ADVERTISEMENT

1st year seniors please stand up(MALLARD CREEK)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with the playoff set up. Everyone bitched about the Pods and they got rid of it. Sorry but in 4AA it is basically a Charlotte bracket you're going to play a team you probably played in the regular season... it is what it is! If my memory serves me correctly some Mallard Creek fans were saying in the past to West Forsyth fans you have to beat the best anyways. We have enough rules already no more changes! Just Win....

Agree 100%- Never gonna be a completely fair system. As a Creek guy the goal is the title so there is zero solace in a 3rd round loss versus a 2nd round loss. Meck county football has gotten much better on the top end. This is what it will look like for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
First off congrats to MC on a great season, nobody can say they have beat as many top tier teams this year as they have.

Blue and Gold, what do you think was the big difference between this game vs. the earlier one?

Really not a ton. Truth is just like the Vance game it was pretty tight the first time around and came down to 3 or 4 plays. Creek made them round 1 Hough made them RD 2. Hough got one big run for 80 yrds in the 2nd series of the first half and had 2 yds in offense the rest of the half. Creek got the ball in the red zone twice and failed to score in the first half . Fumble on a bad option call and Hough stopped them 4th and 1 at about the 12. That plus a long TD run called back because of a hold and it could have been 21-6 at half. Instead it was 7-6 and that was probably the ball game. 2nd half Hough gets ball and Robinson beats press coverage on a 60 yrd go route and after that it just settled into sort of a scrum game. One place Hough has a huge advantage is in the kicking game. They played the entire 2nd half in Creek teritory where MC needed to go 90 yards because of great punting by Hough. Huge difference between the two teams.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
If u don't like them talking....beat em...Hough did they can talk...wake did last yr...they can talk. I'm far from a Creek fan but not a hater...I respect them because no matter what their coaches r gonna get them ready n come out n play it's up 2 u 2 match them or as in Hough better them n win.

He is a non-entity to me. First he is Mr. Purnell Swett then he is Mr. Scotland last year....now he Bobby Raider. Rarely read anything he posts. Raider fans are great on this board as are the Scotland guys. This guy is just a troll and everyone knows it. I am almost positive myself and Nepsy met him last year at the Scotland game. If its the same guy then it would explain everything to you.....LOL

He is a non-entity to me. First he is Mr. Purnell Swett then he is Mr. Scotland last year....now he Bobby Raider. Rarely read anything he posts. Raider fans are great on this board as are the Scotland guys. This guy is just a troll and everyone knows it. I am almost positive myself and Nepsy met him last year at the Scotland game. If its the same guy then it would explain everything to you.....LOL
Did-that-go-the-way-you-thought-The-Other-Guys.gif

I guess he is or was in the military...guess he's been sniffing the napalm a lil bit. Sad thing is the military has a great medical setup...there's help for people with mental health issue like his out there.

Reactions: S2V2
I'm sorry you feel that way Bubba
But like they say the first step to fixing a problem is admitting u have 1. Maybe cut down on the multiple profiles so maybe the true person comes out. Remember ur only 1 call away from emotional n mental help my friend. A close friend of mine from college is a social worker...he's not a psychologist but it's a start and he may not charge if he thinks it's dire.

But like they say the first step to fixing a problem is admitting u have 1. Maybe cut down on the multiple profiles so maybe the true person comes out. Remember ur only 1 call away from emotional n mental help my friend. A close friend of mine from college is a social worker...he's not a psychologist but it's a start and he may not charge if he thinks it's dire.
I'm sorry you feel that way Bubba

If u don't like them talking....beat em...Hough did they can talk...wake did last yr...they can talk. I'm far from a Creek fan but not a hater...I respect them because no matter what their coaches r gonna get them ready n come out n play it's up 2 u 2 match them or as in Hough better them n win.

It’s talk. Talk. All talk. Those offended by talk can watch the golf channel.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
There is nothing wrong with the playoff set up. Everyone bitched about the Pods and they got rid of it. Sorry but in 4AA it is basically a Charlotte bracket you're going to play a team you probably played in the regular season... it is what it is! If my memory serves me correctly some Mallard Creek fans were saying in the past to West Forsyth fans you have to beat the best anyways. We have enough rules already no more changes! Just Win....

South Carolina used to have the BIG 16. You made the playoff sometime if you were 3-7. Then you turn around and play the same teams in the playoffs and sometimes for the Championship.

Dorman just lost to TL Hanna that is undefeated, their reward was the winner of the Gaffney/Byrnes game, which Byrnes pulled off. The winner of that game will be probably Mr. Tom Knotts. Get it done!!!

South Carolina used to have the BIG 16. You made the playoff sometime if you were 3-7. Then you turn around and play the same teams in the playoffs and sometimes for the Championship.

Dorman just lost to TL Hanna that is undefeated, their reward was the winner of the Gaffney/Byrnes game, which Byrnes pulled off. The winner of that game will be probably Mr. Tom Knotts. Get it done!!!

The true Big 16 was the 16 largest schools per ADM every two years. All 16 made the playoffs. One year a zero win team made it. Crazy.

The SC 5A is a gauntlet! Byrnes had to rematch Gaffney last night, probably their biggest rival.

Nobody wants to say so I will. Hough out coached MC last night. MC tried to play bully ball last night and it didn't work. They tried to run down Houghs throat. But the Hough kids stepped up no backing down. Jim Kelly's nephew at QB threw more picks. Than passes completes, the 4 star transfer RB probably on his way back to Cali. Welcome to MALLARD CREEK big city and dreams. But everything at the creek ain't always what it seems.

(alter ego no.2). In the end they are jus kids, kids make mistakes...happens. sux that it was their first game in the playoffs. Hough is a good team...can't play mistake free ball vs teams like that. This is Houghs probably best shot of winning state...with all the talent that is about 2 leave it's hard seeing them this good anytime past this season.

The true Big 16 was the 16 largest schools per ADM every two years. All 16 made the playoffs. One year a zero win team made it. Crazy.

The SC 5A is a gauntlet! Byrnes had to rematch Gaffney last night, probably their biggest rival.

I thought that was true about the BIG 16. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: btango
Nobody wants to say so I will. Hough out coached MC last night. MC tried to play bully ball last night and it didn't work. They tried to run down Houghs throat. But the Hough kids stepped up no backing down. Jim Kelly's nephew at QB threw more picks. Than passes completes, the 4 star transfer RB probably on his way back to Cali. Welcome to MALLARD CREEK big city and dreams. But everything at the creek ain't always what it seems.

Nobody wants to say this but I will.....Where is my jersey you owe me.

Do you know the RB's name? It's not Charles Mincey is it? I've seen him mentioned a couple times but haven't gotten a name. Thanks.

(alter ego no.2). In the end they are jus kids, kids make mistakes...happens. sux that it was their first game in the playoffs. Hough is a good team...can't play mistake free ball vs teams like that. This is Houghs probably best shot of winning state...with all the talent that is about 2 leave it's hard seeing them this good anytime past this season.
They have a lot of young talent as well. Surely it's an older team, but the current underclassmen have more talent now, than the current senior class did when they were underclassmen. If that makes sense, kind of tricky wording.

Do you know the RB's name? It's not Charles Mincey is it? I've seen him mentioned a couple times but haven't gotten a name. Thanks.
I believe so, sad case with that kid. Came from Cali, as 4 star recruit. With numerous pac-10 offers, now after one season at the creek. All those offers disappeared like David Blaine magic trick. Go ahead COACH "P" pull a rabbit out the hat. From hatfishing to catfishing, 1things for certain. 2 things for sure....... basketball and wrestling season has arrived at the CREEK. Might come watch a good figure four leg lock, or Boston crab.
Watch "Ric Flair Finisher - Figure 4 leg lock" on YouTube

I believe so, sad case with that kid. Came from Cali, as 4 star recruit. With numerous pac-10 offers, now after one season at the creek. All those offers disappeared like David Blaine magic trick. Go ahead COACH "P" pull a rabbit out the hat. From hatfishing to catfishing, 1things for certain. 2 things for sure....... basketball and wrestling season has arrived at the CREEK. Might come watch a good figure four leg lock, or Boston crab.
LOL
I'm going to keep my mouth shut and let the funnies continue......... I just caught on lol

FDABr6q.jpg

Y'all let Prior break a 90yd, nothing like track speed. Y'all thought you was going impose their will. Instead you got hit with sledgehammer, the best way. To kill an ant, sends a message.

Never seen nothing like it, not a team. But a whole classification fears the mighty Raptors. Dream Killers is what they call us, so I guess taking souls plays a big part. The #1 RB in the state will grace you with his presence Friday night. But dont forget it's plenty of star power other than him. The super sophomore Big play Gabe Stephens with numerous power 5offers. Not to mention he's a 4star recruit via 24/7 sports 6'4 195lb LB/WR. How does swain match that? Easy they can't so folks sit back and watch the show. Watch the Raptors run across that muddy field like it's a track. This is David vs. Goliath but this time goliath is knocking blocks off.
Tell the town a beast is loose and it's Raptor with million dollar swag.

Ole Rich dropping some knowledge on his team last week. The Mighty Raptors........LOL. I knew there was a reason you have been so quiet this year.

Final score- Swain County 13- Dream Killers 6. Tell me......how does Mountain Island Charter with the best RB in the state and Big Play Gabe only score 6 on a team that gives up FIFTY to something called Mt Airy the next week. Ole Rich got run off the 1a board so he comes running up here.

Tell you what. I have changed my mind....... I dont want a West Meck jersey you owe me anymore. I would like a Swain County Maroon Devil sweatshirt. XXL please. The good news is I will be driving to Gastonia to watch Catholic and Huss on Friday. I can drop by the Taco Bell and pick up my winnings in between you making me a Chulupa.

We good??

Absolutely. I'll take the run Creek went on any day. Heckuva run if this is considered a bad year for Creek. Nothing but respect for what they've done. The jokes are funny but on the real you're not a real high school football if at some point you can't tip your hat to what Creek has accomplished. #EFEAGLEPRIDE

Never seen nothing like it, not a team. But a whole classification fears the mighty Raptors. Dream Killers is what they call us, so I guess taking souls plays a big part. The #1 RB in the state will grace you with his presence Friday night. But dont forget it's plenty of star power other than him. The super sophomore Big play Gabe Stephens with numerous power 5offers. Not to mention he's a 4star recruit via 24/7 sports 6'4 195lb LB/WR. How does swain match that? Easy they can't so folks sit back and watch the show. Watch the Raptors run across that muddy field like it's a track. This is David vs. Goliath but this time goliath is knocking blocks off.

Ole Rich dropping some knowledge on his team last week. The Mighty Raptors........LOL. I knew there was a reason you have been so quiet this year.

Final score- Swain County 13- Dream Killers 6. Tell me......how does Mountain Island Charter with the best RB in the state and Big Play Gabe only score 6 on a team that gives up FIFTY to something called Mt Airy the next week. Ole Rich got run off the 1a board so he comes running up here.

Tell you what. I have changed my mind....... I dont want a West Meck jersey you owe me anymore. I would like a Swain County Maroon Devil sweatshirt. XXL please. The good news is I will be driving to Gastonia to watch Catholic and Huss on Friday. I can drop by the Taco Bell and pick up my winnings in between you making me a Chulupa.

We good??

That something Mt Airy is a constant state contender in 1A. I promise u that was no accident. Mt Airy stay doing it in 1A. They scrimmaged 3A Randleman who's a 1 seed and still playing in 2A at Wake Forest in August and owned them.

We good??
This guy has multiple accounts, like 5-6. How Deana and the other moderators on here allow it is beyond me.

This guy has multiple accounts, like 5-6. How Deana and the other moderators on here allow it is beyond me.
Most sites wouldn't have it..I know Chris on CP, and Matt and Dale on CV do not play that. He reminds me of the person whos comedy no 1 finds funny but him.

Most sites wouldn't have it..I know Chris on CP, and Matt and Dale on CV do not play that. He reminds me of the person whos comedy no 1 finds funny but him.

Its always been the wild west here with regards to trolls. 99% I dont even pay attention to. Its her site, she is free to run it anyway she chooses. Most of these sites are dwindling fast. The conversation is moving to twitter and other avenues.....CV goes days without a post though I am told there are still alot of views. Wont be long before these begin to just dry up which is too bad because I have always enjoyed the football talk and even some occasional trash talk.Most of which is in good fun

As far as Ole RIch goes he is like Skimo and several others. Heads pop up every so often..........think they know what they are talking about. Quickly make bold predictions and then are gone. They never stick around long because they know they have zero idea what they are talking about. Just trolling.

The one thing I know for certain is that if Ole Rich has something negative to say about something you know your doing it right because he hasnt said anything that has come to fruition.
- Said Creek wouldnt win 5 games last year- Wrong
- Said they would get rolled by Scotland- Wrong
- Said HArding would trounce them- Wrong
- Said MICS would win multiple state titles- WAY WRONG
- Said West side Charlotte football is back......WAY WAY WRONG

I could go on and on

Now that I think about it and after watching the first matchup again, I'm not too shocked that Hough won. It was a tough win for MC last time they played. I didn't see this game, but it seems like MC came out cold after a bye and Hough didn't. The I-Meck has 3 of the best teams in the state playing each other back to back. We might see an upset every now and then.

The Vance and Hough game should be a great one. Since Mt. Tabor is traveling to the A.C. Reynolds this week I was thinking about coming to that game, but I have to support the local team East Forsyth this weekend.

That something Mt Airy is a constant state contender in 1A. I promise u that was no accident. Mt Airy stay doing it in 1A. They scrimmaged 3A Randleman who's a 1 seed and still playing in 2A at Wake Forest in August and owned them.

Randleman is 2A and lost to Brevard in the second round. Mt Airy has been a top team in 1A for several years with state title appearances and a title. Swain has been down but still whipped Rich's MICS All Stars.

***No issue with MICS but Rich blows them up "a little" too much.

Getting back to the thread I wonder if Mallard Creek can put together another state championship run. Will Palmieri stay at MC or will he bolt to South Carolina?

Getting back to the thread I wonder if Mallard Creek can put together another state championship run. Will Palmieri stay at MC or will he bolt to South Carolina?

Please....They had a bad night against a very good team. Talent wise Hough was the best team in the state. They havent lost a regular season game in 2 years and are a year away from being tied in the 4th quarter of the state title game. 13 starters back including 2 kids who didnt play in the last half of the season due to injury. 4 Oline starters back. Probably the most talented sophmore in the program since Jaylen. They dont rebuild....they just reload. They will be right back in the hunt.

And a ton of Creek hate to fuel the fire.

Please....They had a bad night against a very good team. Talent wise Hough was the best team in the state. They havent lost a regular season game in 2 years and are a year away from being tied in the 4th quarter of the state title game. 13 starters back including 2 kids who didnt play in the last half of the season due to injury. 4 Oline starters back. Probably the most talented sophmore in the program since Jaylen. They dont rebuild....they just reload. They will be right back in the hunt.

And a ton of Creek hate to fuel the fire.

Wake Forest defeated Mallard Creek last year. They don't give trophies for being tied in the 4th quarter in a state championship game.

Creek Hate really has not done much for the program the past three years.

Wake Forest defeated Mallard Creek last year. They don't give trophies for being tied in the 4th quarter in a state championship game.

Creek Hate really has not done much for the program the past three years.

The fact that people are jabbing the Mallard Creek program speaks volume. The team will not change much in its consistency if you look at the Roster. Need a QB but in these days and times when you have the talent they have coming back that won’t be a problem I don’t think some parent in the US is looking for a spot. Every QB in he final 4 was somewhere else the previous year.

I take it the Lake Man is a Hough poster. You would do better to direct that energy towards Vance they are the thing keeping you from a regional final either at Myers Park or Richmond. Mallard Creek will be fine I’m sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT