ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SMC JV Thread

Mbd I think this group for Murphy will be fine in the future. The QB throws a nice ball and accuracy will get better. They didn’t quit during the game and keep playing until the end. A lot of teams would have folded and went home.

As for Robbinsville, no doubt they have a good football team. I didn’t think they were near the level some were saying. They don’t have the passing game close to what I saw from them last year. But with the 2 backs they have, passing won’t really be all that necessary at the JV level.

Reactions: therealsquid
Mbd I think this group for Murphy will be fine in the future.
There are some good pieces down there for Murphy but the lines aren't what they've been the last few years and they're missing that home run hitter skill player(s) that Murphy is known for.

Last edited:
There are some good pieces down there for Murphy but the lines aren't what they've been the last few years and they're missing that home run hitter skill player(s) that Murphy is known for.
Accurate. QB looked good and I thought the receiver #24 was decent and under-used. The backs #34 and #28 (?) were very slow, especially in comparison to typical Murphy backs. #20 was very good. He is kind of slim, but you could tell he was a football player. He was not used enough either.

QB looked good and I thought the receiver #24 was decent and under-used. The backs #34 and #28 (?) were very slow, especially in comparison to typical Murphy backs. #20 was very good. He is kind of slim, but you could tell he was a football player. He was not used enough either.
#11 has some good tools at QB, pretty new to playing football so he has a pretty high ceiling I think. Murphy is going to be in good shape at QB on varsity the next few years it seems.

#24 is Robert Bodine's little brother, they're two totally different types of players but #24 is going to be a solid player at the varsity level.

#34 isn't slow but it sounds like he's had a hard time transferring his speed from drills and sprints to the actual game, he's pretty new to football so he may be overthinking things. Plus #34 missed all of last season with a broken arm and that injury might still be in the back of his mind and causing hesitancy, not sure.

I can't disagree with the lack of speed at wingback, probably need to give someone else an opportunity there.

I'm with you on #20, he's a football player period, there's a whole lot to like there.

It wouldn't have mattered this year because he'd aged out of JV, but this group will miss Charles speed at the skill spots if he stays in Andrews.

#11 has some good tools at QB, pretty new to playing football so he has a pretty high ceiling I think. Murphy is going to be in good shape at QB on varsity the next few years it seems.

#24 is Robert Bodine's little brother, they're two totally different types of players but #24 is going to be a solid player at the varsity level.

#34 isn't slow but it sounds like he's had a hard time transferring his speed from drills and sprints to the actual game, he's pretty new to football so he may be overthinking things. Plus #34 missed all of last season with a broken arm and that injury might still be in the back of his mind and causing hesitancy, not sure.

I can't disagree with the lack of speed at wingback, probably need to give someone else an opportunity there.

I'm with you on #20, he's a football player period, there's a whole lot to like there.
I agree about #20, John Ledford. The offense looked good last night when he was the focal point. He is faster than I remember from his youth days. Look forward to watching him. Cole Laney at QB was much improved. Deep at QB next few seasons.

I'm interested to hear your take on this. What, do you have money riding on the game and you think this will effect the spread? Do you think that Shawn Bryson won't notice? You think Murphy and Swain won't find out about this all season? You my friend are the idiot. You need to change your name to Sensitive Knight since you get your panties in a wad so quickly.
Thanks for putting this out there for the world to see before tonight's game you idiot.

Accurate. QB looked good and I thought the receiver #24 was decent and under-used. The backs #34 and #28 (?) were very slow, especially in comparison to typical Murphy backs. #20 was very good. He is kind of slim, but you could tell he was a football player. He was not used enough either.
Think your assessment of the dogs is accurate. What did you think about the Knights?

I'm interested to hear your take on this. What, do you have money riding on the game and you think this will effect the spread? Do you think that Shawn Bryson won't notice? You think Murphy and Swain won't find out about this all season? You my friend are the idiot. You need to change your name to Sensitive Knight since you get your panties in a wad so quickly.
Its evident you know NOTHING about football..You must be one of the mommies on here..I'll tell you how much you know about our program..Our quarterbacks foot/ankle IS NOT even close to being broke..you are a joke.

Well, I don't think they were as invincible as we thought they were after beating Cherokee. It was evident that the Murphy LBers were intimidated by Williams, wouldn't meet him head on, only tried arm tackling. Can't blame them, he is a man among boys. Adams had a few good runs but he is going to have be stronger and more physical down the road. I disagree with BK that he will not play JV ball next year. Williams will be ready but Adams is still not physically mature enough to make a difference at the varsity level. QB play was poor. His throws weren't accurate and on the one keeper I saw him run, he was too slow to make the edge. Line play was just so so. The potency of our offense is because of Williams and Adams. They will only have one more close game this year and that is Andrews. That will be a much closer game than this one. Martin will not be afraid to meet Williams up the middle, on offense or defense. Down the road, Adams is going to be an Anderson type runner, but not until his 10th grade year. Williams is unlike anything we've seen.

Reactions: SitOut
Can't argue with either of those assessments on last nights game. Going to be a heavyweight fight in two weeks in Andrews.

Well, I don't think they were as invincible as we thought they were after beating Cherokee. It was evident that the Murphy LBers were intimidated by Williams, wouldn't meet him head on, only tried arm tackling. Can't blame them, he is a man among boys. Adams had a few good runs but he is going to have be stronger and more physical down the road. I disagree with BK that he will not play JV ball next year. Williams will be ready but Adams is still not physically mature enough to make a difference at the varsity level. QB play was poor. His throws weren't accurate and on the one keeper I saw him run, he was too slow to make the edge. Line play was just so so. The potency of our offense is because of Williams and Adams. They will only have one more close game this year and that is Andrews. That will be a much closer game than this one. Martin will not be afraid to meet Williams up the middle, on offense or defense. Down the road, Adams is going to be an Anderson type runner, but not until his 10th grade year. Williams is unlike anything we've seen.
dont really have a dog in this fight but I think its unneccesary to come here and single 1 kids play out as poor...these are 13-15 yr olds..there is no need for that and imho no place for it...you wanna say a particular group such as ol,dl,lb had issues ok i guess..it is a message board..but to single any one kid at this age out like that is just uncalled for

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Williams is unlike anything we've seen.
He's the real deal and he'll be a really good varsity player but he's also very physically mature for his age, he's grown playing against children right now.

The "unlike anything we've ever seen" talk is over the top and outlandish. There was a player on Murphy's team the last four years that I think he's very similar to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhs95
dont really have a dog in this fight but I think its unneccesary to come here and single 1 kids play out as poor...these are 13-15 yr olds..there is no need for that and imho no place for it...you wanna say a particular group such as ol,dl,lb had issues ok i guess..it is a message board..but to single any one kid at this age out like that is just uncalled for
Are you serious? You honest to God don't think it is ok to say that "QB play was poor"? SMH. There is absolutely nothing inflammatory about that statement. It is simply the truth. This isn't the place for a political rant, but this is exactly what is wrong with our country today. Let me say it like you and your kind want it said "The QB could have played better but I'm sure that he did his best considering his current circumstances. He didn't make the edge but in all fairness to him, those other kids were running really fast and you just can't expect him to keep up. And his passes weren't exactly where they were supposed to be but there was a light breeze and it is possible that the receivers just went to the wrong place. Oh, and no offense to the receivers, I would never imply that it was your fault that the pass wasn't catchable." Is that better? Give everyone a trophy and let everyone talk to their therapist.

Are you serious? You honest to God don't think it is ok to say that "QB play was poor"? SMH. There is absolutely nothing inflammatory about that statement. It is simply the truth. This isn't the place for a political rant, but this is exactly what is wrong with our country today. Let me say it like you and your kind want it said "The QB could have played better but I'm sure that he did his best considering his current circumstances. He didn't make the edge but in all fairness to him, those other kids were running really fast and you just can't expect him to keep up. And his passes weren't exactly where they were supposed to be but there was a light breeze and it is possible that the receivers just went to the wrong place. Oh, and no offense to the receivers, I would never imply that it was your fault that the pass wasn't catchable." Is that better? Give everyone a trophy and let everyone talk to their therapist.
Yeah I'm serious...you ever heard the old adage...praise in public and criticize in private?...

He's the real deal and he'll be a really good varsity player but he's also very physically mature for his age, he's grown playing against children right now.

The "unlike anything we've ever seen" talk is over the top and outlandish. There was a player on Murphy's team the last four years that I think he's very similar to.
My meaning is that we are seeing a D-1 athlete at a very young age that looks like a D-1 athlete. Anyone that showed up to watch him play would immediately know what they were seeing. Also, his running style is quiet different that most backs that have come through Robbinsville.

Yeah I'm serious...you ever heard the old adage...praise in public and criticize in private?...
Yeah, I've heard it. I also know that this is a public message board and if you are that thin-skinned, you maybe should find something more less hurtful to read.

My meaning is that we are seeing a D-1 athlete at a very young age that looks like a D-1 athlete. Anyone that showed up to watch him play would immediately know what they were seeing. Also, his running style is quiet different that most backs that have come through Robbinsville.

I have no idea why a kid that's ranked 25th in the country individually in wrestling is playing JV football. Makes no sense to me with the future ahead of him. He may be a D1 athlete but he doesn't have D1 speed. I'd pump the brakes on the, "unlike anything we've seen".

I have no idea why a kid that's ranked 25th in the country individually in wrestling is playing JV football. Makes no sense to me with the future ahead of him. He may be a D1 athlete but he doesn't have D1 speed. I'd pump the brakes on the, "unlike anything we've seen".
Have you seen anything like him? Who?

He may be a D1 athlete but he doesn't have D1 speed. I'd pump the brakes on the, "unlike anything we've seen".

Have you seen anything like him? Who?
Really? Do you not remember Jeremiah Young from Franklin a few years ago? I'd say Young was all that and more. Willams has more in common with Spencer McCoy or Chase Roberts.

And to Cold Biscuit's point even Young wasn't D1 football material because of speed limitations. Williams will be a D1 athlete, just not on the gridiron.

Really? Do you not remember Jeremiah Young from Franklin a few years ago? I'd say Young was all that and more. Willams has more in common with Spencer McCoy or Chase Roberts.

And to Cold Biscuit's point even Young wasn't D1 football material because of speed limitations. Williams will be a D1 athlete, just not on the gridiron.
I told some folks this very thing months ago. If he leaves Rville for wrestling and gets the necessary training could very well go to any D1 college he wants.

Hayesville might have something to say about that being the only close game this year, we might not win but we are loaded with skill players this year, a couple who have never played football before

Reactions: smcdom123
Panther did you post your top rushing/passing/recieving stats this week?

Panther did you post your top rushing/passing/recieving stats this week?
no but i will just couldnt find the correct stats for a couple players
but i did see Rylee Anderson 378 yards on 63 carries and Blake McClure 315 yards on just 25 carries hmmmmmm

I told some folks this very thing months ago. If he leaves Rville for wrestling and gets the necessary training could very well go to any D1 college he wants.

I agree except for one thing, several D-1 schools do not have wrestling.

Hayesville might have something to say about that being the only close game this year, we might not win but we are loaded with skill players this year, a couple who have never played football before

I hope your right but pump the breaks a little. Remember Hayesville has played only one game and that was against a very inexperienced Rosman team.

I agree except for one thing, several D-1 schools do not have wrestling.
You are correct. The Big Ten is the top level for the most part when it comes to wrestling. Some ACC schools have great programs as well. NC State would make a big push for a in state kid at that level. He's size is the key. It comes down to what was discussed yesterday. Most all boys his size ride the football train to the end. The ones that have his athleticism but lack speed can get a lot of offers for wrestling if they sell out to it.

Reactions: recycled2
Really looking forward to the Andrews@Hayesville this week should be a good one might be the game that's for 2nd place. Not sure how good Hayesville is based off of the win over Rosman but I think they are gonna be pretty good and a win over Andrews who crushed Swain would say a lot about this Hayesville team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT