ADVERTISEMENT

2015 SP football

I think WC is much better than you give them credit for. Their pass offense was as good as Shelby's. Sure, I think SP was not really up for the game but that should never be an excuse. WC gave the Raiders all they could handle for the whole game and fell one play short of winning it. If they played in our conference I think they would be right up there with Ashbrook, NG, EG, Forestview, SP, etc. They would be a competitive team in an average conference this year.

Well I agree with that RR73...they'd be competitive in our down conference of GACO. But, they're a 4a school with rich history, and that's what they've become? They're 1-3 and only beaten another patsy. I think this win of ours is more indicative of where we are as a team than where they are. They are what they are at 1-3. We will mask our shortcomings during conference play....I just hope that 2nd round game is a good matchup for us.

I seriously doubt WC passing is as good as Shelbys. I guess I could be wrong. RR73 you've seen both teams so I'll take your word on it.

disagree greatly with 73 about that comparision of pass games. Shelby knows what they're doing throwing the ball at least. They actually practice, have a gameplan, etc. Their coaches have put time into it, things like that. WC offensive "plan" is literally why their program is in shambles. Some of those throws were terrible.. but the pass scheme was not there. It looks a whole lot easier than it is to do, but WC is winging it and losing badly in the process.
--How about their coaches keeping their offense on the sideline in the huddle til 10-11 seconds to go and they try and rush a 2 pt. play? Totally unprepared. LOL- the worst was...they went 65 yards on 3 pass plays (basically jump balls) in 35 seconds with ease. Q1- why didn't they do something similar the entire game? Q2- If that was as easy as it looked....maybe calling an east/west RUN with a 155 lb scatback for your two point convo isn't your best playcall? Was awful to watch how sad that whole scene over there was.

West Charlotte looked a lot better than I expected. QB was accurate and receivers had great size and hands. Really good size and athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. I would put them up there with Crest in size, athleticism and speed, but they do not have the coaching. That being said, SP played flat and a number of key starters played sparingly or not al all. Reminded me of a last preseason game in the NFL where you rest your guys for the regular season.

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT