2019 Yadkin Valley 1A Conference pre-season predictions

1T) North Rowan, 5-1, conference, 8-3 overall
1T) North Stanly, 5-1, 8-3
1T South Stanly, 5-1, 8-3
4) Albemarle, 3-3, 3-8
5) Chatham Central, 2-4, 3-8
6) North Moore, 1-5, 3-8
7) South Davidson, 0-6, 0-11

Look for North Rowan, North Stanly, and South Stanly to battle for the top spot in the YVC. Expect Albemarle to be in the middle of the pack, followed by Chatham Central and North Moore. South Davidson continues to reside in the conference basement.

All I can agree with is NR at no.1....But I have Albemarle and SS in a battle for second with NS at no 4...The rest looks good.....

2019 Yadkin Valley 1A Conference pre-season predictions

4) Albemarle, 3-3, 3-8
6) North Moore, 1-5, 3-8

Look for North Rowan, North Stanly, and South Stanly to battle for the top spot in the YVC. Expect Albemarle to be in the middle of the pack, followed by Chatham Central and North Moore. South Davidson continues to reside in the conference basement.
May I please ask what makes you put North Stanly where you have them?
I would also give Alb the slight edge over SS.

Can’t say that I disagree.

Going to be another pitiful year at South Davidson.

Luckily for them, it is, and always will be, the fault of someone else.

1 North Rowan, 6-0 conference 9-2 overall
2 Albemarle 5-1 6-5
3 South Stanly 4-2 6-5
4 North Stanly 3-3 6-5
5 Chatham Central 2-4 4-7
6 North Moore 1-5 2-9
7South Davidson 0-6 0-11

4) Albemarle, 3-3, 3-8
6) North Moore, 1-5, 3-8

From what I have seen Albemarle has a solid defense. Chatham Central look rough at the SWR Jamboree. North Moore looked OK they looked very young.

4) Albemarle, 3-3, 3-8
6) North Moore, 1-5, 3-8

From what I have seen Albemarle has a solid defense. Chatham Central look rough at the SWR Jamboree. North Moore looked OK they looked very young.
North stanly won’t beat Albemarle this year and south I don’t believe will either.

CC has Moore at QB.. without him they would be a mess. If he ever does leave them they will be in real rough shape. He's really good for a small 1A school QB. Has good pocket timing and can chunk it.. he threw a nice 30/40 yard TD off the bat in his highlight reel at that scrimmage. I might even say he could be the best QB in the whole conference by the end of the year.. he's thrown for 3,900 yards in his first 2 years.. The team around him is the question.

I see them winning between 1-3 games.. the Atkins and North Stokes games will be very fun to watch. Atkins has some size and some speed but they are awful vs the pass and vs a physical line, CC may have a shot there. North Stokes as well if they are banged up and their D doesn't get going.

CC should beat South no issue.

North Moore I know little about besides that they are fast..are they gonna be down again this year due to turnover and the HC change? Seen them last year vs CSD and they were pretty bad to be honest so hard to say if they digressed or not lol.

South's gonna go 0-ffer. It's way too late in the season to build momentum or get new kids out their goal is to hang in there and make it thru the year. Shelton's gonna have his hands full but if he can get the D tough and they make the more physical and fundamentally sound that's a win all in it's own. They were at spurts last year (the Atkins game was one of South's best played games in years,) but hard to say right now if they can maintain that every week or not.

That being said their game vs Carver's gonna be a hoot to watch.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
1-North Rowan
2-Albemarle
3-South Stanly
4-North Stanly
5-North Moore
6-Chathem C
7-South Davidson

WE have the most athletes we have had in the last 5 years. North Stanly is back in the bottom of the county and YVC minus the three bottom dwellers. South Stanly will be ok but doesn't have enough to beat us, however it will be a good game. North Rowan is superior this year, but look out for us next year! But still making a jump to #2 is still a great move for coach Davis and his staff.

In the county I think we win the CUP. WSHS second, SSHS third, and NSHS last!

4) Albemarle, 3-3, 3-8
6) North Moore, 1-5, 3-8

Looks about right to me. Would love it if AHS could get to .500 but they have a very tough OOC schedule this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT