At East Davidson
South Rowan
At West Davidson
Thomasville
At Lexington
Central Davidson
At Salisbury
Ledford

With Oak Grove starting varsity this year, Asheville got replaced. I'm hoping the CCC is stronger this year, especially Thomasville. Our nonconference schedule is fine but we need more than just that and Ledford to prepare for the playoffs. Should be a good year, can't wait already :)

NUT!!! What’ Up buddy? How’s that Butz kid doing these days? That boy was good. Hope you are well. Catholic is ready for another championship run my brother and a lot of talent returns for 2018. Good luck.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
10 team conference is brutal. Wish North Davidson could play Reidsville would be epic. East Davidson and Thomasville should be in the Pac7 with Trinity, Wheatmore, and HP Andrews

NUT!!! What’ Up buddy? How’s that Butz kid doing these days? That boy was good. Hope you are well. Catholic is ready for another championship run my brother and a lot of talent returns for 2018. Good luck.

How goes it, Foot? Do me a favor and crank out some old stuff when we play Davie County lol. Butts is playing baseball at Catawba after a great multiple sport career. Wish he had gotten more attention as a QB, but scouts like their measurables lol. I hear ya on Catholic, they have that system running like a machine. Good luck to you and them this year my friend.

I look for 2018 to be a VERY good year for North Davidson. I honestly think the 2018 team will be better than the 2017 team that was a game away from playing for the state title. If I'm correct, the Black Knights return something like 17 of their 22 starters from the 2017 team that was full of sophomores and juniors. I think 10 of their 11 starters on defense are back, and 7 of 11 starters on offense are back. They do have to replace the QB and RB, but ND always seems to do a good job of doing that. They will also get some very good talent off a JV team that went undefeated, and I believe won every game by 3 TD's or more. They also beat a JV team with the greatest amount of football talent in America (Oak Grove), something like 38-0 and it could have been worse.:);)

Well you guys will get to see early at the Parkland Jamboree looks like several really good teams will be there

East Forsyth
Parkland
Charlotte Catholic
North Davidson
Mt Tabor
Alexander Central
Riverside
West Montgomery

Excellent group for the jamboree. As for Oak Grove, I expect they may get their tails whipped a bit this year. They should still probably beat West and Central though...

Well you guys will get to see early at the Parkland Jamboree looks like several really good teams will be there

East Forsyth
Parkland
Charlotte Catholic
North Davidson
Mt Tabor
Alexander Central
Riverside
West Montgomery
what is the date of this scrimmage?

Wouldn't that make it the PAC9?

Then that would be almost as brutal as a 10 team conference. :)
IMO Thomasville should have went to PAC7 and North should have played 3A and it would be a much better situation for all concerned.

In that case move South Rowan out and leave T-Ville in.
I hear you. When the conference was realigned, that apparently was not an option. Thomasville was left out and appealed the decision. The other conference schools spoke up and supported Thomasville's inclusion. I believe Thomasville, Lexington and Salisbury are the three schools which have been in the conference consistently since at least the 1950's. That shouldn't change unless one of them moves up or down.

I hear you. When the conference was realigned, that apparently was not an option. Thomasville was left out and appealed the decision. The other conference schools spoke up and supported Thomasville's inclusion. I believe Thomasville, Lexington and Salisbury are the three schools which have been in the conference consistently since at least the 1950's. That shouldn't change unless one of them moves up or down.
Didn't Lexington play 4A a couple of years in the early 70's?

Except for Thomasville. Huge loser at the gate, if nothing else.

You sure about that? Thomasville biggest games are ND, Salisbury and Lexington. They could easily play those teams in there non conference.

Games and new Rivalries with Trinity, Wheatmore, Randleman and HP Andrews could be very lucrative simply based on proximity

Reactions: bigtime_87
You sure about that? Thomasville biggest games are ND, Salisbury and Lexington. They could easily play those teams in there non conference.

Games and new Rivalries with Trinity, Wheatmore, Randleman and HP Andrews could be very lucrative simply based on proximity
Champ not arguing the validity of this...

What about the other three teams PG, JM and ER?

Except for JM and Andrews all the PAC7 teams are Randolph county schools. Those rivalries have always existed naturally. You can throw JM in there as well because of its proximity to most.

Andrews is the only outlier in the new conference as far as rivalry goes.

East Davidson and Ledford are as big for most fans as Salisbury and North Davidson. Probably bigger for most. A lot of East and Ledford families live inside the city limits of Thomasville. Probably half of the East families have at least one parent who attended Thomasville. They see each other in church, restaurants, the grocery store and the workplace daily. Those factors make the games very important.
There is no rivalry with any schools in the other conference, other than Andrews. And, as I’ve said before, I don’t believe that’s a healthy one.

There certainly was some bad blood between Andrews and Tville a few years ago. To the point that coaches were getting into after game shenanigans...

Reactions: ocdavis31
Based on a 25% model the next realignment would shake up the CCC. ND and Ledford will move up to 3A. ED/CD/WD/SR/Lex/Salisbury/OG will all be 800-1000 and 2A. Thomasville should be able to drop down to 1A if the numbers stay around 680. .

I would like to see a conference that consists of Thomasville, Lexington, E. Davidson, W. Davidson, C. Davidson, TW Andrews and Oak Grove. Good mix of city and county schools and offers some potential for rivalry and gates. Clears room for five non-conference games for each school instead of the current 2 non-conference games in a ten team league.

Ledford and ND go into the 3A Mid Piedmont and Salisbury/SR join the Rocky river 2A.

Based on a 25% model the next realignment would shake up the CCC. ND and Ledford will move up to 3A. ED/CD/WD/SR/Lex/Salisbury/OG will all be 800-1000 and 2A. Thomasville should be able to drop down to 1A if the numbers stay around 680. .

I would like to see a conference that consists of Thomasville, Lexington, E. Davidson, W. Davidson, C. Davidson, TW Andrews and Oak Grove. Good mix of city and county schools and offers some potential for rivalry and gates. Clears room for five non-conference games for each school instead of the current 2 non-conference games in a ten team league.

Ledford and ND go into the 3A Mid Piedmont and Salisbury/SR join the Rocky river 2A.
Could happen. I hope not, but I don’t get a vote.

I don’t believe so. In looking at the records, they appear to have been in the same conference throughout that time.
Well this I do know since it was when I played. North, Lexington & Thomasville were all in the 3A North Piedmont Conference.

Well this I do know since it was when I played. North, Lexington & Thomasville were all in the 3A North Piedmont Conference.
Yes sir. And Lexington and Thomasville were in the South Piedmont Conference in the old WNCHSAA.

First, if Thomasville would not have been admitted into the CCC, it would have been a disaster for the THS athletic department as far as gate money goes. Being in the "All Davidson County Conference" (except for South Davidson) was the best thing for Thomasville High School. Secondly, I've heard from more than one person, that when realignment comes around again, that North Davidson, Ledford and Oak Grove will go to 3A. Will it happen? We'll see.

There certainly was some bad blood between Andrews and Tville a few years ago. To the point that coaches were getting into after game shenanigans...

False. This was Thomasville and High Point Central whose coaches got into it after their game. Thomasville quit playing Andrews again after Andrews beat them by 4+ scores two years in a row.

Oak grove will have solid 2A numbers at full enrollment. Ledford snd North have and will still have 3a numbers and should have been there this year.

https://www.eteamz.com/centralcarolina/news/index.cfm?cat=264015

This is a great site with very quick score and standing updates. I don’t know who runs it, but hats off to them.

The link above lists the history of the CCC and shows who played in the conference and when. It has Lexington joining in 1985.
Prior to that, some of the teams, including Thomasville and Lexington, were in the old South Piedmont, then the North Piedmont conferences.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
False. This was Thomasville and High Point Central whose coaches got into it after their game. Thomasville quit playing Andrews again after Andrews beat them by 4+ scores two years in a row.
Thomasville vs. Andrews 2012. Andrews won 34-7 and there were some strong words between coaches afterward. My son was playing and I was there.

Dickie Cline, 1 individual was salty because they got taken to the woodshed and he still has beef over not getting that job twice now. There was a skirmish that same year following Thomasville vs high point Central game.

We’ve been down this rabbit hole before OC and I respect you but we have very different views of what happened with Thomasville during those few years with a select few coaches on staff. Prob not even worth us hijacking this thread over.

We’ve been down this rabbit hole before OC and I respect you but we have very different views of what happened with Thomasville during those few years with a select few coaches on staff. Prob not even worth us hijacking this thread over.
I agree completely. Thanks.

First, if Thomasville would not have been admitted into the CCC, it would have been a disaster for the THS athletic department as far as gate money goes. Being in the "All Davidson County Conference" (except for South Davidson) was the best thing for Thomasville High School. Secondly, I've heard from more than one person, that when realignment comes around again, that North Davidson, Ledford and Oak Grove will go to 3A. Will it happen? We'll see.
My bet is that North and Ledford will go 3A but Oak Grove will remain 2A at the next realignment. The Midway area is not growing as far as students are concerned.

No, but isn't the dividing line Enterprise Rd? If that's the case oak grove will still get growth from that part of Arcadia. As for wallburg, no idea but I could see Winston Salem people moving there too...

The dividing line on the ND side is Old Hwy 52 and NC Hwy 150. There is growth to be expected at OGHS as commissioners just approved a 76 apartment development next to the Hickory Tree Rd Sheetz.

March ADM's CD 899, ED 837, LHS 1072, ND 1202, OG 488, WD 731. Based on those numbers OG will be 950-1000 or more at realignment. Thomasville is around 680-690 and not sure about Lexington (last I saw around 750-800). Big THS and WD are 300-500 students smaller than those other schools. If 10% of those are athletes that is a lot of kids.

March ADM's CD 899, ED 837, LHS 1072, ND 1202, OG 488, WD 731. Based on those numbers OG will be 950-1000 or more at realignment. Thomasville is around 680-690 and not sure about Lexington (last I saw around 750-800). Big THS and WD are 300-500 students smaller than those other schools. If 10% of those are athletes that is a lot of kids.
If East is at 837, they’ve lost a lot of kids. They’ve been over 1000 for the last few years.

Central is the one I don't get. Plenty of students, not a bad number of athletes, and they are absolutely awful.

West and Tville would both be better off in 1A, although I love them being in the CCC. The only anomaly in the conference is South Rowan...

Central is the one I don't get. Plenty of students, not a bad number of athletes, and they are absolutely awful.

West and Tville would both be better off in 1A, although I love them being in the CCC. The only anomaly in the conference is South Rowan...
Nut I think most know the answer to that one but I'm not gonna go there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT