ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2025 Classifications

What a relief! I told everyone to calm down with the reidsville to 1a talks, I know it was probably a legit possibility. But nothing official happened.

loving the idea to stay 2A....wouldn't have minded the opportunity to play a Robbinsville, Murphy or Swain of the 1A ranks......but those would have been some big travel deals for someone......................

Its official but i think schools can still asked to be moved. Is that righ?

Once classes are set the chance of a school being allowed to play in another class is very slim. Not going to say it's never been allowed but it would be rare.

I'd expect Andrews to stay in the same conference with the Randolph county schools like they have now. I'm just glad they didn't move down to 1A, same as the Reidsville folks

I wouldn’t be surprised if our conference stayed the same except swapping out South Point for Huss.

To the north I could see East Burke, Patton, Bunker Hill, Bandys, Maiden, Newton-Conover, Lincolnton, West Lincoln and West Caldwell in a conference, though 9 teams isn’t as ideal now that teams will only be playing 10 games. Maybe you send West Caldwell to Wilkes County.

I think split conferences will still allowed especially where they present potential hardships due to extreme travel. That's pretty much been the criteria the NCHSAA has always used. The question is going to be what they consider potential hardships.

I think the Western Highlands will be split 1a/2a
2a
1.Owen
2.Madison
3.Polk
4.Hendo
5.Brevard

1a
1.Heritage
2.Mitchell
3.Avery

Every one of those teams has been part of our conference at some point in the past. Brevard has been out of it the longest

2a
1.Owen
2.Madison
3.Polk
4.Hendo
5.Brevard

1a
1.Heritage
2.Mitchell
3.Avery
Could actually see Draughn added to it too. I know @tarheelg has him in it (with Heritage as a 2A school because this was before the NCHSAA came out with the actual classifications). But I’m thinking maybe Southern Piedmont for them. You could actually do a different split 1A/2A with Cherryville, Bessemer City and Draughn the 1A teams, East Burke and Patton among the 2A teams so Cherryville and Bessemer could get away from playing the charter schools but I’m not sure how that would affect other potential conferences. I don’t think it would work.
Funny thing is Draughn tried to get in the WHC at the midpoint of the 2013-2017 alignment because the SMAC was such a terrible fit for them but was turned down...so this could happen...

Last edited:
So since the week after Thanksgiving has traditionally been semi final week...

Shelby comes to Reidsville this time next year?

of course, we play a cupcake schedule. They will alwayshave to come to Reidsville. I’m just disappointed, I have been saying on these boards for five years that they would never play each other again.

of course, we play a cupcake schedule. They will alwayshave to come to Reidsville. I’m just disappointed, I have been saying on these boards for five years that they would never play each other again.

Aren’t we supposed to play Dudley in 2021?

Aren’t we supposed to play Dudley in 2021?
Nah, bro. On the outside looking in, I could see some interest in maybe a game with Green Level or definitely Mount Airy, maybe renew the Magna Vista (sounds like a credit card) game.😁

Last edited:
Nah, bro. On the outside looking in, I could see some interest in maybe a game with Green Level or definitely Mount Airy, maybe renew the Magna Vista (sounds like a credit card) game.😁

The magma vista game wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. They’ve won some recent state titles and was calling us out. But hopefully the my airy game and others are done. I’m hoping the 2021 schedule is pretty tough, cause we already gotta play rockingham and conference games.

I would want Dudley, western Alamamce and maybe Thomasville.

Bro you watching the fight tonight?

Reactions: Lion Attack
The magma vista game wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. They’ve won some recent state titles and was calling us out. But hopefully the my airy game and others are done. I’m hoping the 2021 schedule is pretty tough, cause we already gotta play rockingham and conference games.

I would want Dudley, western Alamamce and maybe Thomasville.

Bro you watching the fight tonight?
Have to work all weekend, bro. I definitely will catch it when I get off tomorrow. The main event typically starts real late. Going to be interesting seeing Spence. He’s been inactive since that near fatal car wreck he was in. Garcia is a dangerous opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
I think the odds of a shelby vs Reidsville regional final is very high. We all want to see it though. Especially the week leading into it some serious trash talk would be going on on these boards 😂

Reactions: Ooooner
2a
1.Owen
2.Madison
3.Polk
4.Hendo
5.Brevard

1a
1.Heritage
2.Mitchell
3.Avery
With heritage 1a Mitchell’s run of 1a conference 1st places will be over. We can beat everyone else but them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT