ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Charlotte observer way too early preseason top 16

The secondary will be young but they will be fine and well coached. Look up for the ball while in the air. Plenty off talent and playmakers Lindsey, broady, gates, bright, jones, Webb, Baldwin, just to name a few.
All that is nice but we all know Richmond will go as far a Hood will take them. When Echols got that hit on him and got in his head so went RC. Hes is probably the most explosive player in NC besides Shipley and Pryor... I'll still give the edge to Hood tho.

All that is nice but we all know Richmond will go as far a Hood will take them. When Echols got that hit on him and got in his head so went RC. Hes is probably the most explosive player in NC besides Shipley and Pryor... I'll still give the edge to Hood tho.
No doubt he stirs that coffee and makes it. They have some other players but you cut the head off the snake and the body dies. He is that good!

Great points nepsy 7 and 704 got to be much more than talent and that vance defense was historic not only was it the hit that echols delivered but our line could not protect hood or open up any holes for the backs pressure coming from everywhere receivers could not get any seperation just facts.

That hit didn't get into his head I promise. It wasn't that big of a hit I know he had been hit harder for sure. The hit our D put on your QB where he fumbled was a bigger hit. The better team won but not because of that one tackle.

Reactions: UNC91
That hit didn't get into his head I promise. It wasn't that big of a hit I know he had been hit harder for sure. The hit our D put on your QB where he fumbled was a bigger hit. The better team won but not because of that one tackle.
Hood and the offense were pretty much having their way with teams before Vance. It can definitely have an effect on your Offense, when your stud player is shut down. It happens!

Last edited:
I have always liked RC and appreciate what they have done over the years. They moved the ball well their first two possessions against Vance but then they were handled the rest of the way. RC will have to beat the best team coming out of Charlotte. Whoever that team is, they will be very good. RC will need to be better this season than last if they are going to win it all. They are right there but it will be a tough road.

Hood and the offense were pretty much having their way with teams before Vance. It can definitely have an effect on your Offense, when your stud player is shut down. It happens!
Agreed..... But the one tackle had no effect on Hood. Vance was the better team so they won. But not because of that tackle. That's what I'm saying.

Reactions: nepsy7
Agreed..... But the one tackle had no effect on Hood. Vance was the better team so they won. But not because of that tackle. That's what I'm saying.

Ultimately I thought the reason Vance was able to control that Richmond offense was because they were more physical upfront and that press man to man took Hood's first option away on those RPO's. He never had enough time to find a 2nd option. Richmond WR's were able to get free releases against MP, they never got those against Vance.

Physically Richmond isnt quite there yet but the progress that has been made over the past 3 years is remarkable. You go back to the North MEck playoff game a few years ago when they could not tackle anyone to last year and you see where the weight room time coupled with coaching has paid huge dividends.

I think they are very close to being in that Vance, Mallard Creek, Wake Forest category and with their advantage of numbers they will be a force for a long time.

Of course that 1 hit wasnt the main factor but I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back. U add up a bunch of stuff: the aggression of the defense, how athletic the front and back end, and add the defensive play of the yr basically spying u the whole game could cause some frustration. It's like u can feel the pressure closing in on u. That RPO was unstoppable the whole season so when u see it not working the pressure can build up. I feel like with so many other teams going thru coaching changes and graduation this is RC's yr to do it with so much coming back from last yrs team.

The powers that be keep pushing the start date back. I wouldn’t be surprised if the upcoming season is cancelled. That guy up there in Raleigh already talking about delaying the start of the school year. No weight training,no practice. School possibly being delayed. Think about it?

Went to a 7on7 yesterday, Weddington rolled through the competition. Their offense will be clicking again, as long as the defense can be 85% of what it was last year, things look good

Went to a 7on7 yesterday, Weddington rolled through the competition. Their offense will be clicking again, as long as the defense can be 85% of what it was last year, things look good
Yeah we had some eyes there checking out the action......

High School Teams are participating in 7 v 7 in NC ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT