ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Holmes (12-1) at #1 Tarboro (13-0)

Who wins?

• Holmes

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Tarboro

Votes: 62 72.9%

• Total voters
I would not have guessed this kind of 1st half. Aces have struggled with our defense from the outset.

I’m pulling for the Aces, but mannnnnn it’s a wrap. You let Tarboro get up like that it’s a done deal...unless something crazy happens the second half :confused: lol

Reactions: AcesWild2323
The Aces can definitely score against weaker defenses. They have weapons but they have no answer for Tarboro’s defense.

Edenton players are fighting each other. Tarboro has completely ruined them. Total beatdown. 36-0 Tarboro

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
Hey you guys said the same thing in 2011 with Gurley by under estimating the Edenton/Aces and barely got out of Edenton with a hard fought win by less than six points. Not taking anything away from West Montgomery but you will be playing a different caliber and battle tested team with big hearts and capable players on both side of the ball just like Tarboro. The Aces would have scored at least 60 points on West Montgomery believe me they won't be intimidate by Tarboro record and won't quit even if they are behind so don't even think about them doing that always been a second half team since coach Mattera has been there and make good adjustment at halftime if need be. Going to be a hard fought game. Maybe the best team win. Coach Cradock is a good coach and so is coach Hoggard and Mattera at Holmes. Coach Hoggard is one of the best offensive line coach in NC high school football.
About that 60 points....

Reactions: WM_2004 and Swain97
Hornets62 is clueless TarVikes. Holmes wouldn't put up 60 on the Warriors at no time. Not even close.

Reactions: TarVikes
Sir with all do respect to you and West Montgomery fans and team the Aces defense has faced RB's just as good as West Montgomery for the last three years and in the state 2A championship game against Reidsville last year so they will not be intimidate by your RB's plus they played against a 2000yds rusher Friday night and held him to 87yds. 2000yds rushing in a season is saying a lot no matter what conference of teams you play on. Plus I hope you don't believe Edenton is going to let Tarboro impose their will on them either? Tarboro and Edenton you to play in the same conference so they do have a history going way back to the late 70's and 80's. Peace my brother and we will see on Friday and may the best team win. When the Aces played against Gurley in 2011 the Aces RB's held their own especially the two twins Buck and Thang as they were called. You can put that lost on the play calling for the three yards the Aces needed when they were driving for the winning TD's but came up a yard short with seconds left in the game. The next time you see Gurley in Tarboro ask him who was the hardest hitting and toughest team he ever played in high school and doing an interview while he was at Georgia guess what team he said? The Edenton Aces it will be another hard hitting game just hope the loser give the other team their prop.
Told ya

Man oh man, what a complete domination by the Vikings. From start to finish. Holmes had no answer on any side of the ball. At one point they were even fighting each other. Complete blowout and expect another one Saturday in Carter Finley

Reactions: AcesWild2323
I’ll give Edenton credit, they put on a good show in pregame. The tailgating, road signs, balloons, they brought their own speakers for pregame warm-ups, and they even had the courage to bring their own smoke machine.

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
Wow. Took me this long to get over the shell shock. Great game by Tarboro. Even better than advertised. I was wrong and will admit it. I just never thought this game was going to be a blowout. After the 1st Quarter down 7-0 and us stopping them on 4th down I was feeling pretty good about things and then the wheels fell off. I wish we would have played better but sometimes you have to man up and realize that your team may have played poorly due to the fact that the opposing was a superior team. Even if we had played better and up to our potential it would not have mattered to the outcome only to the margin of defeat. I am proud of my Aces though. If you are playing in December you had a great season. Best of luck to the Vikings and bring the championship back to the East. You guys have a special team.

Wow. Took me this long to get over the shell shock. Great game by Tarboro. Even better than advertised. I was wrong and will admit it. I just never thought this game was going to be a blowout. After the 1st Quarter down 7-0 and us stopping them on 4th down I was feeling pretty good about things and then the wheels fell off. I wish we would have played better but sometimes you have to man up and realize that your team may have played poorly due to the fact that the opposing was a superior team. Even if we had played better and up to our potential it would not have mattered to the outcome only to the margin of defeat. I am proud of my Aces though. If you are playing in December you had a great season. Best of luck to the Vikings and bring the championship back to the East. You guys have a special team.
AW, As someone who has seem Edenton play all year, I want to ask a question. Are the shotgun snaps always so low to the ground? That triple-option has a lot of moving parts. Having to deal with our defense is bad enough, so when the quarterback is having to corral a worm-burner every other snap, it had to make things much harder than it had to be. Just my thought.

AW, As someone who has seem Edenton play all year, I want to ask a question. Are the shotgun snaps always so low to the ground? That triple-option has a lot of moving parts. Having to deal with our defense is bad enough, so when the quarterback is having to corral a worm-burner every other snap, it had to make things much harder than it had to be. Just my thought.
I don’t want to call out any one player but the snaps were substantially worse than they were all year. Our offense is predicated on timing and rythym so that definitely was a factor but again I am not sure it would matter. All props to the Vikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKVikes
I don’t want to call out any one player but the snaps were substantially worse than they were all year. Our offense is predicated on timing and rythym so that definitely was a factor but again I am not sure it would matter. All props to the Vikes.
Tarboro defense certainly can have that effect on a center, but I believe the snaps were a big contributor to the number of fumbles you guys had. That game is a lot closer with better ball security and it starts from the snap.

Reactions: JKVikes

I had the same question. Also, is the QB making a split second decision to give the ball to the lead back or pull it out? If that is the case then ball security will always be an issue against a tough defense. A lot of the Aces success will rely on one person - the QB.

I had the same question. Also, is the QB making a split second decision to give the ball to the lead back or pull it out? If that is the case then ball security will always be an issue against a tough defense. A lot of the Aces success will rely on one person - the QB.
Good point. A large majority of our plays do involve a split second decision on part of our QB. When we play below average to even above average defenses it is a thing of beauty and I wish you and the others could have seen that. When we play elite defenses who can blow up the line things look different. Our QB was our second string QB. He is a great kid and our second best running back but was forced to play QB when our 1st string QB went down with a nasty ankle injury earlier in the year. He was not really our second string QB but was our second RB beside Bailey but was asked to switch to QB and had a great attitude about it all year long.

Last edited:
I saw Edenton play Manteo the first time around and they were impressive. I couldn’t understand how #8 was running untouched through huge holes but I guess Manteo’s defensive line was struggling to keep up.

I want to give credit to your #11. He is listed at 5-5, 130 lbs. That kid fielded kickoffs and caught passes over the middle without any fear. He has my respect.

I saw Edenton play Manteo the first time around and they were impressive. I couldn’t understand how #8 was running untouched through huge holes but I guess Manteo’s defensive line was struggling to keep up.

I want to give credit to your #11. He is listed at 5-5, 130 lbs. That kid fielded kickoffs and caught passes over the middle without any fear. He has my respect.
#11 has the heart of a champion. Our coaches say if he had another 6 inches and 50 pounds he would attract D1 attention however ....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT