ADVERTISEMENT

1st preliminary bracket released has surprises!

Simmons has "in-progress" projections

http://simmonsratings.com/bracket.htm

Well I believe he is wrong about a couple things. The way I guess he's putting Murphy in the 1AA is because he doesn't have East Carteret in the 1AA East but they are in a 2A/1A conference with only two teams in the 1A and they won the 1A so while they can't get a automatic bid being below .500 they still get an at-large for being in first place in their conference classification.
Second he and OT still has Bear Grass Charter in the 1A East and from I understand they opted out.

Reactions: mbdfan
Well I believe he is wrong about a couple things. The way I guess he's putting Murphy in the 1AA is because he doesn't have East Carteret in the 1AA East but they are in a 2A/1A conference with only two teams in the 1A and they won the 1A so while they can't get a automatic bid being below .500 they still get an at-large for being in first place in their conference classification.
Second he still has Bear Grass Charter in the 1A East and from I understand they opted out.
East Carteret added in is what will keep Murphy in 1A then. Bear Grass spot will just be filled by a team smaller than Murphy most likely, based on current rankings.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
East Carteret is what will ultimately keep Murphy in 1A. Bear Grass spot will just be filled by a team smaller than Murphy most likely, based on current rankings.

Yeah I agree. Just thought it odd that both Simmons and OT still has Bear Grass listed, it looked like plenty of sources saying they were opting out.

Reactions: mbdfan
Tarboro have you guys completed 8 shutouts out of 11 regular season games... and only 1 team that you've played out of the 3 teams that scored against you had only 8 pts as the high for a game? That is crazy!!! Giving up less than 3pts/game....Unbelievable!!!

I was listening to 100.9 elkin radio east surry game last night and they were talking about playoff brackets and one of the announcers said believe me murphy will find a way to stay in small 1a. I laughed I just was thinking how that thinking is spread statewide lol. I don't believe they do anything to stay small...just found that radio announcers comment was funny.

Will easily be Robbinsville or Murphy winning small 1a. Such a shame. Titles are titles..but small 1a titles never get the recognition they should, especially if you're an on the bubble like team size-wise like Murphy is year end and year out.... Robbinsville and Elkin are truly small no question...but Murphy.....well....

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT