ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Rule Changes and Points of Emphasis

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
Only one rule change this year:

Action in the Free-Blocking Zone [2-17-2c (NEW), 2-17-4]
Blocking below the waist now requires the block to begin immediately following the snap.

2021 POINTS OF EMPHASIS
  1. Sportsmanship
  2. Intentional Grounding
  3. Ineligible Downfield and Line of Scrimmage Formation

NFHS​

Since the QB from Chambers was ejected against Cardinal Gibbons,is he ineligible for the Chamber’s game at Highland Springs,VA this Saturday? Sorry,but I don’t know North Carolina rules on ejections. In VA,the ejected player MUST sit out the next game. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I’m not going to comment on what happened to Chambers QB as I have no knowledge. But in NC if you are ejected from game you sit the remainder of that game and the next. If you are disqualified you sit the remainder of the game being played. 2 USP is a DQ.

Reason for Ejections in NC
fighting
leaving bench area during a fight
flagrant contact
biting if observed
taunting,baiting,or spitting toward an opponent or official
profanity
obscene gestures
disrespectfully addressing an official

If a player bad mouths officials and then has to leave the game....was that result an ejection or disqualification?

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
If a player bad mouths officials and then has to leave the game....was that result an ejection or disqualification?
It depends on what the official reported. By letter of rule it will be an ejection, sometimes an official will allow the coach to handle it without an ejection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT