ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Western Highlands Preview/Prediction

Rocket. Why do you care so much about what is going on over here. Just stop it already

I bet he didn’t even go to ACR and he used to live and have his kids over here. He took his kids over there and now can’t butt out of the Warhorses. I guess ole Laws sucks too because his best returning wide receiver transferred to Asheville

For the sake of the program, I hope you are right. I keep hearing the youth league is trying to take the JV players away from the high school and there may not even be a JV team…and 3 Varsity kids quit this week? I would not be surprised if Owen does not have a varsity team next year. If that happens, history will repeat itself with the same coach. That will not be good.
Why would youth league be recruiting jv players

Reactions: BK13T-$
7,8,9 is jv now but if I were doing it I would just use 8 and 9 for JV. If you don’t have enough then don’t have one and let them play youth so they don’t hate football. 7th graders aren’t ready for jv in my opinion

Reactions: Mhsneer
Rocket. Why do you care so much about what is going on over here. Just stop it alrI have family and friends out there.
Rocket. Why do you care so much about what is going on over here. Just stop it already
7,8,9 is jv now but if I were doing it I would just use 8 and 9 for JV. If you don’t have enough then don’t have one and let them play youth so they don’t hate football. 7th graders aren’t ready for jv in my opinion
Because it is the truth and you know it. I have family and friends out there. I never want to any program to fade but the future is not bright in the valley. Russell will not do better than the previous Coach or even stay that long. Besides, Russell was not the first choice. Sounds like you better get involved and save your beloved program if you know so much. Put your thoughts into actions.

You would want those kids to play for a crappy run youth league than for the a team coached by the high school coaches? Boy that makes a bunch of sense. 🤣

Exactly. This moron doesn’t understand
Wow..show your maturity. I never once called you a name or disrespected you. I’ll save this post when you are taken to the wood shed this season. 3 win season at best for the Horses and no Varsity team next year. Mark my word, it will happen moron.

Lol. I haven’t once even said we were going to be a great team this year. Move on. Maturity is not having to run to another team when you aren’t having things your way. You are disrespectful to our program and folks in and around it. That’s enough for me to not care for you

Lol. I haven’t once even said we were going to be a great team this year. Move on. Maturity is not having to run to another team when you aren’t having things your way. You are disrespectful to our program and folks in and around it. That’s enough for me to not care for you
How is telling the truth being disrespectful? You lost your best player to ACA, 3 quit this week including your promising QB you spoke about in another post. The kids don’t like Russell and haven’t even played the first game yet! There will be more quitting and you will be in the shape position as East Rutherford. That’s enough for me to use you as toilet paper.

The kid that went to ACA was going before he got here. The other QB wants to play basketball and don’t even want to play. Idk about 3 players quitting but we only had 22 to begin with so Brint didn’t inherit a full cupboard. The issues are far beyond a first year coach. We have almost no coach’s because they all left. All sports. Kids are selfish and move to next green pasture until they find it has flaws too. Parents and adults fuel that as well. When I was in school most kids said they didn’t like Ford either. He won though. Kids didn’t like Padgett when he first came either. It happens at all schools. I remember when the coach at Brevard first took over he had kids transfer to Rosman for goodness sake. He is a dang good coach too. Whatever happens I know I bleed Maroon and could never take my kid to ACR no matter the situation. I wouldn’t take my kids anywhere but if I did it certainly wouldnt be ACR

Reactions: Titanman27
I would rather lose with 11 kids that want to be at Owen than win with any kid who doesnt

The kid that went to ACA was going before he got here. The other QB wants to play basketball and don’t even want to play. Idk about 3 players quitting but we only had 22 to begin with so Brint didn’t inherit a full cupboard. The issues are far beyond a first year coach. We have almost no coach’s because they all left. All sports. Kids are selfish and move to next green pasture until they find it has flaws too. Parents and adults fuel that as well. When I was in school most kids said they didn’t like Ford either. He won though. Kids didn’t like Padgett when he first came either. It happens at all schools. I remember when the coach at Brevard first took over he had kids transfer to Rosman for goodness sake. He is a dang good coach too. Whatever happens I know I bleed Maroon and could never take my kid to ACR no matter the situation. I wouldn’t take my kids anywhere but if I did it certainly wouldnt be AC
I admire your pride. My son played at ACR and won a state championship. I have one last question for you…have you ever considered a career in politics? Because you speak out of both sides of your mouth.

How is that? You are the one worried about Owen’s program. I’m not concerned with ACR’s. I think I’m pretty consistent. Hate Reynolds love Owen and don’t budge

It does nothing good for a program for parents and fans to undermine the coaching staff of their school. The kids will never buy in if that happens. The only way for the coach and players to be successful is for the kids to buy in. I never thought Padgett was the right guy but I always supported him. That’s the only way for the program to move forward. Anyway I think Russell can be great if he is supported

Heritage don't have a lot of speed I agree but when has that ever really stopped them from being good the past 5 years? Mainly picked them first since the Mitchell vs Heritage game is in Burnsville. It's been a while since Mitchell has won there I believe.
My son has never lost as a starter to a Yancey team

Coaching is the only thing that will beat em, if we mix it up like last night we win big, Travis will not run it up the gut all night and beat Joey

Mountie
What’s funny is this guy just joined and he expects me to believe that his son played and won a state championship for ACR. That’s been a few years back to say the least. Why would you join when your kid isn’t playing anymore but not be on here when they did. Like I said ignorant. This person is a former Owen person who has moved that is just stirring a pot unprovoked. He has come on here trying to belittle for no reason. He should be a political figure. Flip flop from school to school and change his mind etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Rocketeightyeight
What’s funny to me is 88 says our kids don’t want to play for Russell yet ACR is twice our size and has only 10 senior football players. I guess their kids don’t want to play for Shane. Heck we have that many or more seniors

Mountie
What’s funny is this guy just joined and he expects me to believe that his son played and won a state championship for ACR. That’s been a few years back to say the least. Why would you join when your kid isn’t playing anymore but not be on here when they did. Like I said ignorant. This person is a former Owen person who has moved that is just stirring a pot unprovoked. He has come on here trying to belittle for no reason. He should be a political figure. Flip flop from school to school and change his mind etc.
You don’t have a clue! I have another son playing and no, I am not an Owen person and never will be. Keep smoking that rock..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT