ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Yadkin Valley Conference early predictions

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
My predictions for the upcoming 2020 Yadkin Valley Conference teams appear cloudy at best. Sooner or later, I will have things sorted out. But, then again ...

I expect North Rowan to repeat as conference champions. Having a new head coach will not necessarily slow down the Cavaliers. Whether North Rowan runs the table again in the conference could be another story.

The first part of the "cloudiness" begins in the battle for second place in the conference, and, it will involve North Stanly, Albemarle, and South Stanly. Who will rise up to challenge North Rowan for the conference title.

The second part of the "cloudiness" in the YVC is the battle for fifth place, and trying to stay out of the conference basement. I see Chatham Central, North Moore, and South Davidson sharing residency in the conference basement. I'm not expecting these teams to even get a state playoff spot. And, will any of these teams win more than one conference game?

1) North Rowan
2T) Albemarle
2T) North Stanly
2T) South Stanly
5T) Chatham Central
5T) North Moore
5T) South Davidson

As always, you are pretty spot-on RD. I could see North Stanly being better, but your tie for second place is pretty accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT