ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Realigned Northwest Conference

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Deana I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread on our idea for a new 2017 Realigned Northwest Conference.I didn't want to hijack. KevinFroSwains thread any more than I did.What is your choice of an all 1A NW Conference.

The thought of having an all 1A Conference is nice but it will not always work. May not be enough 1A schools in that one area,
Or 2A school's. If it was not for 2-A/1-A Mountain Valley, What would you do with Ashe County?

The next realignment for the Northwest 1A needs to be Alleghany, East Surry, East Wikes, Elkin, Mount Airy & Startmount.

The Western Piedmont 1A/2A should be Atkins, Bishop, Carver, North Stokes, South Stokes, Walkertown, West Stokes, WS-Prep.
The Mountain Valley 2A Ashe County, North Wilkes, North Surry, South Stokes, Surry Central, West Stokes, West Wilkes, Wilkes Central.

Please feel free to build your own.

South Stokes is almost certain to drop back down to 1A next realignment, so you will have to adjust your conferences accordingly fullcycle

South Stokes can drop to 1A and still stay in The Western Piedmont 1A/2A Atkins, Bishop, Carver, North Stokes, South Stokes, Walkertown, West Stokes, WS-Prep..... ( Carver Walkertown & West Stokes will be 2A )

Originally posted by fullcycle:
I show them in an 1A/2A Conference. Just like Walkertown Going 2A
You had them listed in the Mountain Valley 2A conference too.

I guess that was a typo or am I just looking at it wrong?

This post was edited on 11/30 11:57 PM by mbdfan

mbdfan Are you coming off that mountain for any of the games.

Would love to meet some of the SMC guys .

This post was edited on 12/1 10:19 AM by photo0001

Yeah the Stokes schools would never allow their selves to be in the M Valley due to travel times mainly. But here's some trivia:

West was close to joining in 2001 but when Ashe and the Caldwell schools got put in they hightailed it out for the Davidson Co conference. South was supposed to join in 2009 due to moving up to 2A (which they got out of a year or so later,) and they rejected it and came forward with the split Northwest.

Since I'm a nerd at this I have some scenarios I made up since the SNF game is boring as sin.

#1:

NW 2A/1A: East Surry 1A, Elkin 1A, Forbush 2A, MA 1A, North Surry 2A, Starmount 1A, and Surry Central 2A

M Valley 2A/1A: Ashe Co 2A, Alleghany 1A, East Wilkes 1A, North Wilkes 2A, West Wilkes 1A, and Wilkes Central 2A

WPAC
2A/1A
: Atkins 1A, Bishop 1A, Carver 2A or 1A (Close to both,) North Stokes 1A, South Stokes 1A, West Stokes 2A, Walkertown 2A (They have small 2A #'s now,) and WS Prep 1A.

Split conferences Ahoy!

#2:

NW 1A: Alleghany, East Surry, East Wilkes, Elkin, Mount Airy, North Stokes, South Stokes, Starmount and West Wilkes

MV 2A: Ashe County, Forbush, North Surry, North Wilkes, Surry Central and Wilkes Central

WPAC 2A/1A: Atkins, Bishop, Carver, Walkertown, West Stokes, WS Prep

This goes back to the 1997/2001 conferences.

#3:

NW 1A: Alleghany, East Surry, East Wilkes, Elkin, Mount Airy, Starmount and West Wilkes

MV 2A: Ashe County, Forbush, North Surry, North Wilkes, Surry Central and Wilkes Central

WPAC 2A/1A:
Eden Morehead (Now with Solid 2AA #'s,) McMichael (Border 2AA #'s,)
North Stokes, South Stokes, Walkertown, West Stokes, WS Prep

Same as earlier but Atkins and Carver as well as Bishop go to the PAC conference with HP Andrews and the two borderline Rockingham county schools get put in.

This post was edited on 12/1 12:32 AM by Slasher Killer

Trying to make the NorthWest with all 1A schools No 2A.... We can still play our ususlly 2A schools as non-conference Games

I see where you have West Wilkes 1A. I was thinking they were 2A. Are do you see there numbers dropping?

My thoughts are:

Northwest 1A: Alleghany, East Surry, East Wilkes, Elkin, Mount Airy, North Stokes, South Stokes, and Starmount.

Mountain Valley 2A: Ashe, North Wilkes, West Wilkes, Wilkes Central, Surry Central, North Surry, Forbush

Western Piedmont 1A/2A: Walkertown, Atkins, Carver, Bishop McGuinness, WS Prep, West Stokes

Originally posted by photo0001:
mbdfan Are you coming off that mountain for any of the games.

Would love to meet some of the SMC guys
photo, I may try to come out to Raleigh for the 1A/1AA championship games, I'd love to meet you or any other prep posters that are interested if I do.

I've always had great respect for you photo, you're a true fan and have always exhibited great class on these boards. There's many posters that could take from your example, including myself at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT