ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SMC JV Thread

Really looking forward to the Andrews@Hayesville this week should be a good one might be the game that's for 2nd place. Not sure how good Hayesville is based off of the win over Rosman but I think they are gonna be pretty good and a win over Andrews who crushed Swain would say a lot about this Hayesville team.
Stop Martin, stop Andrews ... Sounds a lot easier than it is.

Reactions: smcdom123
Hayesville 32 Andrews 26
Swain 34 Rosman 6
Murphy 38 Cherokee 14
Hayesville must be stacked this year. Andrews destroyed Swain even after starting a little slow it being the first game and held a very big Swain team to 6 points which was a bad breakdown on defense and should not have happened. Also every player on Andrews played. Could have been worse. So Hayesville must have a lot of skill players for you to say they will put up 32 points tonight.

Reactions: mbdfan
A lot of hype from Clay County, in part because they put up a bunch of points on Rosman. No offense to the Tigers but they have one of the worst SMC JV teams in recent memory, that game tells me nor anyone else anything about Hayesville.

There were quite a few people from Hayesville at the Robbinsville - Murphy JV game last week too and from what I've heard there was a lot of gum popping about how they had something for Murphy AND Robbinsville this year.

Personally, I'll be surprised if they beat Andrews. Either way we'll know a lot more about where the Jackets stand after tonight.

Last edited:
Hayesville looks pretty good. Quick, with a pretty good passing game. Hard to tell what they really can do based off of the Rosman game. But QB is quick and deadly if he gets free out of that spread. If Andrews contains him, they should be fine. Defensively, Hayesville may struggle to stop Andrews running the ball. Should be a good game
I’m looking forward to watching them tonight. Yes should be a good game

Reactions: CatDad312
I wouldnt count the Dogs out for 2nd place just yet.....team should come on as the season goes on...

Not sure who is popping their gums but it hasn’t been on here! Hayesville has some talent and decent depth on the line. True football fans don’t run their mouths they research and study the game. The Rosman game told absolutely nothing about how good Hayesville is or isn’t. The one thing I do know is that we are trying to change the culture in Clay County and the first step is excitement from the players and community about the program!

Not sure who is popping their gums but it hasn’t been on here! Hayesville has some talent and decent depth on the line. True football fans don’t run their mouths they research and study the game. The Rosman game told absolutely nothing about how good Hayesville is or isn’t. The one thing I do know is that we are trying to change the culture in Clay County and the first step is excitement from the players and community about the program!
The same for Andrews. Just trying to change the culture. This is a good group and I hope they stick together. I believe we have 32 players which is great for our small school. Expecting to see a good game tonight

We took them to the game because they do have a shot at doing something great so we want them to know what they are up against.

I think this game will look a lot like the Rville-Murphy game. Hayesville will have some success on offense with their passing game but their D will struggle to stop the running game of Andrews consistently. Rville scored on most every possession and I expect Andrews to do the same.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
The talk was in Robbinsville last week. I don't have a problem with it, good to have confidence and self belief but tonight is their opportunity to back it up, we'll see.

Williams had 245 rushing on Murphy.
Adans had 116. I think we will see that Murphy's defense is top 3 as we get into the season.
Vs Cherokee Williams had about 100 and Adams about 200. I'll try to find out for sure.
Going by this though both are over 300 easily. It could be more. Its not totally out of the question that one or both could near 1,000yds in a 6 game season.

It was Murphy 30 - Swain 6 at halftime

Any other scores?

Last edited:
Robbinsville 24-06 halftime score.
Three tds called back for Robbinsville. I heard.

Murphy 36-14 final I believe
Yeah Swain is a young team and when you make that many mistakes bad things happen. Fumble return for td and 4th down and 12 td pass on blown coverage and a pick six right before half that will just about get you beat every time. Hope they keep their heads up and keep working. They can get much better. They have already improved a lot this season from where they started.

I'll give Credit to Murphy if swaindad wont do it.... Dogs Put the game away early it was 30 to 6 at halftime....this Murphy offense is starting to come around..scored 30 50 and 36 points in thier 3 games so far.....future appears to be in good hands for the Bulldogs....

Yeah Swain is a young team and when you make that many mistakes bad things happen. Fumble return for td and 4th down and 12 td pass on blown coverage and a pick six right before half that will just about get you beat every time.
You make it sound like the only reason Murphy won was because of Swain "mistakes" lol. You do this every time Swain loses a game at any level, its always what Swain did wrong, not what the other team did right.

But since you want to play the excuse game the 'Dogs had a ton of penalities and they had turnovers too. That fumble you had that was returned for a TD was forced, part of football.

In reality the final score flattered Swain, it was never in doubt. I hope your JV team is young because being totally honest that's the weakest Swain JV team in a long time.

Last edited:
I'll give Credit to Murphy if swaindad wont do it.... Dogs Put the game away early it was 30 to 6 at halftime....this Murphy offense is starting to come around..scored 30 50 and 36 points in thier 3 games so far.....future appears to be in good hands for the Bulldogs....
Not to discredit the bulldogs in anyway they were a good team but the offense only put up 20. Their d scored twice and their final touchdown was after some personal fouls on Swain. Again not discrediting Murphy in anyway. Devils had some costly mistakes and that's part of football. Still got a lot of work to do to improve over the last two weeks.

Not to discredit the bulldogs in anyway they were a good team but the offense only put up 20. Their d scored twice and their final touchdown was after some personal fouls on Swain. Again not discrediting Murphy in anyway. Devils had some costly mistakes and that's part of football. Still got a lot of work to do to improve over the last two weeks.

Murphy dominated that game start to finish, it was never close. The only thing that stopped the Murphy offense was Murphy.

Murphy dominated that game start to finish, it was never close. The only thing that stopped the Murphy offense was Murphy.
I guess it all depends on which side you watched it from then. Devil's moved the ball pretty steadily on the dogs.

You make it sound like the only reason Murphy won was because of Swain "mistakes" lol. You do this every time Swain loses a game at any level, its always what Swain did wrong, not what the other team did right.

But since you want to play the excuse game the 'Dogs had a ton of penalities and they had turnovers too. That fumble you had that was returned for a TD was forced, part of football.

In reality the final score flattered Swain, it was never in doubt. I hope your JV team is young because being totally honest that's the weakest Swain JV team in a long time.
Pretty simple - If you do everything right your probably going to win so yes Swain made too many mistakes to win. I really don’t care what Murphy did right to win. If you want my opinion I would say Murphy was not as strong as in years past either. They seemed young and made some mistakes as well. I did see some talent on their team but not as much as the last several years on Murphy JV.

If you want my opinion I would say Murphy was not as strong as in years past either. They seemed young and made some mistakes as well. I did see some talent on their team but not as much as the last several years on Murphy JV.
I don't disagree and I've said as much in this very thread. This Murphy team has some good pieces no question but they lack some speed and playmaking ability at the skill spots compared to a lot of previous Murphy JV teams.

If that's the case it doesn't bode too well for Swain that they got handled by a down (by Murphy standards) group.

Reactions: mhs95
I don't disagree and I've said as much in this very thread. This Murphy team has some good pieces no question but they lack some speed and playmaking ability at the skill spots compared to a lot of previous Murphy JV teams.

If that's the case it doesn't bode too well for Swain that they got handled by a down (by Murphy standards) group.

I agree 100% and they have to get better. I’m sure with more experience both Murphy and Swain teams will get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT