ADVERTISEMENT

2014 NCPreps.com 2A All-State

Congrats to TJ Boone and Ryheem Skinner for being selected great season for my Dark Horses

Congrats to East Bladen's Kyle Tatum and Farrell Murchison. 4-County conference was well represented.

Western Highlands had 4 Twitty from Polk, Cleary from Hendersonville and Eades and Gardner from Owen. Nice job boys and we got a bonus WNC rep in Young from Franklin. Thanks for the love for WNC Deana.

This post was edited on 1/8 2:37 PM by owen98

Very curious as to how Chad Reid from Shelby did not make this? If not as a RB then as an athlete?

Was it based soley on statistics?

1580 yards rushing 18 tds 6.9 yards per carry average
457 receiving yards 5 tds

MVP of the State Championship game.

If I could have any of the RBs listed or Skinner from Clinton on my team, I'd take Reid over all 4 of them. He proved himself as an All State player carrying the Golden Lions to another state championship.

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Very curious as to how Chad Reid from Shelby did not make this? If not as a RB then as an athlete?

If I could have any of the RBs listed or Skinner from Clinton on my team, I'd take Reid over all 4 of them. He proved himself as an All State player carrying the Golden Lions to another state championship.
+1 I know it is tough to pick but he was the best running back I saw all year.He ran for over a 100 yards against the greatest defense of all time according to the Crest posters.So many of the Shelby games he hardly played in the second half.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

+1 I know it is tough to pick but he was the best running back I saw all year.He ran for over a 100 yards against the greatest defense of all time according to the Crest posters.
happy0028.r191677.gif
So many of the Shelby games he hardly played in the second half.
Take him off that Shelby team and they don't win State.

I'm sure Mr. Reid is a great RB but a plug for Mr. Gardner is he averaged 9.8 yds a carry for over 2700 yds and had those numbers for the last 2 years. He also had around 45 tds. Between rushing receiving and kick returns. That was with limited touches to be a premier player. He had less than 10 catches and less than 10 returns and had about 5 tds on each.

This post was edited on 1/8 5:51 PM by owen98

No one will ever be 100% happy with these teams but all the ones that were selected deserve the honor...Ryheem Skinner 2,000 yard rushing 12.4 yards per carry 26 TDs shared the ball with 3 other runners and sat out in some blowouts......understand the fraustration but it is what it is

Hey Shelby guys...you got 3 on the team...and that's pretty darn good...not saying Reid is not a good player...but kinda hard to argue with the RB.'s that were picked....congrats to all...especially a shout out to Jayron Rankin...Reidsville LB...a real talent...

I really do not know why I even nominated any players. I knew we would not get a kid on here. Oh well. Congrats to the ones who made it.

I understand that frustration, BUT if you hadn't nominating anyone there was definitely no chance of getting a player on the team. Take some satisfaction in the fact that you did your job and at least provided some deserving players with an opportunity. I imagine you are providing them with multiple opportunities for exposure that may serve them well in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT