ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NCPreps.com 3A Pre-Season Power Rankings

I will have to say this is one season I will hate to miss, if no football. Stacked with good talent and teams. It would be the year what if. Anyway the list looks good to me as far as the ranking goes.

Very surprised to see Crest so high. They'll be stacked on offense, but lost a lot of defensive players. Might have some shootouts this year at the Ranch!

I didn't realize Crest had a defense last year? Allowing 22 points a game (I think) average was ridiculous.

With the way offenses score the ball in today's game, giving up only 22 points per game is like giving up 13 back in the 90's.

How will the top 20 do now? Since the top Seniors will enroll early College and will not play in the Spring. Programs like Statesville, Hunter Huss, Weddington will hurt. Any programs with tremendous talent of underclassmen might have better shot when comes Spring.

How will the top 20 do now? Since the top Seniors will enroll early College and will not play in the Spring. Programs like Statesville, Hunter Huss, Weddington will hurt. Any programs with tremendous talent of underclassmen might have better shot when comes Spring.

We may be overestimating how many kids will enroll early. Most kids aren't going to play at the college level their first year. Some may, but most won't. For example, a kid like Drake Maye. Most would think he is going to go, but Sam Howell has two more years and I don't think Drake is going to leapfrog him. Why not stay, enjoy your senior year and take your time? Just asking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT