ADVERTISEMENT

2 4AA Powerhouses going at it 2nd Round

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
First, I believe that the 1AA/A board has the best fans and commentators by far on NCPreps.

But, if you guys think for 1 minute that the world revolves around 1A football, I need to catch that ship to OZ and you have no idea. A huge match up this Friday between Powerhouse Butler vs. Mallard Creek. I look for this game to be played at Memorial Stadium uptown. If you have never been, it pretty nice, but not nicer than my Albemarle Bulldog stadium in my opinion. This just goes to show the level of competition at a high level. I wish 1A would have these types of first round/second round match-ups, but unfortunately we are stuck with 3 win teams in the First and second round more often than none. On top of that, I believe their SC rings have "Diamonds" in it. I know A.L. Browns did back in 1997 http://fridaynightsink-town.weebly.com/

I honestly look for Butler to "Smash" MC, only because MC is young with a new QB from my understanding. But they are "All" talented, and this game should be televised, but due to the "Idiotic" law in the Great State of North Carolina, this will not happen.

Don't know if it is being moved or not.

Mallard Creek is still my pick to win 4AA even though they have struggled at some times. QB James Smith (2-year starter) has passed for over 2,500 yards. Yes, Mallard Creek is young at spots, but they still have an experienced squad.

At the begging of the playoffs last week there were 16 teams in 4a that won 10 games or more,which is pretty dang good,imagine if the playoffs were like they were before the split 4a/4aa,man their would be some great match ups from the 1st round till the final game.

I'm picking butler in the big game this Friday against mallard creek,can you really say a team is young this deep in the year with all the game experience the kids have?

Butler is my pick to win 4aa this year.

This post was edited on 11/18 7:09 PM by TVILLEDAWG2370

Deana, I guess you know more football than I do, because Mallard Creek put a beat down on Butler. Wow!

Sway, we dont really care about your 4-A football pairings. I-A & 2-A are the real deal here in North Carolina. It is community spirit, where the fans know & are in contact with the players from the time they begin learning the game, we see them around town and know their families. Not this way in Charlotte, all you know is the names you read in the paper or hear on the loud speaker. I mean we have James Kenan vs. Tarboro, Wallace-Rose Hill vs. Princeton. Farmville vs. Southwest Onslow & Clinton vs. Edenton plus Whiteville vs. Swain County. What more could a football fan want? I'll go see any of these games and be totally satisfied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT