ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SMC JV Thread

Robbinsville 28-20 over Swain with less than 2min remaining 4th and 4inches at midfield and we try to throw a pass with both linebackers lined up in gaps and get sacked.
Game over. Robbinsville runs for td as time expires rather than taking a knee.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Final was 34-20, Swain made a game of it when they could of folded and quit. Williams returned the opening kickoff and Adams scored on first play from scrimmage. After the half Swain played tuff. There is some solid pieces on that team. As for the last play yes Williams scored as the time ran out. But it was 4th down on the 50 with 10 seconds left. They had to run a play. Swain was trying to strip the ball and never wrapped him up.

I took a few days off but have returned. You said Swain could have folded and quit but didn’t, i can’t ever remember a Swain team quitting or folding. Programs like Swain and a few other SMC teams just don’t do that. Good job tonight Knights, still plenty to work on if you want to compete with Swain the next few years. Swain has some good young players that will only get better, count on it. Go Knights

After watching Cherokee and watching Hayesville I’m not surprised. I thought Cherokee had some talent and improved as the season went on

Reactions: SitOut
Speaking for myself and not Swaindad, Williams was impressive. It is a shame Swain couldn't put 4 quarters together like they did the second half.

Reactions: WickedStix9
Speaking for myself and not Swaindad, Williams was impressive. It is a shame Swain couldn't put 4 quarters together like they did the second half.
And it's a shame on the other hand for robbinsville that they didn't put 4 quarters togeather.
And the Robbinsville didn't take a knee comment above is high comedy.

And it's a shame on the other hand for robbinsville that they didn't put 4 quarters togeather.
And the Robbinsville didn't take a knee comment above is high comedy.
Yeah in JV ball the clock doesn't stop when it changes possessions. Once the official spots the ball in play the clock starts again, so if they would have taken a knee the ball would have been put in play and the Devils would have had about 4 seconds to run a play. Actually a good call by the Rville coaching staff.

Yeah in JV ball the clock doesn't stop when it changes possessions. Once the official spots the ball in play the clock starts again, so if they would have taken a knee the ball would have been put in play and the Devils would have had about 4 seconds to run a play. Actually a good call by the Rville coaching staff.
I agree, they had to call a play. Rville did line up in victory formation on 1st and 2nd down but swain called timeouts. With timeouts being called, plays had to be run on 3rd and 4th to run the clock out.

Unfortunately Hayesville has digressed as the season has gone on and play very soft, they have taken on the personality of there head coach. While the varsity staff has a great set of coaches it was to the detriment of the jv staff. they have two good coaches on the JV staff and two that are awful including the head coach. Hopefully this wont have a long term effect on the players because they do have some good talent. The varsity coaches hopefully will help them at the end of the season when they move up.

Unfortunately Hayesville has digressed as the season has gone on and play very soft, they have taken on the personality of there head coach. While the varsity staff has a great set of coaches it was to the detriment of the jv staff. they have two good coaches on the JV staff and two that are awful including the head coach. Hopefully this wont have a long term effect on the players because they do have some good talent. The varsity coaches hopefully will help them at the end of the season when they move up.
who do you think the awful ones are?

also i encourage you to come dedicate some of your time before your time before you start talking about these awful coaches.

Well the defensive cordinator and the young one are good from what I have been hearing but the big guy and the head coach are clueless that's coming from other coaches around the conference and even there own players.

You have probably never been on a football field. Your soft.

Reactions: WickedStix9
Last game day of the season. Can Murphy pull off the upset and get a piece of the conference championship?

They will be in good standing with running back for sure after #20 moves up. Be a good one to have if someone gets injured

I'm not there, was told Dogs drove down to the Andrews 5 yd line right before half but were called for holding and then ran out of time.
This was true. The Refs were throwing flags every other play the entire first half. Took both teams out of game by not being able to get in any rythym. It was like watching the nfl games this season. I pay to watch the players not the officials

Not sure why Andrews two best players Martin and Weaver have played for Andrews when they live in Murphy and Hiwassee Dam. Not against any rules just doesnt make much sense to me but more power to them. A good season for Andrews but this will be the last time this group beats Robbinsville or Murphy though if were honest.
That’s some real BS. It’s sort of cheap that no one can say congratulations like Andrews fans would if someone else won the championship. Can’t say anything good about little ole Andrews !! It’s always something like we beat you in High School or you won’t beat us in High School. No matter what Andrews accomplishes someone will take a cheap shot. Give the kids a break. Grow up and give credit where credit is due. This team is for real and will give it all they got the next 3 yesrs

Not sure why Andrews two best players Martin and Weaver have played for Andrews when they live in Murphy and Hiwassee Dam. Its not against any rules just doesnt make much sense to me but more power to them. A good season for Andrews but this will be the last time this group beats Robbinsville or Murphy if were honest.

No reason for this post today. Good win for the cats. Murphy had two drives down in the red zone and couldn't get in. Murphy was much improved from the beginning of the season. This group of freshman will continue to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT