ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

I never thought I would see these Mitchell posters whining after losing a game they posted they had doughts of winning. Never seen so many if this, if that and excuses. My outlook on the game is was it possible East Surry could not have beat Mitchell even worse but played them not wanting Tarboro to see how good they really are with all the D-1 players. Same went for MIC, not wanting Mitchell to see them at their best. Hum, just a thought but stop your whining. Some want to talk about me and my beliefs on Tarboro's advantage. Everyone whines but only see it when others post their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but a few of us catch it from everyone ! ! !
TD you’re dead to me! That’s the biggest load of horse shit I have ever read. But just threw up in my mouth from the complete bs I just read. Put those red pajamas on cause they fit!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Ahh you know better! You just gotta take those red bifocals off a understand that Mitchell’s been in “that” game for 3 yrs in a row. Despite all the doubt, they are consistently there, and consistently there’s a call that stops them short of what they worked for. Right or wrong, justified or not, it happened. And that’s apart of the game so it happens. Hard to swallow, fair unfair, it’s tough. In not saying we were better than East, i an saying we done all we could to give ourselves a chance to win and unfortunately that just didn’t happen. But I doubt East held back, and to say they did is an insult to a team who “ in my opinion “ had a chance to win the game.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Hey TD start a new thread about Mitchell whining and when you don’t get as many responses as you deem appropriate you can whine about that like you do all the time. You sir are in no position to call out people for complaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHChoops
I'll just say one last thing here. As far as overtime or going for two, I'm not sure what Pitman would have done but to me what you do there depends on each game and in this one I would have gone for two if for no other reason then #7 was hurting , I wasn't sure if was going to get up the last time he got hit, I was told that he wasn't sure he'd make after the first few plays of the game. For two weeks he wore a boot, therapy, injections to try to speed up healing on a ankle that would normally take 4-6 weeks to heal and that's not playing football on Friday nights. Playing 2 1/2 games on that ankle especially last Friday as much as he tried to run on it, plus now two cracked ribs though he would have tried and gone through it again, I don't think he would have been even as well in the next game had they won as he was at the beginning of the last and other game could have done more severe damage to his ligaments. So maybe ES will be going into the game healthier then Mitchell would had.
But anyway I believe all bases have been covered now on the subject. Again safe travels to ES and I hope who ever goes has good time and it's a good game.

Last edited:
I never thought I would see these Mitchell posters whining after losing a game they posted they had doughts of winning. Never seen so many if this, if that and excuses. My outlook on the game is was it possible East Surry could not have beat Mitchell even worse but played them not wanting Tarboro to see how good they really are with all the D-1 players. Same went for MIC, not wanting Mitchell to see them at their best. Hum, just a thought but stop your whining. Some want to talk about me and my beliefs on Tarboro's advantage. Everyone whines but only see it when others post their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but a few of us catch it from everyone ! ! !
I tell you there is something in the water up there......

Pretty sad that one of yours boys for ES kicked out #7 and he has 2 broken ribs. If ES has 6 D1 athletes then Mitchell has at least 7. You guys COULD NOT stop the run. Tarboro will be a different animal for you guys but the best of luck as always.

Is this nonsense ever going to end from either side? Those who keep it going really need to find a new hobby. I hear the local car wash is hiring for folks to suck farts out of car seats.

Most of East D1 players are on offense and QB is starter for shrine bowl I think. #13 from East was just offered by Georgia today but you guys know more about football than college coaches!

Come on guys, let this die. There is more things in this world to worry about than a ball game. I wish we (Mitchell) had won, but we didnt, i m proud of our guys win or loose.
Agree but tired of hearing some people talk about East D1 players. They are good at their position and they have had a good year with a good coach that has worked his butt off for them! It doesn't matter if they get beat 100 to 0 Saturday they will still be going to Carolina and NC State on scholarship and PWO so that says alot! Does not really matter what anybody on here thinks!

Missed calls happen at every level the Patriots lost this past week off of a very similar call and the Saints missed an opportunity to play for the super bowl last season it’s just part of the sport. Although I understand the disappointment I do not agree with coach Pittmans statement that the kids were robbed of the chance to try and win the game they still had another play it just didn’t go their way.

Missed calls happen at every level the Patriots lost this past week off of a very similar call and the Saints missed an opportunity to play for the super bowl last season it’s just part of the sport. Although I understand the disappointment I do not agree with coach Pittmans statement that the kids were robbed of the chance to try and win the game they still had another play it just didn’t go their way.

Bad examples. Patriots had no more challenges or that gets overturned. They made a replay rule because of the Saints.

You are right though there is missed calls all the time in high school. Maybe with all this technology there will be replay for playoff games. At least they said they messed up. Good luck Saturday hopefully it’s a injury free game.

Last edited:
How could anyone not agree with Pittmans statement, it's a fact robbed of a chance to win, it ain't rocket science, he said chance if the shoe were on the other foot you'd be crying the blues

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
How could anyone not agree with Pittmans statement, it's a fact robbed of a chance to win, it ain't rocket science, he said chance if the shoe were on the other foot you'd be crying the blues

Well even if it had be called correct and Mitchell had gotten the two point conversion which they had already decided to do and won , it would have been awfully hard even if possible to win without #7 who's high ankle sprain was even worst after the game plus the two cracked ribs he got in the game, they don't know if he'll get to play any basketball this season.

Well even if it had be called correct and Mitchell had gotten the two point conversion which they had already decided to do and won , it would have been awfully hard even if possible to win without #7 who's high ankle sprain was even worst after the game plus the two cracked ribs he got in the game, they don't know if he'll get to play any basketball this season.
Don't look like Tarboro has much of a gameplan does it?

Way better match up than Mitchell and Tarboro would have been. Tarboro may come back..but its ES ballgame to lose. That offense is nothing short of prolific for highschool...not just 1aa.

Don't look like Tarboro has much of a gameplan does it?

I'm surprised that Tarboro did like Mitchell rushing 3 or 4 and playing a prevent like defense if you give ES QB time he'll burn anyone. That fumble by Tarboro was a big mistake and I see why Tarboro doesn't throw. Tarboro may come back in the second but I believe it might be an advantage for ES last to games have been close where Tarboro hasn't.

Tarboro not a well balanced offense, you gotta have a good mix to win dont look like they have much of a pass game, I felt like mitchell was very well balanced last night was tough at my house, first time we had been here on a fri night since summer lol

Reactions: Bearfan71
Tarboro not a well balanced offense, you gotta have a good mix to win dont look like they have much of a pass game, I felt like mitchell was very well balanced last night was tough at my house, first time we had been here on a fri night since summer lol

I believe according to Maxprep Tarboro only averaged 34 yards per game in passing, plus it looks like most teams they played all year were rushing teams as well.

You guys would not have beaten Tarboro with just a run game...yall would have gotten blown out!! So would any other 1aa team that showed up with just a run game....Get outta here!

You guys were good for sure. Just not sure about beating Tarboro or Reidsville just because ES beat them...You guys were good though and had a very patient, deliberate offense.

Im saying Tarboro would have stopped Mitchell's run game cold...and you guys know it.
For 1 play maybe, then we throw a td, well balanced, check our stats, Tarboro couldn't throw the ball, easy to defend if you have a strong defense, we did

For 1 play maybe, then we throw a td, well balanced, check our stats, Tarboro couldn't throw the ball, easy to defend if you have a strong defense, we did
You didn’t have near the speed to keep them from getting the edge at will. East was much faster and struggled to keep the off the edges. Also Mitchell would have been lucky to have 100 yards on the ground and not a quarter of the passing game East had to score the game would not have been close at all.

You didn’t have near the speed to keep them from getting the edge at will. East was much faster and struggled to keep the off the edges. Also Mitchell would have been lucky to have 100 yards on the ground and not a quarter of the passing game East had to score the game would not have been close at all.
Well I guess we'll never know, will we

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT