Heritage has every piece to the puzzle and a deep bench as well. The big boy for MH will be the difference as not many teams have someone that can control him. And their guards are big, lanky, athletic and very smart. Good team. But my choice is Mountain Heritage in 2A. Could be wrong and maybe I am but that is my take. Best of luck to all teams as playoffs are right around the corner.

To be fair, I don't think Mountain Heritage plays the toughest schedule in the world either.

Reactions: Dadof23
Reidsville finished the regular season tonite (2-13-20) with a 65-58 win over Bartlett-Yancey....Rams finished reg. season with a 21-2 record...have won 17 straight....................

Reactions: Ramkiller2016
I think these Maxpreps ratings are booty, it's not like they have seen any of these teams play a game so how in the world can the NCHSAA let an outside source determine the playoff seedings of a sport? Is it to get themselves out of it? Kinda like passing the buck

Reactions: Dadof23 and rambbq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT