ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

No, Mitchell did what we do, ball control it almost worked, East played catchup with us for a half if you'll recall, West was definitely better this year
We was definitely better and will admit after watching the 1A state title game I do believe Mitchell would have won had they stayed down. However the only chance you have to move the football on Tarboro is through the air just like last year running the ball was wasted downs Mitchell would’ve been lucky to score a point.

No, Mitchell did what we do, ball control it almost worked, East played catchup with us for a half if you'll recall, West was definitely better this year
East lead or it was tied a time or 2 the whole game. Tarboro never lead in the game I don't think. If they did I don't remember. So Tarboro was playing catchup the whole game but couldn't do it ! What game was you watching ? LOL

We was definitely better and will admit after watching the 1A state title game I do believe Mitchell would have won had they stayed down. However the only chance you have to move the football on Tarboro is through the air just like last year running the ball was wasted downs Mitchell would’ve been lucky to score a point.
All you know about us is what you saw in 1 game, last week, we threw the ball well all year, Tarboro couldn't cover the pass at all, we are not stupid, we have a great coaching staff, we would have mixed it up

All you know about us is what you saw in 1 game, last week, we threw the ball well all year, Tarboro couldn't cover the pass at all, we are not stupid, we have a great coaching staff, we would have mixed it up
Not saying you are stupid but your passing attack was not good enough to win a game against Tarboro and no matter how good the run game is the ball will not move on the ground against that team bottom line. You cannot beat Tarboro with a balance or mix it has to be spread passing attack otherwise they are just too fast and too physical.

East toyed with MIC & Mitchell to keep Tarboro from seeing what they could do. If they had not got conservative and keep up the pass instead of running late in the 4th like they did Tarboro, they would have beat both by 21 or more.
I guess they were toying with us when they let us run it down their throat all night? HaHa whatever

I guess they were toying with us when they let us run it down their throat all night? HaHa whatever
No Tarboro was for real and East Surry had to play at their best to win that game. No toying around tonight ! Tarboro did have a great year and can't take away from a great team with 44 straight wins.

No but you scored the exact same amount of points as Tarboro and East Surry could’ve hung as many as they wanted they didn’t go conservative tonight and the game was not close same would’ve been the case if they kept their foot on the gas last week learned from their mistake and finished strong in the big one.

No but you scored the exact same amount of points as Tarboro and East Surry could’ve hung as many as they wanted they didn’t go conservative tonight and the game was not close same would’ve been the case if they kept their foot on the gas last week learned from their mistake and finished strong in the big one.
good lord East Side Or Die let it go, you won the big 1, go celebrate and let the rest of us sleep my phone better not beep again tonite

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
It was all part of the diabolical plan. Then go up 2 scores and allow a come back that fell just short. East laid it to tarboro and beat reidsville. Unreal season! I do think Mitchell gave you your toughest game and we’re proud of that.

It was all part of the diabolical plan. Then go up 2 scores and allow a come back that fell just short. East laid it to tarboro and beat reidsville. Unreal season! I do think Mitchell gave you your toughest game and we’re proud of that.
Yeah we did and East didn't sandbag us last week, I think they just overlooked us honestly, as for the comment one of the East fans made on another thread a week or so back about us being SMC wannabes, 32 state championships in 40 years yeah we're smc wannabes along with every other conference in the state

Reactions: Mbulld and Mhsneer
Fellers I got to watch a recording of the game, sorry to say mitchell would have beaten tarboro. East is a great team. But dont act like they toyed with Mitchell, it took everything they had and a little help from the zebras. East surry and mitchell were the best overall 1a/1aa teams this year. East just happened to be a little bit better so please stop talking like it was easy for East or that Mitchell wouldn't have beat tarboro. Have some class and enjoy yalls title with humility. TD no one cares what you think you know, you still think Mt. Airy was a contender. Hats off to tarboro as well they have built a program that has an astounding win to loss ratio.

Dont think so Yosef. Styles make fights. Match ups deliver chaos as well. No predominantly run based team could sniff Tarboro's jockstrap. Mitchell was indeed a great team..and if not for Lowman getting a little complacent with his playcalling by running the ball when it was apparent that ES could score in 2 or 3 plays every possession through the air.
..then the game would not have been as close. Just ask some of your fans that left as soon as ES went up by 14. Trust me, I sat on Mitchell's side, and witnessed a mass exodus of fans at that point in the game. They felt it was over and really it should have been. Kudos to Mitchell for bringing a great game plan and fight to the table. Tarboro got overwhelmed, when they realized that everything that ES fans and posters had promised was coming their way, and it came in unbelivable waves of abundance.

Last edited:
Dont think so Yosef. Styles make fights. Match ups deliver chaos as well. No predominantly run based team could sniff Tarboro's jockstrap. Mitchell was indeed a great team..and if not for Lowman getting a little complacent with his playcalling by running the ball when it was apparent that ES could score in 2 or 3 plays every possession through the air.
..then the game would not have been as close. Just ask some of your fans that left as soon as ES went up by 14. Trust me, I sat on Mitchell's side, and witnessed a mass exodus of fans at that point in the game. They felt it was over and really it should have been. Kudos to Mitchell for bringing a great game plan and fight to the table. Tarboro got overwhelmed, when they realized that everything that ES fans and posters had promised was coming their way, and it came in unbelivable waves of abundance.

Seems like your struggling to take a compliment as Yosef stated the two best 1A/!AA teams were ES and Mitchell. They played a great game and we can all agree Mitchell should have had one more TD. No one will know if they would have made the 2 point conversion or stopped ES the last 35 seconds if they did make the conversion. Obviously based results the west was the better region in all Classifications as the West swept all 8 games. No reason to disrespect any ES, Mitchell or Tarboro all great teams and all had great seasons. As with each season only one team ends it with a victory and this year that was ES.

It seems to somewhat diminish what ES accomplished by NOW saying oh we would have beaten Tarboro too. You were the same posters on here talkin about what Tarboro was gonna do to ES...after ES beat you guys...Now all of sudden you can beat them too. Ok!! The only 1a/1aa team that could've beaten Tarboro...is the only one that did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminati704
Coming from a Mitchell fan, no way they would’ve beat Tarboro after the East Surry game. Their leading rusher, QB, would most likely not have played due to his ankle and ribs. If healthy they could have made a game of it. I think a lot of us fans out west who read these boards bought into the dynasty talk and thought Tarboro unbeatable. I know I did and apologize to all the East Surry fans for doubting. I even doubted Mitchell against East Surry. I went down there with the expectation of Mitchell losing by 30.

Coming from a Mitchell fan, no way they would’ve beat Tarboro after the East Surry game. Their leading rusher, QB, would most likely not have played due to his ankle and ribs. If healthy they could have made a game of it. I think a lot of us fans out west who read these boards bought into the dynasty talk and thought Tarboro unbeatable. I know I did and apologize to all the East Surry fans for doubting. I even doubted Mitchell against East Surry. I went down there with the expectation of Mitchell losing by 30.
Yeah I never dreamed we'd hang with East like we did its especially tough when your kid is on the field and you feel like it's over before it starts, after Boaz threw that First td I honestly felt beat and I hadn't felt that way all season not even at Heritage, mountaineers you played a heck of a season one that made us all proud, I can't wait till next season also a shoutout to East congrats on a spectacular season to a fine bunch of young men!

It seems to somewhat diminish what ES accomplised by NOW saying oh we would have beaten Tarboro too. You were the same posters on here talkin about what Tarboro was gonna do to ES...after ES beat you guys...Now all of sudden you can beat them too. Ok!! The only 1a/1aa team that could've beaten Tarboro...is the only one that did.
I agree. No team is going to beat Tarboro running the ball and that includes ES. They beat them with their passing game.

I agree. No team is going to beat Tarboro running the ball and that includes ES. They beat them with their passing game.

East Surry doesn't have that prolific passing game, Tarboro blows them out and East doesn't score. They couldn't move the ball at all on the ground. It was like watching a Texas Tech game when Kingsbury was there.

I don’t think so. East’s defense handled tarboros run game much better than they did Mitchell.

I don’t think so. East’s defense handled tarboros run game much better than they did Mitchell.
ES sold out on the run versus Tarboro. ES shut them down between the tackles other than one run and forced them to run outside where East did a great job on the edges. Completely different scheme and personal on the field. If ES has used the same scheme in the Mitchell game then the result would have been much the same as the Tarboro game, probably worse. Mitchell threw the ball well enough to keep ES off balance. No disrespect to Mitchell intended. Tarboro would have dropped 40+ on Mitchell. ES ran the ball down Mitchell’s throat when they wanted too. ES OL shoved Mitchell all over the field in the run and pass game. This whole Mitchell could of beat Tarboro is a lame duck conspiracy.

Last edited:

The Reidsville game came down to the wire too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT