ADVERTISEMENT

2014 FB Championship Schedule (4A game on Friday)

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
2014 NCHSAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TIMES SET

CHAPEL HILL—Commissioner Davis Whitfield of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association announced today the game times for the eight NCHSAA football championship games for the 2014 season, which will be played at just two locations.

BB&T Field in Winston-Salem and Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh will each host four contests.

One game will be played on Friday night, December 12, at both locations and then three games on Saturday.

The schedule at Carter-Finley will have the 1-AA championship on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Then the Saturday games will include the 1-A game at noon, the 3-A final at 4 p.m. and the 3-AA championship at 8 p.m.

At BB&T Field, the 4-A game is scheduled for Friday night at 7:30. Then on Saturday the 2-A contest will follow at noon, the 2-AA final at 4 p.m. and then the 4-AA championship at 8 p.m.

Kenan Stadium on the campus of the University of North Carolina has hosted at least one football championship game since 1989 as the NCHSAA made a push for neutral sites, including collegiate facilities, for many of its state championships. But Kenan will not be available this season due to work on the field that will commence with the North Carolina Tar Heels have finished their season.

BB&T is the title sponsor of the NCHSAA football championships.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 11/20 1:38 PM by Deana_King

I guess BB&T Field didn't think they could handle the Scots & Raiders in Possible back to back games. LOL

What I was hoping for Scotsman
3dsmile.r191677.gif

I like the Friday night games. The teams have played every game Friday night up to that point for the most part. Fans should be in the groove.

Keeps the games from being jammed together so bad on Saturday and allows the fans to see four games with them at one stadium. Three stadium cuts down on the number of games that you can take in. Don't like three stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT