9/14 KM
9/28 @ Mount Pleasant
10/5 Chase
10/12 @ R-S Central
10/19 East Gaston
10/26 @ East Rutherford
11/2 South Point

No Rock Hill South Pointe rematch?

Btango, I was perusing the internet last season the week of our game with SPe and came across an article (and I cant find it) where Coach H stated they would not be playing Shelby this coming season. May have been a team or two on there also beside us they werent playing again...

I was hoping it would have been a home and home ...

Tough non conference schedule.
That's the truth.When the top ten 3a comes out I look for AC,Crest,and KM to all be in the top ten.A much improved Burns team,always tough Freedom and now throw in a 2a powerhouse in Mt Pleasant and that has the Lions again with one of the toughest non conference schedules in the state.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
If schedule dates are correct, Freedom game is on Wednesday. ALWS starts the 16th, and likely reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Good luck to Shelby. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs or at State this year. We were both one game away just last year lol.

ALWS is a big deal to a lot of people, but the start dates have messed up another big deal. The start of SHS football . Looks like it's here to stay, to me, baseball is something to do until the start of football season. I don't hate it, just the timing. Play ball(football that is).

Reactions: beamer24
ALWS is a big deal to a lot of people, but the start dates have messed up another big deal. The start of SHS football . Looks like it's here to stay, to me, baseball is something to do until the start of football season. I don't hate it, just the timing. Play ball(football that is).
And at my house the seasons are looked at just the opposite...
Just checking in. Been busy watching the real "Play ball" sport.
ALWS brings a ton of money into the town every year right? Even ESPN!
Good luck to all football teams next year.

Reactions: daagoob
I realize the influx of money is very important, the exposure of our fair city on espn, all the hundreds of fans and players. In fact I remember in years past Shelby hosted several minor league teams, that was good times I I don't expect that to ever happen again. Any way, it is what it is. I'm just an old dude with old thinking . Go Shelby , the real NC high school football dynasty. And good luck to those American Legion teams, fans and media who are coming this way. Welcome to Shelby!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT