ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Jr and Sr state tournaments

I live about 70 miles closer to Atlanta , GA than I do Manteo, nc and I live in area 3, what about people in area 4?
I could see some team winning the area and deciding not to go. As of mid March there was no rooms booked for Legion officials or teams.

I could see some team winning the area and deciding not to go. As of mid March there was no rooms booked for Legion officials or teams.
teams want know if they are going to the tournament until about a week before it starts. there is not a team in SC farther away from here (i live near charlotte) than Manteo. NC

teams want know if they are going to the tournament until about a week before it starts. there is not a team in SC farther away from here (i live near charlotte) than Manteo. NC
You missed my point, I mean rooms will probably not be available and if they are it could be $200+ per night.

Reactions: TigerDen2
need to play tournament closer to the center of state, Eastern Randolph is close to center of state the regional is in asheboro and WS is in Shelby every year.

Last edited:
the geographic center of the state is in Chatham county , about 10 NW of Stanford or 10 south of Siler City not near a town. nearest place is Harpers Crossroads, near the end of Flatwood creek road , Asheboro is the closest large town, Stanford 2nd closest , if NC state tournament were held there some people would stay for the regional

Last edited:
the geographic center of the state is in Chatham county , about 10 NW of Stanford or 10 south of Siler City not near a town. nearest place is Harpers Crossroads, near the end of Flatwood creek road , Asheboro is the closest large town, Stanford 2nd closest , if NC state tournament were held there some people would stay for the regional

BASEBALLFAN1955....You are wrong as far as Stanford is concerned. It is in California. It is Sanford. As far about regionals, there are pro and cons for rotating areas for the state tournament. I think we should rotate each year due to the fact that each area can show it's charm and every team has to travel each year. I agree that there are cons and how Manteo baseball officials solve the problem, I am not sure. I certainly hope that they blocks the rooms for the teams. (hopefully they do, think way ahead of time)

There is a USGS benchmark just off US 220 in Star that marks the geographic center of NC.

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT