ADVERTISEMENT

2021-25 Realignment

It won’t be long before schools start forming their own leagues like they are doing in Florida now. Look at the national top 25 for high school football. Very few are public schools and the number will continue to shrink.
I dont understand it and I dont get how the NCHSAA will break it down once all the scores and all are in to make conferences. also Will their be Subdividing? Someone said this was to try to help eliminate subdividing since you already have West/East Region set up.

I wish NC would do a 2 year realignment like SC because you get way better data and its just simpler. Usually only maybe 1 or 2 school swap out. I feel like SC does a better job on how they get conference setup
There are a lot of things that South Carolina does better.

SCHSL has been sued by schools during each of the last several alignments. Same everywhere, some schools are not going to be happy.

I know I believe I stated that on another comment above that’s what December 10 is. That will be the first official release of the rough draft. I don’t think finalized comes until March or May
I meant this isn’t even the official classification breakdown. This is just a projection from HSOT. But still fun to do projections.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
It’s going to put Mooresville and Lake Norman in an interesting spot. I’m confident this means we leave the current Imeck, but where to? That is a mystery. I am praying we don’t get stuck in the crap 3A/4A split North Piedmont Conference we came from before.

I think that equity would be better rea he’d by not basing a sport’s program at a school off of the other sports at the school.

I think that equity would be better rea he’d by not basing a sport’s program at a school off of the other sports at the school.
That’s only 25% of it. ADM and ISP constitutes the other 75%. It’s more socioeconomic than other sports.

I know it is 25% I think they need to look at each sport. The conference Girls basketball shouldn't be based on how well the boys golf team does, etc.
Correct and while I get it most people who go to schools with a majority of the students on free lunch cannot afford an extra trainer or some camps that others can, but I don't see how that should factor into where your school is classification wise?
I'm not terribly mad with it, just confused. The state probably said what is the most confusing model we could use for the next realignment and picked this. I do think this is their version of a multiplier for charters and parochial schools, but it screws schools like Piedmont who get moved up because they just happen to not have many kids on free lunch. Just my two cents, not that they matter.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
Correct and while I get it most people who go to schools with a majority of the students on free lunch cannot afford an extra trainer or some camps that others can, but I don't see how that should factor into where your school is classification wise?
I'm not terribly mad with it, just confused. The state probably said what is the most confusing model we could use for the next realignment and picked this. I do think this is their version of a multiplier for charters and parochial schools, but it screws schools like Piedmont who get moved up because they just happen to not have many kids on free lunch. Just my two cents, not that they matter.
Piedmont’s the perfect example of how this system can play against a school. It’s gonna be ugly for them in most sports.

Piedmont’s the perfect example of how this system can play against a school. It’s gonna be ugly for them in most sports.
And that is not fair. Does any other state use this stuff in their realignments? There are plenty of other schools getting screwed and I hope enough of them raise hell to throw this realignment proposal out the window, but knowing the NCHSAA that will not happen because they do not do what makes sense.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
HSOT did a great job of projecting where the cutlines would be between 1A/2A/3A/4A based on old ADM numbers and doing a lot of figuring on the Cup scores and ISP data and posted it a couple of weeks ago....I took their class cutlines and did some projected conferences....my projected conferences keeps them as close as possible to the previous four year cycle, with minor changes in a few places and major changes in a few places....

Reactions: BlueVols
HSOT did a great job of projecting where the cutlines would be between 1A/2A/3A/4A based on old ADM numbers and doing a lot of figuring on the Cup scores and ISP data and posted it a couple of weeks ago....I took their class cutlines and did some projected conferences....my projected conferences keeps them as close as possible to the previous four year cycle, with minor changes in a few places and major changes in a few places....

While there’s certainly areas I don’t think you’re far off on.... when it comes to Mooresville Lake Norman and the Imeck, staying as is most likely won’t happen. Mooresville Lake Norman and South will be grouped into a conference together (Same county, and LKN and South are same school district).

a 9 team Imeck maybe? But unlikely in my eyes. I wonder if you see something like this:

Mooresville
Lake Norman
South Iredell
Carson
AL Brown
NW Cabarrus
Cox Mill
West Cabarrus
Central Cabarrus

Or

a North Piedmont 3A/4A Split

Mooresville
Lake Norman
South Iredell
Carson
West Rowan
East Rowan
North Iredell
Statesville

the latter of the 2 I absolutely despise

I could agree either above

I could also the Old NPC return
South Rowan
Statesville
West Rowan
East Rowan
North Iredell
4A:
LN
Mooreville
Carson
South Iredell

Or a Very slim chance
Alexander Central
Mooreville
LN
Carson
Bandys
Maiden
And other few others

Just as a first glance in the west 2A- I think Draughn is going to want to head for the N. Piedmont and not Western Highlands.

Like back in the day. Playoffs will be brutal. Lots of upsets week one. I remember a 3rd place Burns team beating an undefeated Mooresville team round one

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
With the news yesterday that they are not counting one year of the ISP numbers, the entire projection is useless now. It could shift quite a few schools. Every projection of conferences will change. The shifting of one team can, at times, cause a massive shift in leagues. We will see on the 10th tho.

With the news yesterday that they are not counting one year of the ISP numbers, the entire projection is useless now. It could shift quite a few schools. Every projection of conferences will change. The shifting of one team can, at times, cause a massive shift in leagues. We will see on the 10th tho.
What do you mean they are not counting one year of the ISP numbers?

The NCHSAA said yesterday they are dropping one year of the three, I think maybe the highest one for each school.

The rationale was that because of unusual events like hurricanes etc it skewed some numbers.

So basically the actual classes will now be at minimum SLIGHTLY different than Nick's projections, and possibly much different if it shifts some schools around.

Dear God,
please leave Mooresville in the IMECK and as far away from the old NPC as possible. the same goes for those other projections listed above.

your pal, Option Freak

• Haha
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Dear God,
please leave Mooresville in the IMECK and as far away from the old NPC as possible. the same goes for those other projections listed above.

your pal, Option Freak
We don’t wanna be in that conference either so at least we agree on that

We could see the OLD NPC return
South Rowan
West Rowan
East Rowan
North Iredell
Statesville
4A
South Iredell
Mooreville
LN

Like back in the day. Playoffs will be brutal. Lots of upsets week one. I remember a 3rd place Burns team beating an undefeated Mooresville team round one
In overtime, we were a 15 seed. It was fantastic. That was in 1998. Only to come home and lose to Concord in the second round. That was the first year of seeding and at that time if the lowest seeds pulled an upset, they assumed the seed of the team they just beat. So we would’ve been at home for the rest of the playoffs against everyone except the #1 or the #16 seeds. They changed it a few years later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT