ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Cleveland County Jamboree

It's been a tough week for getting things ready. The weather didn't cooperate for getting the field totally painted, but the essential lines, ticks and numbers are there. I think the cutting schedule got off track too, but the field looks pretty good all things considered.

I guess if we look at the bright side, we don't play at home until Sept 1, so I guess we saved a little on paint LOL.

It's a good line-up, the best scrimmage format, just hoping the weather cooperates so we can get a good gate, so all the teams can benefit from that.

Completed the new concession stand last year. Paved the concourse area behind the press box, but have not started the Pressbox Project yet.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
Anyone know where we can listen? I was listening to the Crest game but it cut away to the cows

Slow soft Shelby getting the big head 34-6 in the first half against a slippery fingered JM Robinson! So not impressed!

Dang Seadog we only scored 48 in the 2 quarter jamboree ..

Gave up a long kickoff return and then two td passes in the second quarter though

Shelby74 go to YouTube and look up ktcbroadcasting live they are showing video of entire jamboree

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Okay, SL. Please count on us to give you the ball everytime we line up on offense. Please count on is to lay down like a Robinson doormat. Please deflate some heads over there.. Beside Malik and Dax, I thought I was watching Stuart Cramer vs Lake Norman Charter!

Beamer

They had I believe #22 run a kickoff back on us and was very quick but they had one first down until the reserves came in ... don't know if they are pitiful like dingleberry says but they turned it over like four times not much more to say about them tonight wasn't a good judge of their talent level

Beamer

They had I believe #22 run a kickoff back on us and was very quick but they had one first down until the reserves came in ... don't know if they are pitiful like dingleberry says but they turned it over like four times not much more to say about them tonight wasn't a good judge of their talent level

Mister dingle berry to you, Shelby Bulldog! :)

Jay M wasnt a very good team, but lance not showing much either.
Line comming round good.
D gave up few small things but he was sub in and out.
Our kick coverage is terrible, gotta get to working on this quick

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Don't drink the kool aid on JM being that terrible, because they're not. We just made them look bad. We have another special defense. Young Jack Hollifield, a freshman, is going to be hell. He's fast, powerful, has that motor like his brother, and plays to the whistle. He was disruptive all night.

Offensively, I loved that we had little to no penalties, and clean center to quarterback exchanges. We're stacked at runningback. All four had their moments, the sophomore, Dunlap, was impressive. Scott didn't get many touches, but he has shown some speed in the preseason. Sarratt, who put on 15 pounds of muscle in the preseason, is more confident now, and knows it's his offense to lead. He had some throws he'd like back, but he made plays and displayed leadership. The offensive line is actually ahead of schedule, in my opinion. That's going to be a good unit. The coaches have been please w/ them thus far. We will be fine this year. We lost a lot of players from last season's team, and those outside of the program are sleeping on us, but they will wake up soon enough.

Last edited:
Don't drink the kool aid on JM being that terrible, because they're not. We just made them look bad. We have another special defense. Young Jack Hollifield, a freshman, is going to be hell. He's fast, powerful, has that motor like brother, and plays to the whistle. He was disruptive all night.

Offensively, I loved that we had little to no penalties, and clean center to quarterback exchanges. We're stacked at runningback. All four had their moments, the sophomore, Dunlap, was impressive. Scott didn't get many touches, but he has shown some speed in the preseason. Sarratt, who put on 15 pounds of muscle in the preseason, is more confident now, and knows it's his offense to lead. He had some throws he'd like back, but he made plays and displayed leadership. The offensive line is actually ahead of schedule, in my opinion. That's going to be a good unit. The coaches have been please w/ them thus far. We will be fine this year. We lost a lot of players from last season's team, and those outside of the program are sleeping on us, but they will wake up soon enough.

LA, who's drinking the kool aid? Way slow on the dl. Throwing against air on offense. Defenders (JM) with feet sunken in concrete. You played a 2a jv team! Congrats!

Seadog, South, and Statesville say yall didnt look so hot either Wed.
And you were scared to play hibriten tonight, it was clear tonight

Seadog, South, and Statesville say yall didnt look so hot either Wed.
And you were scared to play hibriten tonight, it was clear tonight

Yeah, that's us. We're afraid of our own shadows. Have you seen our shadows? They're scary!

Reactions: beamer24
Don't worry, LA. I'll put out the word to keep #12's jersey clean. The rest of you girls are free game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT