ADVERTISEMENT

2017 2A Football toughest Schedule

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
This should be a great discussion

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Shelby has a whale of a schedule. I'd put them first if no one else has a challenge.

North Davidson faces Mount Tabor, Davie County, and Asheville in nonconference but with maybe a couple of exceptions should roll in conference easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Pretty tough road for Clinton this year not the toughest but definitely noteworthy

Non Conference playing 2016 4A runner up Cape Fear first game of the year....East Bladen always a top tier 2A team out east....2016 2AA runner up and now 3A Northside-Jacksonville ...and 3A Southern Lee

Conference play James Kenen,Wallace Rose-Hill, and East Duplin

Carver

Non Conference

Dudley
West Forsyth
Glenn
East Forsyth
Parkland

Every team had a winning records and was a playoff team last year in 4A with Dudley winning the state title in Samll and East and West Forsyth making to the 3rd round in 4A /4AA with Parkland and Glenn winning 7 games in 4A

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Carver

Non Conference

Dudley
West Forsyth
Glenn
East Forsyth
Parkland

Every team had a winning records and was a playoff team last year in 4A with Dudley winning the state title in Samll and East and West Forsyth making to the 3rd round in 4A /4AA with Parkland and Glenn winning 7 games in 4A

That's the first toughest. Then Shelby, North Davidson probably 3rd.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Pretty tough road for Clinton this year not the toughest but definitely noteworthy

Non Conference playing 2016 4A runner up Cape Fear first game of the year....East Bladen always a top tier 2A team out east....2016 2AA runner up and now 3A Northside-Jacksonville ...and 3A Southern Lee

I'd say every team in our conference has a tough road ahead of them. I'll say this now with a decent amount of confidence. Whoever wins the conference will make it to State Championship

Reactions: enuff_znuff
I'd say every team in our conference has a tough road ahead of them. I'll say this now with a decent amount of confidence. Whoever wins the conference will make it to State Championship

Well with James Kenen and Wallace Rose-Hill small 2A and East Duplin and Clinton going big 2AA again could possibly have two teams make it to State........but wayyyyyyyyy too early to worry bout that

Well with James Kenen and Wallace Rose-Hill small 2A and East Duplin and Clinton going big 2AA again could possibly have two teams make it to State........but wayyyyyyyyy too early to worry bout that
It's early you're right but I see the level of competition in this conference being better than every other one in the East. In our classification

Nether of those 2 state champs would beat either West or East Forsyth and Dudley would whip any team on that schedule.

I'm gonna go with Carver's schedule as well cause I also factor in the ability or inability to compete at the level of the schedule. In a vacuum Shelby has a difficult schedule but in all honesty how many of those teams really pose a true threat to Shelby? Now Rock Hill South Pointe is maybe the best team on either schedule but I fully expect Shelby to handle them. Now in Carver's case I'm not sure they win a game in that non-conference schedule. So I say that Carver has the relatively toughest schedule maybe in the state. And I know the worst team in the state may have the toughest schedule but with regards to the spirit of the question in gonna say Carver.

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
I'll give you Dudley, and I think it would be a good game. But if you think west or east forsyth are on the level of Rock Hill South Pointe you are delusional. South Pointe beat Mallard Creek last year and won state in SC last year. Something west and east haven't done lately. East came close a couple of years ago, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Overall schedule wise, I may go with Carver but it's not that clear-cut.

South Pointe is good no doubt. West Forsyth beat Ac Reynolds just last year. Carvers non conf schedule is just a tad bit better, but Shelbys is 1b.

I think he referred to Crest as a powerhouse, but there are many on this board who need to have their credentials checked if not drug tested lol. Shelby beat AC Reynolds worse than west forsyth, granted comparitive scores are not a good base to judge on.

Carver teams they play next year non-conference

Dudley 15-1 4A State Champ
East Forsyth 12-2 4A playoffs 3rd Round
West Forstyth 11-3 4AA playoffs 3rd round
Glenn 8-4 playoffs 4A
Parkland 7-5 Playoffs 4A

So what is that 50-15 record with 11-4 playoff record in 4A

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
Carver teams they play next year non-conference

Dudley 15-1 4A State Champ
East Forsyth 12-2 4A playoffs 3rd Round
West Forstyth 11-3 4AA playoffs 3rd round
Glenn 8-4 playoffs 4A
Parkland 7-5 Playoffs 4A

So what is that 50-15 record with 11-4 playoff record in 4A
Impressive schedule, no doubt, but you're sniffin', if you really think East or West Forsyth would beat South Pointe. Heck, I don't think they would have even beaten South Point last season. Who did either beat last season that was impressive? AC Reynolds was WF's signature win.

You pointed out WF beating AC Reynolds, but failed to mention them barely beating a 3-8 Ronald Raegan team and a .500 South Meck team. They got smoked by Davie who barely beat 2A North Rowan 7-6

Last edited:
Easy Forsyth would have beaten South point nc by at least 14. Davis county was pretty good last year they beat page who made the 4aa state championship. West Forsyth and South point nd would have been a good game but I'd favor West by a little.

Easy Forsyth would have beaten South point nc by at least 14. Davis county was pretty good last year they beat page who made the 4aa state championship. West Forsyth and South point nd would have been a good game but I'd favor West by a little.
Okay, I looked at the schedule wrong, EF was impressive, but Davie beat North Rowan, a team you are familiar with, 7-6, so how good were they really?

Regardless, South Pointe would have beaten the brakes off of both of them, you know it, and I know it.

Okay, I looked at the schedule wrong, EF was impressive, but Davie beat North Rowan, a team you are familiar with, 7-6, so how good were they really?

To be fair I think Davis had a lot of injuries that game. They door were missing their qb and running back. They were they made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs and beat some good teams. I think it would have been a good game vs shelby.

I think the guy that referred to AC Reynolds as a powerhouse should be drug tested.

Hmmm...people forget...they were the 1999, 2002, and 2009 4A (yes FOUR A) state champions. Sounds like a pretty strong program to me.

Prior to this past season they won a 4A championship the same year Reidsville won their last 2A championship.

To be fair I think Davis had a lot of injuries that game. They door were missing their qb and running back. They were they made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs and beat some good teams. I think it would have been a good game vs shelby.
Okay, cool, I obviously didn't know of their injuries going into the North Rowan game. As for Shelby, I'm not discussing us, we get a lot off hate on here as is, I just thought it was blasphemous of Yosemite Sam to say West or East Forsyth would beat South Pointe. C'mon, man!

Last edited:
Hey now what's with the personal attack???? Never put your team down, did not say that any team was better than Shelby. Just an opinion

Hey now what's with the personal attack???? Never put your team down, did not say that any team was better than Shelby. Just an opinion
You're taking me too seriously, I have not said one word about Shelby in this thread, and you obviously haven't put us down. I just thought it was crazy of you to think West and East Forsyth would beat 3 peat SC 4A state champion, South Pointe, a team featuring numerous major D1 prospects on the roster.

Unless I'm Mistaken DH34, East Bladen isn't on our schedule this year.

That's a pretty tough DarkHorses schedule but it will make them better to play it

Hmmm...people forget...they were the 1999, 2002, and 2009 4A (yes FOUR A) state champions. Sounds like a pretty strong program to me.

Prior to this past season they won a 4A championship the same year Reidsville won their last 2A championship.

As much as you bash 4A (or past accomplishments for that matter), now you are giving them props?

Only when it is convenient to the 'Shelby is the best" narrative, right?

Reactions: Chopper747
As much as you bash 4A (or past accomplishments for that matter), now you are giving them props?

Only when it is convenient to the 'Shelby is the best" narrative, right?

Frank, you have no football sense.

You say "I think the guy that referred to AC Reynolds as a powerhouse should be drug tested."

I prove that you have no football sense by the fact they have won 3 state championships in the last 18 years and add the fact that they were 4A championships. Regardless of class, 3 state championships in the last 18 years and deep playoff runs and athletes like Rico Dowdle....seems like a powerhouse.

You get mad for being proven wrong and lash out. Makes sense. Just continue to pray that we aren't in the same subdivision this year.

Nothing to get mad about, I dont take my self as seriously as you do. All this is, is that we have differing opinions on "powerhouses".

AC Reynolds snuck out 3 titles since 1999. Good for them. Shane Law has a great, tough program working hard. But I see too many years they have great seasons up in those mountains, only to come down the hill and face reality.

Even without "football sense", any Tom, Dick, or Harry can get online and go look at a vast database of NC HS history, do the math themselves, and make their own conclusions based on fact, not speculation.

But here is where I do get slightly upset with you guys... but just slightly, so dont get too excited. If someone would have made a post on the 3A Board saying AC Reynolds was a powerhouse, I would give it 15 minutes before 72 Champ showed up to discredit any accomplishment they have had. Dont say you wouldnt, because Ive seen you guys bash Richmond County (as fun as that can be sometimes) and countless others that brag about their own accomplishments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT