ADVERTISEMENT

1AA West Round 3

Does anyone know how far it is from Starmount to Whiteville? What is the best route to take?

Bearcat if you stop at outback it is about a 4 hour drive to Starmount!
devil.r191677.gif

About the same time it was when we went to South Columbus in 2008...4 hours. Starmount has all focus on West Montgomery this week.

By the looks of what most are saying West Montgomery and Swain shouldn't even show up. Wow one week at a time people..

West has no chance...... That team from the hills has so much talent, coaching and athletes.....

see you guys Friday night

There has been nobody from Starmount saying that. Nobody has really said anything period about the Rams this year. Heck, no mention of the game with Bessemer City until I posted the final score.

Its pretty simple. If we see the first half WM team from last night at anytime the rest of the way, for any stretch of time, we lose. Starmount wins. If we see the 2nd half team, I like our chances. I do expect it to be a heck of a game. Starmount has been there and done it too. Walkertown hasn't and that was to our advantage. We want have that advantage against Starmount.

This is Starmounts game to win this year. I would like to see this game but since I live in Whiteville I will be at SC vs Whiteville. I saw Starmount play South couple years ago at the OK Coral in playoffs. Good game.

WM - 28-21 over Starmount - if the 2nd half team shows up. Other way around if not.
Whiteville 35-21 over Swain - Pulling for the good folks in Swain, but without McCoy I don't see it happening.

Then that will be the end of the road for WM. Whiteville will win the west. It will be a close game, not the 4-5 td blowout some are predicting. That is if we get past Starmount. I have said all along we are a year away. Despite the win, that showed through real clear Friday night.

Foot. I like wm's chances against almost anyone in 1AA as long as they hold onto the football. The qb exchange could be worked on a little more as well just my opinion..........

I agree Pride. My only concern is the focus. Last year we had many leaders to keep the focus. Time for this year's leaders to step up and show us that they really want it.

Im a stats guy and I know that doesn't always mean anything. I see WM winning by 10 but only pulling away in the 4th quarter. I think it will be close at halftime, with Starmount possibly having a small lead.

As far as Swain and Whiteville go, I would rather see Swain win because I think they would be the better matchup for WM IF we get to the 4th round.

At this point in the year,why are Venter and QB having
problems with snap. This is unusual in 3 round of PO.

The Center was having brain farts or something. He is usually rock solid. I think the coaches need to forbid girlfriend contact on Fridays! lol Anyway, he had an unusually rough start but he fixed his issues and was fine. Cant do that again from here on out. Im hoping that was our bad game or off night or whatever you want to call it.

Gotoblueg---- sound like you dont want to play the warriors big boy!!!!! WELL GUESS WHAT GET READY TO GET ON THE DAMN BUS!!!!!!!!

gotoblue, our guys are very young and they are learning to handle big games. Its kind of odd to say a team is the #1 seed and have to talk about their youth and struggles. I think they will be fine. Its just some mild growing pains. They grew alot last week when they got behind and didnt panic. They stayed in control the whole time. To me, that speaks volumes about Coaching and Team preperation. Coach Eddins doesnt let these guys get caught up in the hype and fanfare. Its just a game to them. My nephew plays for North Stanly and after WM beat the brakes off of them my nephew said as our guys were walking to the buses "Look at them, they aint excited or anything! They act like its just another game!" I said Josh to these guys thats all it is. Its like a job. They handle business and then go prepare for next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT