ADVERTISEMENT

1st Week games of interest for 1A

Asheville School at Hayesville. Asheville School is a private school that has a former NFL RB as HC and has several players getting D-1 looks. They seem to have several starters returning from a good team last year. Being a private school you can not predict roster additions or losses. If HHS pulls the upset or plays a very competitive game, then it could very well foreshadow a good year for the Jackets in the SMC.

Mt Airy at 2A North Surry could be a most important game for Mt Airy. In my opinion, much more important to Mt Airy than North Surry.
Just like last year, Mt Airy wins, they are off and running, if they win convincingly, the 16 game season is their goal.

North Surry loses, no big deal for them of than pride. They still win their conference and go one or two games into the playoffs.
Mt Airy loses, OMG, now what do they do? expect a 12 or 13 game season.

Asheville School at Hayesville. Asheville School is a private school that has a former NFL RB as HC and has several players getting D-1 looks. They seem to have several starters returning from a good team last year. Being a private school you can not predict roster additions or losses. If HHS pulls the upset or plays a very competitive game, then it could very well foreshadow a good year for the Jackets in the SMC.
Looks like Asheville returns their QB and top 2 WR’s. I’ve read about a DB committed to Virginia and a senior LB as two leaders on their defense.

Big goals for this Hayesville team. A third consecutive winning season and a conference championship are within their reach.

Mt Airy at 2A North Surry could be a most important game for Mt Airy. In my opinion, much more important to Mt Airy than North Surry.
Just like last year, Mt Airy wins, they are off and running, if they win convincingly, the 16 game season is their goal.

North Surry loses, no big deal for them of than pride. They still win their conference and go one or two games into the playoffs.
This board would light up like the Griswold house in Christmas vacation if Mount airy lost to North surry lol.

North Surry returns a lot. Trap game for the Bears. If North had nothing and the Bears returned it all it still is one of those games that always naked us Bear fans nervous. High expectations this year in Toast. Standing room only at their place , 1st game of last the year. Trap game for sure

Yes that was last year. BUT THAT WAS LAST YEAR! The Greyhounds, from what I hear, having been racing along the "path" ever since that game. The term "money Game" will have more meaning this year for both teams, I expect.

I agree, hearing some good things are happening in toast and as a Bear fan understand that this rivalry always has the potential for strange things to happen no matter what either team has. I never said North was beating the Bears , what I said was this is and always will be a trap game for the Bears. With that being said outside of the first game of the season who wouldn’t want to see Coach Smith and the hounds do good. I mean he is a former Bear. Just saying

I agree, hearing some good things are happening in toast and as a Bear fan understand that this rivalry always has the potential for strange things to happen no matter what either team has. I never said North was beating the Bears , what I said was this is and always will be a trap game for the Bears. With that being said outside of the first game of the season who wouldn’t want to see Coach Smith and the hounds do good. I mean he is a former Bear. Just saying
That's like working at Phillip morris and smoking camels. Shame on you. It's heated. Hatred. Should be. At least he's not all over Twitter anymore. Maybe he is growing up. Last year nothing to do with it. Smart thing this year maybe worse. Joyce may have 10 sacks.

Same can be said about East and coach Holder. Hope the bears beat them by a 100 but after that I hope they have a heck of a season.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86

They shouldn't schedule MT Airy vs North Surry match up to be the first game of the season. This rivalry should be schedule later in the season. Maybe, next year in realignment that will change.

They shouldn't schedule MT Airy vs North Surry match up to be the first game of the season. This rivalry should be schedule later in the season. Maybe, next year in realignment that will change.
I think there is a good chance with 8 divisions they may be in the same conference. Of course, we are not seeing much about how the ADMs will be.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think there is a good chance with 8 divisions they may be in the same conference. Of course, we are not seeing much about how the ADMs will be.
I kind of doubt that. Pretty sure Mount airy's ADMs will drop. All those kids that came in during the COVID because they were going to school face-to-face and were the only one around doing it. They're all graduating or just graduated. There's a good chance they'll stay 2a

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT