ADVERTISEMENT

2019 MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Thread

Mt airys team is subdivided between varsity and jv this year . When this team gets together they will be tough there is a ton of Sophomores playing up I see the best defense playing JV probably got better offensive players on Varsity

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Reidsville vs Mount Airy I think I may bury my head in the sand tomorrow night. LOL Just kidding, I wouldn't miss the old rivalry for anything even though I know what the outcome will be. I was 19 years old turning 20 in December the last time these 2 varsities teams played.o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: Bearfan71
TD you never know last time Reidsville played Mt airy I wasn't born I came along in 1971 and grew up below the Municipal building in Mt airy if I recall right Mt airy won a title right up the street from me against Laurinburg fighting Scott's in 46 in which nowadays they are 4a Scotland county ranked number 6 in the polls this week history is good stuff

North Forsyth 52, North Surry 30

The score is way more lopsided in the final than it really was, we were down between 4-8 points all night pretty much 2nd quarter on, we just run out of gas late. All in all it's probably our most consistent effort through the season so far. JV Offense played the best it has all year.

For all their hype and talk coming in I wasn't very impressed with NF at all, they were just fast and we had a hard time with their WR's. They have 1 really good kid with a weird last name at receiver, he's their offense pretty much. If they keep him and their other WR in house they will be okay in a few years. Their speed reminds me of that JV team Carver had in 2013 under Crowell, fast as hell and hard to keep up with. Unlike that team their line play isn't good.. that will prevent them from being as quality. I don't think they will win the conference at all due to that.. if West or Forbush or Walkertown can keep tabs on their secondary they will beat NF.. they are a trick pony team. If they do win it I'll be 100% surprised.. they just don't have the qualities to be that.

Offense wise we had good balance all night and ran it as well as we through it. Line play on both sides was much better, effort was 100% better, all in all for a loss by the margin we had I'm not a bit in the dumps. Since the 2nd half of last week we have played 100 percent better, just gotta get better at the small things.

West Wilkes 46 East Wilkes 28. West Wilkes lines totally dominated EW, completely blowing them off the ball every play. Gotta hit that weight room gentlemen. Also EW jv and varsity just isn't physical. Lot of big boys on jv., but absolutely no physicality or bad intentions when it comes to hitting the opponent in the mouf!!

West Wilkes 46 East Wilkes 28. West Wilkes lines totally dominated EW, completely blowing them off the ball every play. Gotta hit that weight room gentlemen. Also EW jv and varsity just isn't physical. Lot of big boys on jv., but absolutely no physicality or bad intentions when it comes to hitting the opponent in the mouf!!

East Wilkes has had a history of having really good and dominate middle school programs but failing to transmit that success to the high school. I hope these kids aren't one of those groups.

East Wilkes has had a history of having really good and dominate middle school programs but failing to transmit that success to the high school. I hope these kids aren't one of those groups.

What I'm wondering is was that group purely EW kids or not? Elkin's not fielded teams in middle school the past two years and they went to EW to play for that year then came back.. That sophomore RB Elkin has did that. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them off last year's team were Elkin kids. If so then there's nothing really EW can do.

The multi week gap of them not playing wasn't very smart either.. a bye week or two in non conference is okay but kids that young need experience, may be shooting them in the foot in these close conference games.

Good for West they deserve to have a good class or two. From what I read in the Wilkes paper they have a decent looking middle school team this year so they may be okay in a few years or by next alignment.

Good for West they deserve to have a good class or two. From what I read in the Wilkes paper they have a decent looking middle school team this year so they may be okay in a few years or by next alignment.
Slash, it’s the best looking west group I’ve seen in quite a while. They were big up front, and had some backs that ran hard, I’m not sure what happened in the WC game to them but they dominated them up front but just made to many mistakes to win that ball game.

East Wilkes will not be good at any level of highschool until they learn basic concepts on defense..If your team isn't blessed with speed, then you better make up for it with physicality, if you don't posses either of the two, you will lose and lose royally against decent to average teams almost every time. At this time EW doesn't posses either. It's not that they cant. Just look at the Swain's and Murphy's of the world. Neither are known for having trailblazing speed..but speedy teams rarely beat them, because that speed gets met with with the force of physicality. Ya gotta have one or the other. If you have both then, you're this years edition of East Surry or Tarboro...and will blow out about everyone you face .

This week's Slate:

Mount Airy at North Stokes*
Forbush at North Surry*
Surry Central at Atkins*
Wilkes Central at Elkin*
Carver at West Stokes*
Starmount at East Wilkes*
Ashe at North Wilkes*
West Wilkes at Alleghany*
Walkertown at North Forsyth*

Hope everyone has a good evening! In a time crunch so no write up tonight, my apologies.

Mt Airys jv been pitching some shut outs this year. I think with alot of Sophmores playing up you could be seeing pretty good football team coming up next year

Reactions: GSODbears
You exactly right Bareman in which isn't all bad I know we got good things headed towards us at the Varsity level to blend in on our varsity team if my calculation right they have allowed 36 points in 6 games I didn't even know they were playing north stokes until schedule was released tonight on this thread didn't know if NStokes had JV team or not

West Stokes 42, Carver 6

Carver's finally found an offense but still very late in the year, only 12 points all year for them on JV.

Walkertown 14, North Forsyth 6

Off Max Preps.. if true so much for North Forsyth winning the conference :rolleyes:

Forbush 38, North Surry 28

Ummmm, well we managed to play our best since the Elkin game score wise.. we won the first half and played very hard. Only to thud resoundingly in the 2nd... joys of having an all freshman team. Still we gotta do better.

'Bush has dropped a bit, they aren't bad but nowhere as dominating as last year. Offense isn't bad, they run FB dive killer and love the read option. Their RB's really good. But their defense is their weak point and ultimately what will cost them the JV title. They are nowhere as suffocating as in 2018, if you have athletes you will give them fits all night. We exploited it but we couldn't finish it. Frustrating game if there ever was one.

I think Cartman says it best here:

I'm proud of the kids for improving thru the year.. they have grown a ton since the opener it just doesn't 100% show when we need it. Hopefully we can figure it out the last few weeks. These kids have great potential.. they just need the weight room and some time.

West Stokes is next week.. yipee. Then the last 3.. times flies.

You exactly right Bareman in which isn't all bad I know we got good things headed towards us at the Varsity level to blend in on our varsity team if my calculation right they have allowed 36 points in 6 games I didn't even know they were playing north stokes until schedule was released tonight on this thread didn't know if NStokes had JV team or not
They had 12 players

Tonight's Slate:

South Stokes at Mount Airy*
North Surry at West Stokes*
Elkin at North Wilkes*
Surry Central at Carver*
East Wilkes at Alleghany*
West Wilkes at Starmount*
Forbush at Walkertown*
Wilkes Central at Ashe*
North Forsyth at Atkins*

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Man..didnt see Starmount dominating WW like that. Rams struggled mightily against EW last week...and really if not for a great kicker should've lost. WW on the other hand thoroughly dominated EW the entire game...Thats crazy.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
Man..didnt see Starmount dominating WW like that. Rams struggled mightily against EW last week...and really if not for a great kicker should've lost. WW on the other hand thoroughly dominated EW the entire game...Thats crazy.

That's JV football for you in a nutshell.. a team will be riding high one week and shot down the next. I figured it would been closer though.

Forbush 20, Walkertown 14

Another 2 OT game for the Falcons, very suppressing. Honestly feel that WT's the better of the two teams, guess Forbush just got hyped more and played harder it happens on this level. WT knocked off NF last week and musta felt high up.

Elkin 21, North Wilkes 20

Off Elkin's twitter.. about like expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT