ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Frank Spencer Tournament

knights4

Feb 28, 2002
It's still early but just curious what everyone thinks the brackets will look like for the Frank Spencer tournament. Two 8 team brackets. How would you rank them? Let's get some basketball talk started! No particular order (although Prep should be overall #1 seed in Champions bracket).

W-S Prep
Mount Tabor
East Forsyth
West Forsyth
North Forsyth
Walkertown
Parkland
Atkins
Carver
Reynolds
Glenn
Reagan
West Stokes
South Stokes
North Surry
Mount Airy

W-S Prep
East Forsyth
North Forsyth
Mount Tabor
Mount Airy
West Forsyth
Parkland
Atkins

Walkertown
West Stokes
South Stokes
Reynolds
Reagan
North Surry
Carver
Glenn

Based on this point in the early season. That is how they could be seeded. A lot of close calls for seeding.

Prep
Tabor
East Fo
West Fo
North Fo
Mount Airy
South Stokes
Parkland

West Stokes
Walkertown
Atkins
Reynolds
Reagan
North Surry
Glenn
Carver

Brackets are out
Champions Bracket
1 Prep
8 Parkland

4 West Forsyth
5 North Forsyth

3 East Forsyth
6 Mt. Airy

2 Mt. Tabor
7 South Stokes

Pepsi Bracket
9 Reynolds
16 Carver

12 Atkins
13 North Surry

11 Walkertown
14 Reagan

10 West Stokes
15 Glenn

What is the deal with Glenn and Carver? I understand Carver not being consistently average more so than Glenn as Carver has to deal with the hand that WS/FCS dealt them with Walkertown and Atkins being in such close proximity.

I'm really digging that Champions bracket. Should be some real good games throughout. I think it'll come down to Prep and Tabor. Prep better not look past Parkland that first round though......

What is the deal with Glenn and Carver? I understand Carver not being consistently average more so than Glenn as Carver has to deal with the hand that WS/FCS dealt them with Walkertown and Atkins being in such close proximity.

With open enrollment it's all about the Coach's ability to attract players with 5 schools in a five mile radius. Carver, East, Walkertown, Prep and Atkins

With open enrollment it's all about the Coach's ability to attract players with 5 schools in a five mile radius. Carver, East, Walkertown, Prep and Atkins

I agree, and I don't think some AD's fully understand that when hiring. Mediocrity breads mediocrity, and it shows in certain sports at certain WS/FCS High Schools. High School AD's and Administrators should want all programs to be successful and hire coaches that will do everything they can to achieve success by the student-athletes in the classroom and on the playing field, gym, or whatever is may be. But then again, some Administrators micro manage High School AD's to much, empower them to do the job they have along with teaching responsibilities. If AD's are not looking to improve programs and facilities at a school, are they really giving it their all....something to ponder.

As far as the Pepsi Bracket, I'm not sure who the favorite is. I think either Reynolds, West Stokes, or Walkertown will win it. I've got to go see Walkertown PG Jalen Cone play sometime.

I like Atkins or West Stokes in the Pepsi Bracket...Walkertown has Cone but a one man show won't win every game as evident by their record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT