ADVERTISEMENT

1AA Playoffs Round 2:North Stanly VS Murphy

North Stanly was loaded with Talent and decent size this year. They should have been Undefeated. Murphy beat a Team that may be as tough as Mt. Airy two nights ago

Reactions: NC nole fan
North Stanly is better than MA imo. As much as I hate to admit due to the way they act, that was one heckuva football team. They could easily be playing Tarboro for the title.

Heck, Murphy is intimidating to anyone they play. Whether they're home or away. This is their year as well talent wise.

I disagree Blueprint. East Surry and Mt Airy aren’t intimidated by anyone. Respect? Yes! We respect Murphy and Swain the same as they do us, but fear doesn’t figure into the equation. I would venture to say that the Murphy and Swain faithful would agree with me.

Besides White at Scotland County, No. 20 at NS is as good a back that I’ve seen in a long, long time. Kid is a special player

Besides White at Scotland County, No. 20 at NS is as good a back that I’ve seen in a long, long time. Kid is a special player

Oh there’s no comparison there haha. I’ve enjoyed getting to see White play this year.

As for blueprint, you also thought NS would handle Murphy so I’m not gonna put a lot of stock in to your prediction and opinion lol. I think if both teams handle their business and win on Friday then the game the following week will be special and I’ll make the trip from Laurinburg.

I didn't imply that MA/ ES was intimidated by Murphy. However, I did imply that some teams like Murphy, Swain and say Starmount in the 80s and 90s were intimidating by reputation alone that they earned through conf championships, playoff wins, and state championships and what not. Most teams were beat before they got off the bus against those teams. Definitely was not saying you guys were intimidated by them individually. The Top tier SMC teams along with Mt.Airy, E.Surry, Starmount, Maiden have through the years earned the right to be respected and yes, can be intimidating to most 1a teams that don't have the winning track record and the historical pedigree of the teams I mentioned. I'm sure I may have left out a team or two, but those teams stick out.

Last edited:
Swain dominated Murphy and I'm sure you thought Swain would beat Bessemer City right? Yep, I thought WC would beat Pisgah..so what..I still wasn't impressed with Pisgah..Franklin barely beat Pisgah twice..Franklin beat Murphy correct..This is the thing NCnole..im sure you don't play..nor do I, but we can all debate on whether a team will lose or win..and guess what..neither you nor I can determine the outcome..it's your opinion to think as you see fit. It is mine as well my man..LOL..So you can copy and paste my post..and throw shade..but at the end of the day..youre an armchair qb..just like me... though you strongly oppose my opinions..just remember it's a messageboard..it's not Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune..so let me know when you get paid for picking a team correctly and having an opinion. I've picked wrong several times..and I'm sure will pick wrong again..LOL. I like how you take the time to always respond though..LOL...Good luck to Murphy and The Mountain teams..Now Nole get off my jock. Just make sure your money's on Franklin when they play Hibriten. I saw Pisgah struggle to beat WC yes they got an insurance score to win by that margin at the end. Im sure Murphy is legit. But do you think that a team plays their best game of the year each week? Did Pisgah have an off night when they played Murphy? Did Franklin have an off night when they barely beat Murphy? Did Murphy have an off night when Swain beat them? Did Swain have off night when Cherokee utterly destroyed them? WC played their worst game of the year against Pisgah..and was definitely more than in the game the entire time. I was there, not sure if you were. No excuses WC still lost. Just saying..it's all talk on here..I still think Mt.Airy will beat Murphy at Mt.Airy if they play..I still think Hibriten will send Franklin packing on Friday night. I will enjoy Crow if neither pans out.
Um I would even say swain dominated murphy lol

I argue respectfully with a few on here. It's all in fun. My judgement gets easily clouded at times. Lol. I go against the SMC so hard out of respect for them..but the main reason I do it..is that I like pulling for an underdog...Most teams playing against those teams are usually the underdog. LOL. I definitely know and respect their history. Some people relish the underdog role at times, though.

LoL..NCnole..so far, I've been The King of Wrong. Lol. Good luck to everyone left in the playoffs. All teams that are left are there because they deserve to be. I suspect no easy wins going forward for anyone. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Lol. No Mt.Airy cheerleader here. I'm an EW fan. LoL. I just try to pull for teams in the area. Gotta pull for them even if they don't have a chance in..you know where..LOL. i watched EW go down in a heap the last 5 games of the season. LoL. And as far as Swain not dominating Murphy, I know they didn't. Told ya in the heat of discussion my judgement gets clouded. Def not a Mt.Airy cheerleader, though. They're a few miles away from EW, so when EW bows out i pull for the other local teams.

So was Cherokee and we saw how that worked out for them. Every team is undefeated until they're not! Fact: Mt. Airy has not played a team as good as Murphy all year. That undefeated record won't score one point if they face Murphy. I guarantee that!
Nole why you got to bring old shit up. Anyways if y'all are out to have an undefeated season....that's cute. But the goal should always be a title, regardless of how you have to do it.

By that statement, it's ok if Cherokee boys play for Swain to have a chance at a title. Lord knows we read about the disdain of that enough on here.

I didn't put any haha or Lol in there Noles...I was kidding too. Good luck to Murphy this week. Bring it home for the SMC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT