ADVERTISEMENT

2018 northwest 1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdawg74

Nov 4, 2006
With the top 2 teams seeing coaching changes should be a very interesting year to say the least. Whats the Bears , Cards and rest of the league bring to the table this year. Any impact players coming up from the JV ranks, transfered in? Who are the new comers to the league we should be looking for. Whats the eary predictions for league? Whos gonna replace the loses from the top 2 contenders. I know the bears have a big hole to fill at qb , whos the frontrunner, how bout the rest of the teams in the northwest 1a? Lets talk some football , 2 months and counting.

Rinse, lather, repeat. The Cards and the Bears will once again meet for the conference crown at the end of the season.

Bishop, South Stokes, and WS Prep will jostle for the next three positions. Hard to really know cause really all three of these teams are weak.

North Stokes will be just trying to increase numbers to try to compete in a few games after completing the season last year.

Middle school at north stokes was very good last year. They have talent in the pipeline

I think North Stokes will surpass Bishop & WS Prep and might even catch South in a few years, but it will be in a few years. East Surry & Mount Airy will still be the top 2 teams in the conference, and will be 2 of the better teams in the West as well. East Surry has dominated the little league, middle school, and JV levels the last few years and those kids are starting to appear on varsity now. Mount Airy still has very very good athletes that can turn a game around in 1 play.

And they were good two years ago also, but you see how that turned out. So we shall see.

Gotta remember they went thru a coaching change and the kids you are referring to were playing varsity as freshman. The Stanley boys will be phenomenal backs. One has since set out a year at west stokes due to transfer when things got ugly at north. His brother I think is an 8th grader at piney grove . He will be a special player. Those boys have ties to mt airy as the father was a phenomenal back at Ma in his days there. Chris Bruner is the father. They could very well play 500 ball this year. Exspecially in a conference as weak as the Northweat 1a is. 2 man race at the top , 3rd place and back could be fun to shake out.

I see the Bears ruling the roost this year with a new qb. and coach just saying any team with a future Duke standout is going to be tough just saying even with new coach plus got a helluva running back

I remember Chris to heck of a good ball player need to get those kids mt airy mail box just saying

Bear71 the bears are gonna be VERY good again. Looking forward to seeing kaulin Smith in a bear uniform. He’s gonna be an instant highlight reel in the slot and out of the back field. Great addition to Johnothan Smith. Dieff no shortage of skill in the granite city this year. Hearing great numbers in the weight room this spring as well. Heard kaulin had several d1 schools looking at him in track and johnothon was at Wofford recently Gonna be a fun year. Illuminati with those fresh 4 star ratings the Greene kid is getting the sky’s the limit. Hard to see wake Forrest getting him with those kind of numbers. More like a Notre Dame. Heard thru the vine that Penn State was getting ready to offer. Sky’s the limit. Great kid.

Reactions: Bearfan71
1 and 2's gonna be the same for the rest of alignment bearing an asteroid or nuke taking the city of MA or Pilot out for the next 20/30 years. They will flip back and forth the next couple of years.

The Northwest sadly like with Reidsville's conference is a tragedy compared to where it was when I was 10/11 years old or even when I played. MA and East dominate and never have much challenges. Just imagine how good either one would be if they had at least 1 other team to worry about? We all tried to fix it back to the early 2010's last alignment set up yet the state heard none of it. Oh well; maybe some changes will come in 2020.

As for the rest of the conference:

3 I'll give to South. They still have several kids in house that did really good on JV 2 years back. They actually beat Carver which is huge for a school like South. I like their new HC he does the best he can with what he has considering their ADM's have dropped like crazy. They had a transition year last year but considering he did more than Frasher and that other guy in 1 year; says a lot. If he can keep the momentum they can have a good year or two to end the decade. The future looks a little bleak but if the HC can get morale up then they can maybe not fall apart so dramatically.

4. I'll give to Prep; but they have the athletes to get to third if they can put it all together. They have the horses to contend year in and out but their stability is seriously lacking. It's always a collapse of some kind every year and a program cannot survive like that. This year may be the prove it year; depth still isn't killer (only 21 kids on Max Preps so far with 12 seniors,) and they have a majority of seniors coming back. They gotta get attention or else they may have #'s issues next year.

The non conference schedule will get way harder as they have Walkertown and South Meck on the schedule. Could be another rough start but might make them battle tested. Their QB could be one of the bigger playmakers in the conference. Good size and a good arm; passed for 400 yards according to MP on South Stokes.. wow. Considering CSD beat them last year due to their QB I believe it.

5. I'll give to Bishop. They could also perhaps do better; it just depends on what depth and talent they have coming back. Depth still isn't great but if they can get some new kids in it might make the difference. I like the new HC; he managed to turn them around midway from being very down to winning several games. That upset of Atkins was huge for them and changed that whole year. He may be a solid coach for them. He replaced the DC so he wants to make the defense better. They gotta improve there to truly be a contender.

6. Last but not least is our favorite underdogs North Stokes. They may not have won on the field last year but they made it in the words of Ivan Drago "To tha end," and that's the most important win they coulda had. Sessoms made the Danbury Vikings tough again after a very disheartening 2016 season (could tell that from the film I watched of last year the other day. They all hit hard and tried their hardest; in 2016 it seemed they were like deer in the lights.)

This year I expect more from the Vikings. In fact I think they can win 1 this year. I guess people will call me nuts for that; but I've heard far worse in my days.. They really could have won last year vs. Patrick County; they were just too young and not ready for the situation. This year I see them being the opposite; they will be a junior filled squad if all those kids on their '17 roster come out. These kids have been thru the ringer and have been hit tested. Sessoms will make them tougher and once they learn his system (not such 100% wing anymore; seen them running I and single back last year,) they could maybe make things happen. Their game vs. Alleghany may be a fun one; same with North Moore too. Patrick will again be a thriller. If the Danbury boys can get a dub the whole area will go wild and enthusiasm will be up. If they get 2.. oh wow. They will be definitly ahead of schedule.

Not to mention the really good kids they have on their middle school team (some of the hardest hitting kids I've ever seen on that level.) They can have some nice runs ahead of them perhaps if Sessoms is allowed to work his stuff.

ma and east surry will be top dogs again!!!! but i think bishop will take 3rd. they beat prep and lost to ss by a score of 11-7. shut out n. stokes 31-0 and beat prep 21-12 so defense was ok in conference. soooo bishop third they have quite a few seniors coming back so expect them to be better. wsp will be better will alot of athletes. ss returns their top 2 rushers and n stokes will just try and build off last year

I can see Bishop in 3rd too; they were very well coached down the stretch last year. The new HC got them going about halfway and turned them around when most others woulda been happy with a win considering how they started.

South needs to be more offensive productive but that's a good thing for them especially if they stay in the Wing.

Prep will probably spread it out again which is that QB's talent. He can run it and throw it.

Will North Stokes have a team this season? I have heard that numbers at workouts have been very very low. Hopefully they get it turned around.

A fairly weak conference got weaker. Mount Airy will still be good although not to the level as last year’s team. East Surry got rid of a legend so all bets are off with ES. South Stokes, WSP, and Bishop will struggle. North Stokes will struggle until deer season starts.

A fairly weak conference got weaker. Mount Airy will still be good although not to the level as last year’s team. East Surry got rid of a legend so all bets are off with ES. South Stokes, WSP, and Bishop will struggle. North Stokes will struggle until deer season starts.
Ignore this plant by NCPrep. He knows nothing about all the conferences he is posting on. Just trying to get views to keep attention to NCPRep. He shows as a expert on all conferences if you watch his posts. I saw where he was a Rosman fan then earlier when I asked who he supported it was Starmount. He has 2 user names on here or created a new one, I say he may be a Mod. Member sense 2017 and an expert all over the start. Just watch his posts as I have. Gave me Hell to keep that thread alive. This is BS as he is.Hate to see people like him and several other plants over the years stir crap only to keep threads alive. I have seen his posts all over the west . Keep an eye open and watch. I have been on here over 10 years and can spot them right off. So What Is you Other User Namer Mr. Lake Man. Trust me and watch on ever conference. Give me Hell and I will call you out ! ! ! Northwest Conference agee or not ..... Just like fake news ! ! ! ! Don't take my word for it ,just hide and watch as I have as I have 10 yeras on him. Promiss that is all I will say on this agitator,just watch and read his posts.

Last edited:
I actually think Lake Man's post is pretty spot on. Goes along with all the other predictions.
Sorry I have been watching him/her for a while and it is not hard to repeat what others say. I may be wrong but I have kept an eye on his post all over the board. I value you opinion though and thanks for keeping it clean responce.Debates don't have to be down in the dirt and personal.

Last edited:
Ignore this plant by NCPrep. He knows nothing about all the conferences he is posting on. Just trying to get views to keep attention to NCPRep. He shows as a expert on all conferences if you watch his posts. I saw where he was a Rosman fan then earlier when I asked who he supported it was Starmount. He has 2 user names on here or created a new one, I say he may be a Mod. Member sense 2017 and an expert all over the start. Just watch his posts as I have. Gave me Hell to keep that thread alive. This is BS as he is.Hate to see people like him and several other plants over the years stir crap only to keep threads alive. I have seen his posts all over the west . Keep an eye open and watch. I have been on here over 10 years and can spot them right off. So What Is you Other User Namer Mr. Lake Man. Trust me and watch on ever conference. Give me Hell and I will call you out ! ! ! Northwest Conference agee or not ..... Just like fake news ! ! ! ! Don't take my word for it ,just hide and watch as I have as I have 10 yeras on him. Promiss that is all I will say on this agitator,just watch and read his posts.

There are a lot of people that have had and probably still has 2 user names. It is hard to monitor. Not sure what you mean about getting attention to NcPrep. Anyone that you feel is a plant or has 2 user names, send Ms. Deana an email or a private message.(notice I didn’t say me) I have the feeling you think I am Lake Man, since I am the only moderator listed on this site. I can prove that it is not me, can you prove that it is?

I will respectfully ask that no one else that no else respond. I am going to let FNL has the last word, then lock it.

Gdawg, please start another thread about NW1A conference.

Spot on...you know the conference is horrible if Bishop is 3rd.

There are a lot of people that have had and probably still has 2 user names. It is hard to monitor. Not sure what you mean about getting attention to NcPrep. Anyone that you feel is a plant or has 2 user names, send Ms. Deana an email or a private message.(notice I didn’t say me) I have the feeling you think I am Lake Man, since I am the only moderator listed on this site. I can prove that it is not me, can you prove that it is?

I will respectfully ask that no one else that no else respond. I am going to let FNL has the last word, then lock it.

Sorry, posted before I saw your post

Would not surprise me to see East and the Bears play in the western regional final. I think both teams will be that good and I do follow this conference and these two teams close and have for several years. Talent level on both teams to play very deep In the playoffs. I look for a very big year out of gosnell, boaz, smith, Edwards and ray from east , should be the best team out of pilot mtn since the Griggs era , imho . Bears are loaded at the skill positions. New qb will have weapons all over the field. Time will tell. But there is a lot of hype behind both this year. Time will tell .

It’s not me or Sportsnut, so drop it!
Sorry but it is someone that I reconize . Sounds a lot like Everhardt, Maybe not. Anyone else reconize the still. He always joined with 3D and they gave me 4ell 2 years ago and Everhardt Forever was on every conference as is The Lake Man.I think he got bared or stopped posting.

No Need To lock as I said below who I think it is.Just watch all his posts.

Last edited:
Lock it , new thread going. No need to have two threads about the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT