ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NCPreps 1A Pre-Season Power Rankings

Haters gonna hate lol. Don't get me wrong though I do miss the days when we played in a competitive conference

Sorry if I gave you guys the wrong impression. I enjoyed Tarboro football alot. If I am not mistaken most Tarboro fans would like to be 2A. And play in a Conference that is more competitive that players and fans can enjoy. I also enjoyed North Edgecombe football alot as well. I like to see North Edgecombe enrollment numbers improve.

Sorry if I gave you guys the wrong impression. I enjoyed Tarboro football alot. If I am not mistaken most Tarboro fans would like to be 2A. And play in a Conference that is more competitive that players and fans can enjoy. I also enjoyed North Edgecombe football alot as well. I like to see North Edgecombe enrollment numbers improve.
It's ok lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your right though most Tarboro fans and players would love to be in 2a.

Reactions: UNC91
I don't think so but maybe.

Guys, it hard to say this but I do not see a season in February. The only way we have a season is if the political leadership changes.

Look at the last three months, covid is still here and is not going away. Instead of us doing like the other states around us and just learn to live with it the leadership in NC would rather have us hide in fear.

I am beginning to doubt we have a new season next August as well.

Sorry to be negative but this is just what has been on my mind.

Guys, it hard to say this but I do not see a season in February. The only way we have a season is if the political leadership changes.

Look at the last three months, covid is still here and is not going away. Instead of us doing like the other states around us and just learn to live with it the leadership in NC would rather have us hide in fear.

I am beginning to doubt we have a new season next August as well.

Sorry to be negative but this is just what has been on my mind.
I honestly don’t see Cooper winning again man. I just don’t. I don’t really care about politics but folks really isn’t happy how NC being ran

A MT Airy? I hear that Pike is shutting down and moving to Charlotte. Could that affect MT Airy football program?

The date of Dec 7, 2020 is important. That is when basketball practice begins. I think we have high school basketball with very small attendance! The question will be “will local school systems require Covid testing ?”

I don’t think you’ll have basketball. It was supposed to start on November 4th. Guys every other state is playing football right now.

I now think Tarboro will be small A.
The new system for realignment will put Tarboro in 1a unless there Cup record is very high. The ISP will push Tarboro down. I dont agree with that for football but wouldn't mind playing Tarboro. Glad the Charters will be moving up.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Now, I'd take Murphy out of 4th and put the about 7th.
Eh, it will definitely hurt Murphy in terms of winning the conference and winning a state title but even if those two don't get to play I really don't see anyone ranked below them in this poll having enough to beat them besides Robbinsvillle.

I'd put Murphy about 5th behind Tarboro, Holmes, Robbinsville and East Surry without those two players, probably 2nd behind Tarboro with them.

Last edited:
Eh, it will definitely hurt Murphy in terms of winning the conference and winning a state title but even if those two don't get to play I really don't see anyone ranked below them in this poll having enough to beat them besides Robbinsvillle.

I'd put Murphy about 5th behind Tarboro, Holmes, Robbinsville and East Surry without those two players, probably 2nd behind Tarboro with them.
East Surry went 2A? Correct?

What if Florida starts applying pressure? Things could escalate quickly for Murphy? Early enroll?

What if Florida starts applying pressure? Things could escalate quickly for Murphy? Early enroll?
He will be here if there's a season I assume, he said he was committed to seeing his senior year through at Murphy. Obviously 'Dogs can't afford to lose him, in addition to the other potential losses, if they want to have any shot at hardware.

I don't want to say much about the legal stuff involving the others but I will say that I don't believe anyone will end up being convicted with a felony, it will probably end up as a misdemeanor after a plea. The problem is going to be with how slow the court system moves, I'm extremely doubtful the situation would/will be resolved in time for them to be able to play.

Last edited:
IF there is a season, and he follows through with what Florida wants, that would be a knockout blow to any title hopes given the other uncertainties. Losing one of them is a kick in the nuts, losing both is a nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
He will be here if there's a season I assume, he said he was committed to seeing his senior year through at Murphy. Obviously 'Dogs can't afford to lose him, in addition to the other potential losses, if they want to have any shot at hardware.

I don't want to say much about the legal stuff involving the others but I will say that I don't believe anyone will end up being convicted with a felony, it will probably end up as a misdemeanor after a plea. The problem is going to be with how slow the court system moves, I'm extremely doubtful the situation would/will be resolved in time for them to be able to play.
I dont see a coach in NC allowing them to play under the circumstances..felony or misdemeanor

Starting in the fall they will be. Still 1A this spring. I had heard Isaac Washington is skipping the spring season to enroll early at Tennessee, but the younger Gosnell (Ohio State commit) should still be there.
Hey, did you get a new e-mail address or deactivate your current one? I've tried to respond to the message you sent me a few days ago twice now but both times it didn't go through. Yahoo sent me an e-mail each time saying that the e-mail account I was responding to didn't exist or there was a typo (I've quadruple checked, there isn't a typo).

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Hey, did you get a new e-mail address or deactivate your current one? I've tried to respond to the message you sent me a few days ago twice now but both times it didn't go through. Yahoo sent me an e-mail each time saying that the e-mail account I was responding to didn't exist or there was a typo (I've quadruple checked, there isn't a typo).

I just did a test from an outside account and got the same thing you're saying, then tried again and it went through. I have no clue but I'm still getting tons of email at that address. Maybe it only goes through for my mom and people trying to sell me stuff...

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT