ADVERTISEMENT

2015 2A Poll - Looking Ahead

bralpa

Feb 5, 2003
It's that time of year...where everyone reflects on their seasons, wishes luck to the Seniors, and looks ahead to what their team may look like next year...

Based on what players are coming back next season, I think that the 2A hierarchy starts with:

East Lincoln
They return QB Chazz Surratt, RB Coleton Banks, WRs Cameron Dollar and Sage Surratt...could be a special team offensively.

Clinton
Return phenom RB Ryheem Skinner....

I hope my Golden Lions can reload as we will miss some great Seniors off our back-to-back championship teams.

Reidsville loses a bunch of key seniors but has a great group of JVs moving up. QB is tested as well as most of the OL but will need to find some running backs and receivers. Defense returns three good linebackers and some experience on the DL.

Originally posted by bralpa:
It's that time of year...where everyone reflects on their seasons, wishes luck to the Seniors, and looks ahead to what their team may look like next year...

Based on what players are coming back next season, I think that the 2A hierarchy starts with:

East Lincoln
They return QB Chazz Surratt, RB Coleton Banks, WRs Cameron Dollar and Sage Surratt...could be a special team offensively.

Clinton
Return phenom RB Ryheem Skinner....

I hope my Golden Lions can reload as we will miss some great Seniors off our back-to-back championship teams.
If Shelby can hold onto what we have, we'll be okay. Offense should have 7 starters back, but that will depend on what's offered over the summer ie.. car, head cheerleader, a job for daddy, or stock in a business. As for the Defense I think we have 4 starters back, so we may have to go through some growing pains there.

I would think Shelby would still have to be top 3. I would pick el 1, with shelby or clinton being number 2.

I still think Reidsville will be top 10, maybe even top 5 depending on what other teams have coming back.

We should be alright bralpa.

Spoke with Devine after the 'ship game and defense will be pretty stout again. LB core will be solid (Dax made all conference as a freshman!) and he said we have defensive ends to step in. Talked about Stites and what a head hunter he is and will be (He will be a sophmore). #22 comes back as well as #45. We'll have to replace the internal line and Demerrio (We'll miss him...great DB!).

On offense, only have to replace one lineman. I believe we will have a competition for QB and #14 will be back in the backfield. We need someone to spell him but I am sure there are lots available. Jayden is back at WR (who also made all conference but as a sophmore).

I think we will be fine. Didn't Dax play FB in middle school?!?!?! A new Garrion for short yardage.....????

Can't wait until August when we do this all again!

The DarkHorse's will have some key players to replace, however the stable is rich with players eager to step up. I think there is a very good possibility the Horse's may make a serious Champiomship run again .

No doubt, we're losing some great ball players and vital leadership, but believe you me, Shelby will be fine. However, we will be young. We will have a great group of juniors, and there will be sophomores, 2 years removed from the best middle school team I have ever seen at Shelby Middle School, in ambundance and in some key positions. 2 of them, Brooks and Hollifield, who was our leading tackler and an all conference performer, went straight varsity leaving that talented group.They will be joined by a few of their sophomore teammates, who were on JV, going into next season. Our situation at Shelby will sort of resemble Kings Mountain's situation the past 2 years, young. 2015 will be definitely interesting next season in Lion Country, as fresh faces and new leadership develope and unfold. Don't count us out!!!! We're reloading.

This post was edited on 12/17 11:17 PM by Lion Attack

98, Dax Hollifield was hell at fullback. He has good straight line speed and will run through a brick wall. He would be a stud at fullback or tight end, just an awesome athlete and young man.

can you guys get that #44 linebacker to graduate 3 years early!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Is that #15 returning for the Lions from a couple of years ago? Him and #6 would be a heck of a combo at wr.

Re: 2015 2A Poll - Looking Ahead
tarheel fan1 posted on 12/17/2014...
Is that #15 returning for the Lions from a couple of years ago? Him and #6 would be a heck of a combo at wr.

I hope so, bro. He's on the right path so far, and saying the right things from what I am hearing, but it remains to be seen. Hate to see kids throw away talent like that, then get a little older and further along in their maturation process and talk that could've, should've, would've stuff. They become "barbershop legends." The talk in the barbershop will be about how great and talented they were, but never taking advantage of it and living up to all the promise they once showed.

This post was edited on 12/18 4:27 AM by Lion Attack

Barbershop Legends... I like that.

Chaz Surratt is coming back? Seems like that guy has been around for 10 years.

Way Too Early Without Really Researching Top 10 for 2015 In Alphabetical Order-Carver, Clinton, East Lincoln, Franklin, Holmes, Owen, Reidsville, Shelby, SWO, and Washington

Originally posted by The Ram Tough:
Barbershop Legends... I like that.

Chaz Surratt is coming back? Seems like that guy has been around for 10 years.

Way Too Early Without Really Researching Top 10 for 2015 In Alphabetical Order-Carver, Clinton, East Lincoln, Franklin, Holmes, Owen, Reidsville, Shelby, SWO, and Washington
Yes sir, Chaz is back... AGAIN ha ha ha..... What a player that kid is... Have a good nucleus returning on the offensive side of the ball I believe...

I too like Barbershop Legends.... I was more of a trash dump legend in my time.. Or perhaps a Cheeto dust legend... Either way, win win for me.. LOL

Add Mount Pleasant to the mix as well. They return a 3000+ yard rusher in Cody Reece. I don't know what they have returning in addition to him, but they were for real, a tough bunch.

This post was edited on 12/18 12:02 PM by Lion Attack

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Add Mount Pleasant to the mix as well. They return a 3000+ yard rusher in Cody Reece. I don't know what they have returning in addition to him, but they were for real, a tough bunch.

This post was edited on 12/18 12:02 PM by Lion Attack
Definitely the second best team we faced.

Lincolnton loses a few stars but only 8-10 seniors overall. Should be pretty strong. Definitely not top 5 in the state but possibly around the 10-12 range. A lot of it will depend on the new coaching regime. Pretty scary stuff there. I've got confidence in Gibson, but no idea who will be calling the plays on offense.

Originally posted by LTown Wolves:
Lincolnton loses a few stars but only 8-10 seniors overall. Should be pretty strong. Definitely not top 5 in the state but possibly around the 10-12 range. A lot of it will depend on the new coaching regime. Pretty scary stuff there. I've got confidence in Gibson, but no idea who will be calling the plays on offense.
Don't y'all have a potential good QB coming up that was a freshman?

Yeah Hitman, Cordel Littlejohn will be a sophomore and he has the potential to be one of Lincolnton's better all time QBs. But Jordon Easter has been the starter for three years and will also be back so I'm not sure how that'll play out. But the way I see it Littlejohn is a natural QB and a great passer and Easter is just a good football player and can help from about any position.

Really think it will come down to what offense Gibson is going to run, Littlejohn is a heck of an athlete, don't think he will just be wasted to just hand the ball off every play, if he is named qb I can see Lincolnton going back to the DT 1 back stuff, I, play action passes and they used to have a heck of a screen game with CJ Wilson (not sure who the running back would be but that big kid coming back would make a heck of Fullback. They ran the spread with him on the JV but if you can throw the ball 10 yds and complete it on JV you have a shot, not sure if there is anyone on staff that is a true spread guy. Littlejohn will be special and it will be interesting how it plays out, Easter is just a fun athlete to watch I remember his freshman year man did he take a beating against EL and never slowed down. Thing about it though, it is nice to have that problem.

Yeah I can't imagine they waste Cordel's ability by putting him in the straight T. I'd like to see them open it up and spread it around some. JV team had some good receivers this year and Easter and Hatchett should be good ones too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT