ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SMC JV Thread

West Montgomery beat them twice. I think we can beat north Friday but rd 5 will be tough.

I think you can beat North Stanly and probably will but they're definitely capable of winning. They beat Roxboro Community and they were ranked #2 in 1A when North Stanly beat them. Roxboro was good, they beat Eastern Alamance who is still playing in the 3A playoffs.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I think you can beat North Stanly and probably will but they're definitely capable of winning. They beat Roxboro Community and they were ranked #2 in 1A when North Stanly beat them. Roxboro was good, they beat Eastern Alamance who is still playing in the 3A playoffs.
8-3 Robbinsville in the 6th.

Reactions: SitOut
11-3 Robbinsville.
Coach said NS had the best pitcher we've seen.
A monster awaits us now. They are ranked about 5th in the state and haven't lost.

Reactions: mbdfan
I think Robbinsville wins the JV SMC title this year. Murphy will be at Robbinsville. Should be a great game.

Reactions: GreyGod623
I've seen some video of Kage and I am very impressed. If he plays football he could dominate jv like no other 8th grader has in the smc. I dont think anyone else in the conference is training like him.

I've seen some video of Kage and I am very impressed. If he plays football he could dominate jv like no other 8th grader has in the smc. I dont think anyone else in the conference is training like him.

I believe their going to be some great football played over the next few year in the SMC. Robbinsville has had a great run in the youth league with the incoming group of the 8th graders.

Does anyone know anything on the lineman from swain midget team this past year? I believe he was #99 and the Driver kid. Will they both be moving up to JV.

That's awesome to hear. Passion and drive for something at that age will take him far in life when sports is over. I am a fan.

What kind of workout is he doing? Bet it leans more to wreslting if that's his number 1 sport. Probably a lot of back work. Pulling and grip is big in wrestling. Where can I see these videos?

I believe their going to be some great football played over the next few year in the SMC. Robbinsville has had a great run in the youth league with the incoming group of the 8th graders.

Does anyone know anything on the lineman from swain midget team this past year? I believe he was #99 and the Driver kid. Will they both be moving up to JV.

I heard Driver was going to Cherokee but that could be wrong. I didn't put much stock into it. Swain beat Robbinsville in the youth championship so there should some talent moving up for Swain.

I saw it on facebook. Climbing rope with weight, pull ups with weight, heavy ropes and more.

I saw it on facebook. Climbing rope with weight, pull ups with weight, heavy ropes and more.
Defiantly sounds like a workout from someone with a wrestling background.

I think you are safe this year and he will play football. JV in the SMC is only 6 games and isn't that demanding of time. He can finish up and be back on the mat before any major tournaments. Next year could be a different story entering HS.

If he plays as a freshman he will probably be on varsity

Last edited:
2019 could be special for the Knights but so could 2020..Hooper and Williams in the backfield..A more experienced quarterback. And pretty much the same old stubborn line we had last year, this year and will still be around in 2020.

2019 could be special for the Knights but so could 2020..Hooper and Williams in the backfield..A more experienced quarterback. And pretty much the same old stubborn line we had last year, this year and will still be around in 2020.
You are right, could be. Williams would be a great fullback in the SMC. He’s big and tuff; runs hard north and south but not D1 football fast. I have seen enough sports in my time. I have seen his wrestling and I think he is a D1 wrestler if he moves and dedicated his time to that sport. In the end, it’s up to him and his family.

You are right, could be. Williams would be a great fullback in the SMC. He’s big and tuff; runs hard north and south but not D1 football fast. I have seen enough sports in my time. I have seen his wrestling and I think he is a D1 wrestler if he moves and dedicated his time to that sport. In the end, it’s up to him and his family.
From what I've been told ,he can pretty much pick his wrestling school now..Hes that talented

Reactions: BK13T-$
From what I've been told ,he can pretty much pick his wrestling school now..Hes that talented
I agree with this statement at this time. His results are the proof in the sport of wrestling. The but is wrestling is such a skill sport I am not sure he can stay at that level and play football. Honestly it would be hard to stay at robbinsville and stay at that level. I bet he is the best in the wrestling room as a raising 8th grader. That is the problem and if he was my kid and his first love was wrestling, he would be on the move north. In the end it is up to him and his family.

He has a 1st cousin that is younger but is very good also. Might end up being better but smaller.
Robbinsville will be really hood on the mats in a few yrs.

I agree with this statement at this time. His results are the proof in the sport of wrestling. The but is wrestling is such a skill sport I am not sure he can stay at that level and play football. Honestly it would be hard to stay at robbinsville and stay at that level. I bet he is the best in the wrestling room as a raising 8th grader. That is the problem and if he was my kid and his first love was wrestling, he would be on the move north. In the end it is up to him and his family.
No varsity wrestler in the SMC wants on a matt with Kage.

Seth gillis hayesville moves up to varsity this week
If this is true, I am not too crazy about it. Unless something has changed he's probably not ready. They may need another body for Varsity but I would have at less got him in 3 or 4 JV games first. Get his confidence up against boys is age. Its tuff as a "true" freshman on varsity. I don't think he has ever been held back like some.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
If this is true, I am not too crazy about it. Unless something has changed he's probably not ready. They may need another body for Varsity but I would have at less got him in 3 or 4 JV games first. Get his confidence up against boys is age. Its tuff as a "true" freshman on varsity. I don't think he has ever been held back like some.

It's true

saw a post on Facebook, Williams is headed to Nebraska for wrestling. He’s doing everything needed to stay elite in that sport. If I were a betting man, he’s not playing football. Seems his love is wrestling.
Wishful thinking

I heard the big martin boy from Andrews is going on to varsity. Anybody else hearing this?

Very few freshmen are capable of contributing on the variety team
A lot of deference it 14 and 18 year olds

If your from a true 1a team you have to do this sometimes. 2010 we had 3 freshmen that actually played.

Very few freshmen are capable of contributing on the variety team
A lot of deference it 14 and 18 year olds

There is some truth to this. It really depends on age most of the time. Are we talking "true freshman"? It would be rare to have a 14 going on 15 to really contribute a lot. A "red shirt" freshman is different. They can come in and help in 1a ball. Take Mckracken from Murphy for example. He came in and helped right from the start but lets not forget he turned 16 during the season. He is old for a sophomore aged player.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT