ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2018 Shrine-Bowl date has conflict with NCHSAA Championships

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
I received my Media credential request via email and the date will be Dec. 15th?

The Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas 82nd annual Shrine Bowl Game Week will begin December 09th and conclude with Game Day on Saturday, December 15th with a 1:00 PM kickoff at Gibbs Stadium located on the campus of Wofford College, in Spartanburg, SC.

Same as 2016 when the season was extended a week due to the storm. It is what it is. I hate it for that reason but only a few players (and may be coaches) will miss out on the game. The extended season hurts winter sport footballers and teams especially at the smaller schools. I would like to see the season go to 11 games in 11 weeks. Cut the bye week. Finish a week earlier.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Same as 2016 when the season was extended a week due to the storm. It is what it is. I hate it for that reason but only a few players (and may be coaches) will miss out on the game. The extended season hurts winter sport footballers and teams especially at the smaller schools. I would like to see the season go to 11 games in 11 weeks. Cut the bye week. Finish a week earlier.
Winter sports are definitely impacted by later football playoffs. The only positive for them is that the winter sports season was extended a week (this was done before the 2018-2019 school year). Basketball playoffs won't start until Feb.26 with regional finals on Mar.9 and state championships on Mar.16. (last year the state finals were on Mar.10. This will at least give winter sports an extra week to make up missed games due to football playoffs starting later. Unfortunately for springs sports, they didn't push back their playoffs any, so baseball/softball teams could potentially not have their full lineups for 3 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT