ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Robbinsville vs 2019 Robbinsville, 2020 Murphy vs 2016 Murphy

KnightInShiningArmor

Nov 7, 2018
Graham County
A fun stupid hypothetical question during the boring offseason.

Who wins in these two hypothetical matchups in your opinion? In the first matchup its two undefeated state champions clashing together in a Skylar Matheson and Cruz Galaviz led team vs Nathan Collins and Rylee Anderson led team. And then a Murphy team with Curry that took down plymouth in 2016 going up against this years team that overcame so much adversity. Who you got.

2016 Murphy over 2020 Murphy by a whole bunch from a pure talent standpoint. Very few kids on the 2020 team would have started for the 2016 team. 2020 was a mentally tough and hard nosed team so they might have kept it respectable at least.

Last edited:
2016 Murphy over 2020 Murphy by a whole bunch from a pure talent standpoint. Very few kids on the 2020 team would have started for the 2016 team. 2020 was a mentally tough and hard nosed team so they might have kept it respectable at least.

I think 2016 Murphy would beat 2020 Murphy team by two scores. No disrespect intended to this years team but i think 2016 Murphy was one of the best teams Murphy fielded. And I believe if Curry hadn't injured his hand they would have beat Plymouth by a few more scores.

Mbdfan whats your opinion on 2014 Robbinsville vs 2019 Robbinsville? I think 2014 team would win as Skylar and the defense would be the difference maker although some people may disagree.

Reactions: mhs95 and mbdfan
Mbdfan whats your opinion on 2014 Robbinsville vs 2019 Robbinsville? I think 2014 team would win as Skylar and the defense would be the difference maker although some people may disagree.
I got the 2014 Robbinsville squad too. Like tuff said 2014 was the more physical team man for man and I just think in the end that along with the x factor of Matheson on both sides of the ball is the difference in that one.

I got the 2014 Robbinsville squad too. Like tuff said 2014 was the more physical team man for man and I just think in the end that along with the x factor of Matheson on both sides of the ball is the difference in that one.
I'll take Anderson on both sides of the ball any day..more tackles more yards more touchdowns..2019 was also much faster team wise..would be a heck of a game however..2016 Murphy not really even comparable with 2020..2016 by several scores

Reactions: mhs95
I'll take Anderson on both sides of the ball any day..more tackles more yards more touchdowns..2019 was also much faster team wise..would be a heck of a game however..2016 Murphy not really even comparable with 2020..2016 by several scores
Anderson was great and P4P about the best all around player I've seen come through Robbinsville but Matheson was a battering ram, the Matheson and Galaviz power run game behind that big nasty '14 line would've been real tough for '19 defense to handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
Maybe Blackcat 93 is a line coach 😂. I think the line from 14’ was better than the 19’ line. That’s my opinion for a unbiased standpoint. We were dominated by both teams so it doesn’t reallly matter lol
Fair enough!! I will take either line ..I would venture to say this years graduating line class,which began in 2018(18,19,20) has more rushing yards to their credit than any other Black Knight line that I know off.?

Fair enough!! I will take either line ..I would venture to say this years graduating line class,which began in 2018(18,19,20) has more rushing yards to their credit than any other Black Knight line that I know off.?
Yea but you have to consider that the 14’,15’ teams did throw the ball way more than the 19’, 20’ teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT